Canik TP9SF Anyone got one?

The new long slide "race gun" version, the TP9 SFX, is now in the USA and going to gun reviewers
It has fiber optic sights and comes with 20 round mags with an extension that looks like a tactical grip

I have 1000 rounds of mixed ammo (mostly Win bulk 115gr) without a hiccup through my SF and love it. Will be adding the SFX as soon as MA allows

Once you cover shipping and transfer, probably can match it and support your local purveyor of firearms for the same price.
Shipping is $3 and transfer is $20. That's means all said and done for $308. Show me a dealer that will match that with tax included.

So if the Canik Elite isn't sold in Mass (I know it's an easy find) because there are no 10 rounders for it why would you think at 20 rounds canik will make 10 rounders? I know it "Can" happen but doubt. (I'll Karma something if they come out with them)

Once you cover shipping and transfer, probably can match it and support your local purveyor of firearms for the same price.

Never happens unless its like some high demand, limited distribution gun. Puds and some of these other distributors basically undercut most locals. I don't buy much "local" either, but I'm not full on skinflint, either. The dealers I use are not that far away and I have no problem paying an extra $20-50 over gunbroker low avg. for the support I get if/when I get a broken gun. If someone skinflints out they absorb all that liability. I don't have time to be running around on weekdays shipping guns or orchestrating repairs. I like just dropping it off, filling a card, and going back to the dealer to pick it up without dealing with the "shipping a regulated item to me when I'm rarely home at the correct time" miasma of bullshit. The skinflint crew loves doing this stuff apparently. I don't even want to think about it, I just want it to be someone elses problem for (however long
it takes).

-Mike

i think i'm going to pick up one of these when i have a little extra money to play with...seems like a good value and most people here seem to have good reliability with them

This gun peaked my interest because I wanted a vp9. Just called petes in Adams and was quoted $415
That's a far cry from $299

Just bought online for 285 plus 3 dollars shipping.

Thanks for the link to that deal!

Last edited:
This gun peaked my interest because I wanted a vp9. Just called petes in Adams and was quoted $415

That is what I should have done. I bought mine at Pete's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

excuse the noob question, but im really interested in buying the tp9sf, and all my local dealers cant come anywhere close to the 285$ online. Ive never purchased a gun online, i would have it sent to Four Seasons in Wouburn for the transfer. My question is do i need to contact FS first to let them know im having a gun sent to them for transfer? Thanks in advance for your hwlp

Yes...always contact your dealer first. Some are confused by laws, lists, etc. Get a yes from them first.

I've heard some dealers are a PIA with inbound transfers if they have said firearm in stock as well.

Also call around for transfer fees, why pay more, I pay 20 bucks.

Also saw an old post (Mid January) where shooters supply in westport had these for $299, but i have no idea if they still have any. It's pretty far from where I live so I'm still better off online....

Last edited:
That is what I should have done. I bought mine at Pete's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah..that's the high end....and they are no where near my house either...so no way. But whatever, if your happy with it,
and it's working for you...who cares really. Its worth a little more to be able to fondle and walk away with it.

Last edited:
Yes...always contact your dealer first. Some are confused by laws, lists, etc. Get a yes from them first.

I've heard some dealers are a PIA with inbound transfers if they have said firearm in stock as well.

Also call around for transfer fees, why pay more, I pay 20 bucks.

Also saw an old post (Mid January) where shooters supply in westport had these for $299, but i have no idea if they still have any. It's pretty far from where I live so I'm still better off online....

thanks for the help... Westport is a long ride for me too, FS fee is 40$ where do you pay 20$?

excuse the noob question, but im really interested in buying the tp9sf, and all my local dealers cant come anywhere close to the 285$ online. Ive never purchased a gun online, i would have it sent to Four Seasons in Wouburn for the transfer. My question is do i need to contact FS first to let them know im having a gun sent to them for transfer? Thanks in advance for your hwlp

yes, you need to contact your ffl before you buy it. call around, some will, some won't, some charge 20, some 40 or more.

where in Eastern MA? For a new gun like that, after transfers, headaches and shipping, I'd say your best bet is to find one locally.

yes, you need to contact your ffl before you buy it. call around, some will, some won't, some charge 20, some 40 or more.

where in Eastern MA? For a new gun like that, after transfers, headaches and shipping, I'd say your best bet is to find one locally.

i live in the north shore are, only experience I have with dealers is four seasons and they have the tp9sf for 399.99

Baystate firearms in Peabody does transfers for 30$, atleast that's what their website says... So that would be roughly 320ish after shipping and transfer fees

do you know if the online order comes in the hard case with the holster,cleaning brush etc... Or is it just the firearm and two mags?

