Canik TP9SF Anyone got one?

I'm talking about the headache where you open up the box and something is not right. In that case you send the gun back without a transfer, let them know and they send you a new one. That to me is not really a big deal.

I would feel like a dick to even ask a local tabletop/transfer dealer to do this without offering money to do it. It's not their problem that the gun you bought is ****ed up. Their only role is to transfer the thing. You just wasted their time, over something that isn't their problem. (unless you're willing to eat the fee and pay to have them send it back).

In the case where you buy the gun and 50 rounds later it self destructs. Well. That sucks whether it's from a local dealer or an internet purchase. Because either way it's usually going back to the factory repair and that is just a PIA.

If the local shop (that I bought the gun from) sends it back thats all kinds of bullshit I don't have to deal with. Drop gun off, fill out tag, wait for phone call, done. The shop deals with the factory and all that BS on my behalf (most good shops do this for customers... and some of them will even eat the shipping costs, if they profited off selling you the gun. )

Maybe some local dealers will just give you a new one. But I'm betting most might not. i know my dealer would help me as I do regular business with them and they are not douchebags just because it's a transfer.

They won't give you a new one but most good locals will take care of the problem for you.

Again, I would never expect a dealer only doing a transfer to do this shit for me without additional compensation. The $15-$25 they get to inbound a skinflint gun is virtual peanuts.

-Mike

Last edited:
Nope. Really can't. Best other price I found was 350 online. TSS had half a dozen when I bought mine late afternoon yesterday.

If I could have found one for 300 ish local I would have done it but everyone around here is north of 400 for it.

Last edited:
I would feel like a dick to even ask a local tabletop/transfer dealer to do this without offering money to do it. It's not their problem that the gun you bought is ****ed up. Their only role is to transfer the thing. You just wasted their time, over something that isn't their problem. (unless you're willing to eat the fee and pay to have them send it back).

If the local shop (that I bought the gun from) sends it back thats all kinds of bullshit I don't have to deal with. Drop gun off, fill out tag, wait for phone call, done. The shop deals with the factory and all that BS on my behalf (most good shops do this for customers... and some of them will even eat the shipping costs, if they profited off selling you the gun. )

They won't give you a new one but most good locals will take care of the problem for you.

Again, I would never expect a dealer only doing a transfer to do this shit for me without additional compensation. The $15-$25 they get to inbound a skinflint gun is virtual peanuts.

-Mike

Ummm...yeah...common sense says you pay inbound dealer whatever they need to get it back. That's obvious and expected. My dealer would likely say forgetaboudit....but I would throw them some money anyway.

And yes, at some point, your saving money plan goes off the rails, and buying in state would have been cheaper......... Chances you take..... I've had a lot of online buys and made out well. Only once had to send a slide back to glock and it was a simple process without any more hassle than it is to send a regular package, and I did not involve the inbound dealer at all.

Yes the 25 bucks is virtual peanuts...and I only expect them to push a few buttons on a keyboard and write in a bound book for it. Its still 25 bucks that they didn't have before I walked in.

Last edited:
I finally relented and bought the TP9SF, with no decocker, for $339 cash, and that included free 100 rds 9mm ammo, from the SHooter's Supply sale. I couldn't say no, even though I originally didn't want to buy a turkish gun. My rationale is mostly the price, I admit, yet partially the justification that turkey is still somewhat diverse and tolerant and even has a tenuous relationship with Israel. I'm afraid that erdogan and his band of merry muslims will soon eff it up. but, I digress.............

btw, the gun is fun, although after 100 rds I had 2 misfires, where I pulled the trigger and nothing happened, and 30 seconds later it was tough to pull back the slide and get the round out. when I tried again both rounds fired. perhaps it's the ammo (Winchester white box) so, the verdict is still out, but at the very least it's a cheap plinker beat gun.

I finally relented and bought the TP9SF at the very least it's a cheap plinker beat gun.

Kinda why I bought it.....its a range gun for me, was going to buy a VP9, but didn't want to pay the freight, and the reviews of this gun actually look better.

