Camp Perry Results

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
Last edited:
Thanks guys! It was a HOT day of 104 and humid as hell. Tomorrow I do it all again and I will bring more good news then!! Till then, signing off!

Good job!

Now folks, the scary thing is this, only 10 points separated Brent from the first place shooter. THAT is TOUGH competition!

National Trophy Individual by the Numbers There are 1281 competitors signed up to shoot today, 944 are non-distinguished. 1073 of the competitors are civilian, 122 from the Army, 37 Marines, 24 from the Air Force, 23 from the Navy, and 2 from the Coast Guard.

I will let you if Brent picks up some more leg points today as soon as he calls. [wink]

Intermediate scores from 200 and 300 yards are expected at 9:30 today. Final results are expect at 17:30. Like yesterday, we will announce the winner as soon as he or she is known.

Wind! There is a 5 to 10 mph wind from the west today. If this sustains, it will play havoc with the shooters when they reach 600. The winning score may be as low as 494 or 493. On top of this the shooters are having to deal with excessive heat and humidity. The heat index is expected to be well over 100 today.

Jose said:
Looks like Brent made the cut.
Spoke too soon, more results kept coming in and he got bumped down to #94 in the non-distinguished rankings. Cut was set at 83.

Bummer. Still, had to be a hellaciously grueling day. Something to be proud of.

Hey all! Yea, it sucks about the cut.. I can only blame myself on missing it.. Not to worry tho, I learned a lot while I was out here and will know what to do next time.

In the end, I would rather have the President's 100 then the leg points if I had to choose. All the guys here are envious and happy that I made it. I can always get leg points next year with 3-4 matches. There is only one President's match.

So yea! I also shot the Hearst Doubles match today with a unknown partner.. I shot a 285-5 (296-5 with handicap) out of 300. Basicly on par again as I was on the presidents match. We got 128th out of 191 teams.

http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/report_eventAward.cgi?matchID=1409&eventID=12&awardID=1 Had I shot with the person I was going to shoot with, We would have gotten 43rd. Still fun as hell tho.

Tomorrow is the 6 man team match. So I will post tomorrow to let you all know how that goes.. I am trying to take some pictures, but when you get out there and it is d*mn hot and you are trying to stay focused, you forget all about it.. :)

Signing off for now!

The Boston Patriot said:
My boys will come through in the end! [smile]

There is the 600SF to go where we will kick some serious service butt!

TBP
TBP The leathernecks gained another 4 points on the 300 rapid fire. [wink] Barring multiple crossfires, this one is about over. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom