Camp Perry Results

The Boston Patriot said:
Hey,

I see GO-NH had a team there. Can't GOAL send a team there?

TBP

I don't know why GOAL doesn't have a team in this match, but there are lots of good reasons that a state assoc. or club may not shoot the National Trophy or Infantry Trophy team matches. The matches require teams to have a “New Shooter” (a competitor that has never shot the team match before). Once you have shot the match, you have lost your cherry as a new shooter for that match.

If your club or state assoc. doesn’t have a competitive team, it’s not a bad idea to hold off shooting the team match for a year when you are more competitive, or find someone’s non shooting wife or significant other to shoot the match as a New Shooter (ie: a leg match director trying to up the numbers of legs given out, by getting lots of non shooters to sign up).

Doing this allows you to season some of the New Shooters to Perry and provides them a significant amount of experience before ever taking the line at the National Trophy Team Match or Infantry Trophy Team Match. In my experience, it is never a good idea to have a first timer out to Perry shoot one of those matches, no matter how good they are.

Unfortunately it is hardly ever the case that civilian teams do that. In my experience, a lot of the regulars on teams that go out there want to shoot, and really don’t care about burning a new shooter or on being a competitive team. The focus tends to be more on having a good time or working on your own goals, than on being a competitive team. Consequently many young competitive shooters are burnt before they even know what the term means.

B

From the CMP site

Marines Win, One Point Under NTT Record The United States Marine Corp Gold team has won the 2006 National Trophy Team 'Dogs of War' Trophy. Their score of 2958-113 is one point less than the NTT record, set in 1992 by USAR Atkins. The Marine Corps team consisted of SSgt Daniel Duitsman, SSgt Jason Benedict, GySgt Kevin Marion, CW02 Billy Williamson, SSgt Ryan Benedict, SSgt John Godwin.

It's not over at all. The NRA Highpower Rifle and Long Range championships are still to come.

There are many National Trophies still left waiting for a new name to be engraved on them.

I'm leaving town for Camp Perry on Sunday for four solid days of shooting, 60 rounds a day, 80 degree weather, and done each day by 3 PM. [smile]

If I don't have a train wreck along the way, I should come back a High Master.

Jose said:
It's not over at all. The NRA Highpower Rifle and Long Range championships are still to come.

There are many National Trophies still left waiting for a new name to be engraved on them.

I'm leaving town for Camp Perry on Sunday for four solid days of shooting, 60 rounds a day, 80 degree weather, and done each day by 3 PM. [smile]

Best of luck Jose,

Let us know how it goes.

TBP

Jose said:

Well I am finally back!!! And all I have to say is, I wish I left some of the 100+ degrees weather for ya Jose!

Nice shooting Brent!

What it was like the first time you drove down the street toward the ranges, and you finaly came up on the range and saw nothing but targets in your field of vision. Pretty cool huh?[grin]

B

Here are some Pictures!!!

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00860.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00774.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00800.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00802.jpg

DSC00803.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00805.jpg

DSC00806.jpg

DSC00807.jpg

DSC00808.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

DSC00812.jpg

DSC00813.jpg

DSC00814.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

DSC00816.jpg

DSC00817.jpg

DSC00818.jpg

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

DSC00823.jpg

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

DSC00830.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00841.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

DSC00845.jpg

DSC00846.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

DSC00850.jpg

DSC00851.jpg

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00853.jpg

DSC00854.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00860.jpg

Awesome pictures! I'm getting Perry fever!

I'll take my laptop, though I doubt I'll be able to find an internet connection where I'm staying.

I used my blackberry as a modem, but I was told that Springfield Armory has wireless access up on Commercial Row. There are flyers posted on the boards outside about wireless access.

Great Pics,

Congratulations Brent! Thanks for sharing. It looked like a real steamer
out there. Nothing worse than a firing line in the summer. I did basic in
July-August and thought that I had seen the fire of Hades at that time,
so this brought back a lot a bad memories. I loved those great accomodations
that you had. A real class five bungalow. [smile]

TBP

Brent, great pics, and a big "Atta Boy" on making the Presidents 100. I really wish you picked up 10 Leg points out there. I mean I REALLY wish you had! Next year I might not have had to shoot against you in a Leg Match again!

When I see the pictures of the huts, all I've got to say is YIKES! Are those the good ones or the bad ones? I am planning on making the trip out next year.

PatMcD said:
I am planning on making the trip out next year.

Pat,

Are you going to shoot the board matches or the NRA Championship? I'd like to think I'm going to go next year for the board stuff, but can't be sure with rugrat #1 on the way.

B

bpm990d said:
Pat,

Are you going to shoot the board matches or the NRA Championship? I'd like to think I'm going to go next year for the board stuff, but can't be sure with rugrat #1 on the way.

B

I think I'd like to shoot during CMP week because I'm going to concentrate on Service Rifle (probably time for me to buy one instaed of shooting a borrowed one) for the next couple of years. But, everybody here only goes out for NRA week, which I'd also like to do (more people I know = more fun). I can't take 2 weeks in a row off, so I'll need to make a decision.

Congrats on the rugrat!

Last edited:
Jose said:

Best of luck, Jose!

PatMcD said:
I think I'd like to shoot during CMP week because I'm going to concentrate on Service Rifle (probably time for me to buy one instaed of shooting a borrowed one) for the next couple of years. But, everybody here only goes out for NRA week...

Did you read my post about being a new shooter? Civ. teams only need one new shooter for the NTT match and the ITT match.

We have some decent service rifle shooters up here, and we could put together a halfway competitive team, but we need a new shooter. If you go to Perry for the board matches, and the state doesn't have a competitive team, think hard about keeping your new shooter status.

Sometimes it can tke a couple of years to build up a team for the board mathes, but it is somthing you should keep in the back of your mind.

B

Back
Top Bottom