Turkey plays both sides of the fence....but....consider what countries we buy our oil and gas from though, and really? We finance a billion times more terrorism that way, than we do giving some turkish guy a job making guns. I love all the internet haters who post shame of buying a cheap turkish gun, then go fill their F250 with 100 dollars a week of terrorist made oil products. GMAFB.

If i lived closer to Shooters Supply I would have gotten it there.....that's a pretty decent price with some 9mm included. Im not driving nearly 2 hours one way when I can click and buy and still save money though. With the weather as well, I won't be shooting it anytime soon either...WTF.

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to shoot mine. It really surprised my brother and I. Nice shooter, good trigger. I'm not the best shot in the world, I am actually relatively new to this sport. But even I managed to put 15 rounds into a 5" circle on one of my targets. I think it was probably at 10 or so yards? And after going through a few mags in my Shield 45, going to the Canik was like shooting an airsoft gun! Very light recoil. It was awesome. In the end, out of the box it ate up 50 each of Tula, Freedom Munitions, Winchester White box, and Brass Blazer without a single issue.

Last edited:
Mines at the dealer.....will pick it up tomorrow, the weather doesn't mess it up, 2 feet of snow expected....I'm not expecting them to open. Impressed by speed of the 2.78 cent shipping. Thought I'd be waiting over a week.

Last edited:
I've seen pictures of the SFX. I want it badly!

Yeah...was thinking of getting the SFX. But figured I'd try this first for 300 bucks to see if I like.

Plus the mags would not be able to ship as I think it's only offered with 20 rd.

Last edited:
I picked up a used tan model for $350-looks like a great beater 9mm.

Wrong

It's my most accurate and reliable 9mm with arguably the best trigger. Includes G19, Shield, SR9c, although the Ruger had as good of a trigger. Shield does now after a Dave Santurri trigger job.

Wrong

It's my most accurate and reliable 9mm with arguably the best trigger. Includes G19, Shield, SR9c, although the Ruger had as good of a trigger. Shield does now after a Dave Santurri trigger job.

This my experience too. I got the tan one a few months ago, love it.
Accurate, eats everything, shoots lead reloads well too, no issues.

Picked up mine today all good, trigger is nice, wow...has to be the shortest reset I've ever felt on a plastic gun. Cleaned and lubed it.

Took it for a quick run to the range today. Ran 100 moderate reloads thru it.
Ran like a top. No issues.

Trigger...best I've ever felt on plastic. Better than vp9. I don't love the way it breaks far back, but it's not an issue once you get used to it.

There was a foot of snow on the range so I just stood 15 yds and shot the snow covered bank. After making a nice hole in the snow grouping and finding sights were right on. I threw a few clays up and man...accurate. I'm not used to 9mm, usually shoot bigger stuff. This was like shooting a .22.

Ergonomics are great, mags load easy, and seat easy. Slide racking and load is easy. The finish is probably a little sub par compared to the glock smith and hk, but for 300 dollars, and what you get definitely a steal.

Last edited:
Mark where did you get it for 300?

If you look back at the posts someone tagged TSS Warehouse. Who had them for $285 + 3 dollar shipping. They had a sale on them.
I put myself on the wait list and they had 7 in stock, and I bought immediately. They were out of stock in less than a day. Not sure if it was stock at old prices, etc...whatever...I jumped at it immediately. When I did the transfer, my dealer said that was below his cost...so with the good reviews, there's likely been a price increase.

Most places have them for 350 now. My local dealers are well over 400 for them. Think there is a dealer selling them for 340 with ammo somewhere in SE ma. I'd not hesitate at that price either.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. Yes I did see TSS but wasn't sure that was where you got it. I would rather buy from a shop but haven't seen any lower than 375. I am in southeastern MA so will keep looking for the best deal..would do 340 plus ammo deal right now..the hunt continues. Thanks again

update: 150 rounds today; Aguila, American Eagle, Remington Hollowpoint, some other hollow point. all flawless, happy to report, no failure to fire like .02 last time
and accurate!

Back
Top Bottom