Last edited:
For a new gun like that, after transfers, headaches and shipping, I'd say your best bet is to find one locally.

I'm not sure where the headaches come in unless something doesn't show up in good shape. In that case, you have them send it back. Sure, could be a pain...it's never happened to me ever in many, many transactions though.

Most of the time, buying online is a lot easier than travelling to find a deal....its shipped right to the closest dealer. As for transfers, you do the same paperwork you would when buying there and the local shop is still getting a few bucks for their time, and your getting probably the lowest price available.

Plus,your dealing with your shop and guys you know, not some dipshit, that may or may not treat you right or deem your business important.

Last edited:
do you know if the online order comes in the hard case with the holster,cleaning brush etc... Or is it just the firearm and two mags?

I made the assumption they all come with the case, holster, etc.....If you look at the Canik website, there is no range kit model, all that crap is with the pistol in the box.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where the headaches come in unless something doesn't show up in good shape. In that case, you have them send it back. Sure, could be a pain...it's never happened to me ever in many, many transactions though.

Most of the time, buying online is a lot easier than travelling to find a deal....its shipped right to the closest dealer. As for transfers, you do the same paperwork you would when buying there and the local shop is still getting a few bucks for their time, and your getting probably the lowest price available.

Plus,your dealing with your shop and guys you know, not some dipshit, that may or may not treat you right or deem your business important.

Should have said potential headache. I've also had zero issues but a less experienced person might.

- - - Updated - - -

I made the assumption they all come with the case, holster, etc.....I don't believe there is a "range kit", just how they come in the box. I may be wrong.
The holster and cleaning brush really mean nothing to me anyway. It's a Serpa, I probably won't even use it.

Actually used the holster in a group class and it wasn't half bad

Yes, it comes with the holster, mags, box, etc.

The holster has the serpa style button retention which I know many don't like but is otherwise pretty solid. You can rotate the angle to anything you like. Like it upside down? Have at it. Like it at a reasonable position like slight can't forward, you can do that too.

The problem is this quickly becomes a headache, unless you're retired or something and get to sit around and twiddle your thumbs all day during the work week. In the case of an internet skinflint buy, the local didn't sell you the gun so its not his problem. The remote skinflint dealer is probably going to tell you to go screw , too, because they made like 20 bucks on the thing. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how this doesn't work out so hot. Maybe I'm unlucky. I just know that commodity guns these days, wether its a canik, a glock, whatever, there's a statistically significant non zero possibility of getting a broken gun. Having solid locals helps with this. The last like 3 times I had broken guns I didn't have to pay anything to fix them, or take time off from work to facilitate shipments or any of that BS. I drove to one of my dealers on a saturday and dumped the thing off and then just picked it up when it was fixed.

I'm all for not overpaying for something but theres like a line in the sand where going FR on that idea can
actually cost you money.

-Mike

Last edited:
The problem is this quickly becomes a headache, unless you're retired or something and get to sit around and twiddle your thumbs all day during the work week. In the case of an internet skinflint buy, the local didn't sell you the gun so its not his problem. The remote skinflint dealer is probably going to tell you to go screw , too, because they made like 20 bucks on the thing. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how this doesn't work out so hot. Maybe I'm unlucky. I just know that commodity guns these days, wether its a canik, a glock, whatever, there's a statistically significant non zero possibility of getting a broken gun. Having solid locals helps with this. The last like 3 times I had broken guns I didn't have to pay anything to fix them, or take time off from work to facilitate shipments or any of that BS. I drove to one of my dealers on a saturday and dumped the thing off and then just picked it up when it was fixed.

I'm all for not overpaying for something but theres like a line in the sand where going FR on that idea can
actually cost you money.

-Mike

I'm talking about the headache where you open up the box and something is not right. In that case you send the gun back without a transfer, let them know and they send you a new one. That to me is not really a big deal.

In the case where you buy the gun and 50 rounds later it self destructs. Well. That sucks whether it's from a local dealer or an internet purchase. Because either way it's usually going back to the factory repair and that is just a PIA.

Maybe some local dealers will just give you a new one. But I'm betting most might not. i know my dealer would help me as I do regular business with them and they are not douchebags just because it's a transfer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom