camo cloth/netting? ***UPDATE: PICTURES!***

I posted awhile back about building a room in my basement for hunting gear, gun benches, and reloading tables. It's pretty much done, except for the "set up". The inside wall is bare studs, since I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with it, if anything.

For now, I'd like to cover the walls with camo cloth, maybe mossy oak, but anything "hunting/shooting/sporting" theme. I figure it's a fairly inexpensive fix, and will be easier to cover a few pipes and support poles there. Any idea where I can find this stuff? Some sporting goods stores carry it, but it's in fairly small pieces, which makes it more expensive. I'd also have to patch it all together.

Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

I like the cammo cloth idea for the unfinished basement! I think I'm going to do the same. Thanks for the tip Martlet. [wink]

Not sure but take a look for camo netting, etc. at Cheaper Than Dirt and/or Sportsman's Guide . . . assuming that they dare to ship that stuff to MA! [rolleyes] [thinking]

I have no idea where you can get it but if you're using it inside make sure it's some type of FIRE-RESISTANT camo cloth.

Respectfully,

jkelly

jkelly makes a very important point. The stuff at Cabela's has a "Polyurethane coating for all-season waterproof performance" which is likely very flammable! [thinking]

I have no idea where you can get it but if you're using it inside make sure it's some type of FIRE-RESISTANT camo cloth.

Respectfully,

jkelly

My house was built in 1900. Camo cloth is the least of my fire hazard problems. I'll keep my eye out for it, though

I like the cammo cloth idea for the unfinished basement! I think I'm going to do the same. Thanks for the tip Martlet. [wink]

I thought it would be nice. I finished the side of the studs that face the rest of the basement, so the little lady doesn't have to look at it. I want the "man town" side to be covered, but not really finished. This way I can finish it if I ever decide to, it still looks decent, and the material easily wraps around corners and such. Fast and easy.

Well, it's all but finished. The General is picking up some shelves for me to hang. The walls are mostly covered. I even did a wall in MARPAT so Derek would feel at home if he ever comes to visit.

Martlet, where did you end up getting the cloth from? I've got a similar project in mind using MARPAT and the netting. Any leads are appreciated! Thanks

ETA: Any pics of the finished basement?

I ended up getting the cloth at Jo-Ann Fabrics. They had a ton of stuff, I was just limited by the amount I wanted in one continuous sheet.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 38
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 32
  • left1.jpg
    left1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 30
And a few more...

The room is about 10' X 10', which doesn't include the 4' X 10' closet on the end which obviously hasn't had a door put on yet.

Attachments

• left2.jpg
    left2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 26
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 28
  • straight.jpg
    straight.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
When you do get around to finishing it off, RealTree is available in 4x8 paneling sheets - or at least they were last year; I saw them in a hardware/lumber store on Park Ave in Worcester.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom