Canik TP9SF Anyone got one?

Ran another flawless 200 reloads thru it today before skeet night. Ringing steel at 15 yards is a joke...stepped back to 40 yards and still wacking the steel every shot. Accuracy really amazes me obviously the great trigger has a lot to do with it. Definately an SFX is on the radar...I can't imagine...longer barrel, better trigger and sights. Should be a tackdriver.

Finally got it to the range tonight. Put almost 200rds thought it without a single issue. It's a great buy for under $400, you guys that paid under $300 really made out.

Its got a great trigger, And the Warren sights are nice. My buddy put his VP9 down a couple times to shoot the SF when I put it down. He'll end up grabbing one soon.

image.jpeg

Anyone alter any beretta 92 mags to work in their canik? Supposedly it can be done by just notching it
Wondering if anyone here tried it

Anyone alter any beretta 92 mags to work in their canik? Supposedly it can be done by just notching it
Wondering if anyone here tried it
I did, works just fine. Beretta mags are thick so be patient and be exact (Pretty close) to the same cut on opposite side. If a tad big slide might not lock back on last round but works other than that

Last edited:
Modified a Beretta 92 mag. It works! However, its not just adding the notch (in my case at least). The mag I had, was wider at the top than the Canik mag. This edge hit the magazine catch as I was inserting the mag. I had to grind and hammer a little more contour into this area. I finally got it to slide in and out no issue. 15rnd mag ftw!

Modified a Beretta 92 mag. It works! However, its not just adding the notch (in my case at least). The mag I had, was wider at the top than the Canik mag. This edge hit the magazine catch as I was inserting the mag. I had to grind and hammer a little more contour into this area. I finally got it to slide in and out no issue. 15rnd mag ftw!

Hopefully it still works in that Beretta

Took the Canik out to get some practice. Going to shoot a 3 gun competition with it. Im a new shooter, don't expect to do very well, but no big deal. Gun still awesome after another 150 rounds. Trigger keeps getting better. What impressed me the most though, took the GF shooting for the first time ever in her life. Let her shoot a 22 first (scoped rifle), then let her play with the 9mm Canik. 7 yards, 7" target.

YbySIEv.jpg

Yeah. This continues to impress and fires everything I feed it. I like the fact that it's extremely easy to break down the whole slide as well and fully clean the extractor and striker holes. Breaks down with a gtool or punch.

I'm pretty much sold in this thing as being a fully satisfactory range gun at half the price of a vp9

Yeah. This continues to impress and fires everything I feed it. I like the fact that it's extremely easy to break down the whole slide as well and fully clean the extractor and striker holes. Breaks down with a gtool or punch.

I'm pretty much sold in this thing as being a fully satisfactory range gun at half the price of a vp9

Sweet. I also really enjoy mine (wife's) and has been great. Was going to change sights but its dead on so no need. I shot it back to back with my bud's VP9 and i'll take the Canik and the 200.00 less price tag all day. I have been finding them for 299 online at times. Trigger is very good with a short audible reset. Can't wait till My CZ P10c comes in to compare

Back
Top Bottom