Canik TP9SF Anyone got one?

Looking to pick one of these up in the next week or so but never shot one, only molested it in the LGS. Seems for the price, its a very good bargain 9mm. Thoughts?

GREAT bargain IMOP. This was the very 1st 7 shots with mine. Trigger is at 5.6 lbs and pretty smooth, take up is really short with a nice audible "Click". Mec-Gear Mags are well made. Recoil is a tad better than the Glock 19 IMOP. For a Pistol Range Kit it's well worth the 375.00
22 feet
IMG_5914.jpg ... 15268041_686689578175090_3912869970882000486_n.jpg ... IMG_1928-660x440.jpg .

Is this the non shit version that doesn't have the sear deactivator on top?

-Mike

Is this the non shit version that doesn't have the sear deactivator on top?

-Mike

Yes, the newer ones I was told have it gone. I wouldn't have bought it if it had that crap on it

Might even grab that New offering by Canik after shot show, The ELITE model. But I talked to Century Arms (Jokers IMOP) and they said they aren't making 10 rounders for it yet, I'm sure they will but I'm betting it will be 4-6 months for that

Elite--> 6191713_02_canik_tp9sf_elite_640.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a Canik TP9SF on Good Friday and will be hitting the range with it this weekend for the first time. Just handling it I'm pretty satisfied with this gun. Fit and finish are par with other strike fired handguns. As you said you can't beat the price for what it is. There was a sale on them during Good Friday and it would be impossible to find a similar handgun at that price.

The SF model eliminates the quirky decocker and fixed the ergonomics complained about in the other versions.

I think it's the best $350 pistol you can buy. It's pretty much a budget walther ppq.
DQLYbDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20161020_230125.jpg
    IMG_20161020_230125.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 51
Several weeks ago I purchased the SF model, the one without the decocker. But decided to get rid of it because it was too ammo sensitive. FTF, FTE, failure to go into battery. You name it and I experienced it with this POS. Traded it back to the dealer and bought a H&K VP9. The Canik would have been a great pistol, if it worked.

Several weeks ago I purchased the SF model, the one without the decocker. But decided to get rid of it because it was too ammo sensitive. FTF, FTE, failure to go into battery. You name it and I experienced it with this POS. Traded it back to the dealer and bought a H&K VP9. The Canik would have been a great pistol, if it worked.

first negative review ive seen ,sucks to be you![rofl]

You can get a PPQ or P99 for about $100 more if you look around and are patient. I'm not sure the money is worth the compromise.

I'm not going to come straight out and call you a liar but I will say that I don't believe you one bit. I haven't seen a single bad review from anyone who actually has one. And why the BOLD? Sure looks like you're just trying to baselessly bash it.

It's my most accurate gun muzzle flip wise it's a little jumpy but great pistol all round. Never had any issues shooting it dirty clean whatever it runs awesome

It kills the gun. if it had a double/single action type setup like the walther p99 folks wouldn't complain. Once decocked the slide must be racked (at least partially) to re-cock the striker.

Who is selling them for $296?
Armslist has one for 250 and it's Mass comp so ok to ship. No I can't remember which state was selling it for 250 but just type Canik TP9SF to find it. I bought one for my wife since she hates compacts for the range and shoots a 9mm 1911 most of the time but figured get a beater Range gun so after looking / buying a couple handguns this was what she liked. I'll grab the Elite when it comes with 10 rounders. I paid 350 New

Last edited:
Armslist has one for 250 and it's Mass comp so ok to ship. No I can't remember which state was selling it for 250 but just type Canik TP9SF to find it. I bought it for my wife since she hates compacts for the range and shoots a 9mm 1911 most of the time but figured get a beater Range gun so after looking / buying a couple handguns this was what she liked. I'll grab the Elite when it comes with 10 rounders. I paid 350 New

Thanks for the info!

can i ask why no one likes the decocker?
garyz

The TP9SA's button is not really a decocker, its a deactivator. It's a button intended only to be pressed for field stripping purposes. It's like that POS button on the P99QA that disables the entire gun until it is reracked. You hit that button by accident somehow without realizing it, and congratulations, you now have a dead gun in your holster that won't fire when the trigger is pulled. While it's unlikely to hit this button by accident, it's one of those things that doesn't give me warm fuzzies about a firearm when there's a button on the top of it that basically disables the entire thing.

Hopefully they eliminate that pos from the lineup (or at least redesign the stupid ****ing button so you can't press it without some kind of tool) and keep the others. The rest of them are fine, that model, as configured, is just completely ****ing stupid.

-Mike

I'm not going to come straight out and call you a liar but I will say that I don't believe you one bit. I haven't seen a single bad review from anyone who actually has one. And why the BOLD? Sure looks like you're just trying to baselessly bash it.

Anytime you want to see the receipt, including how much I lost in trade on this POS you are welcome to see it. I think it would be hard for most to believe that someone would make up at story like this. I really did like this pistol, but my life and the life of my family are for too valuable to me to trust on some Glock wannabe. This pistol was only intended as a target gun, nothing more, but even as a target gun it sucked ! Now my Glock 17, that's a pistol that has been 100% reliable, a weapon you can bet your life on. I can only hope that you believe that !

Anytime you want to see the receipt, including how much I lost in trade on this POS you are welcome to see it. I think it would be hard for most to believe that someone would make up at story like this. I really did like this pistol, but my life and the life of my family are for too valuable to me to trust on some Glock wannabe. This pistol was only intended as a target gun, nothing more, but even as a target gun it sucked ! Now my Glock 17, that's a pistol that has been 100% reliable, a weapon you can bet your life on. I can only hope that you believe that !

have you contacted Canik? I've heard zero about their customer service so would be curious.

i guess you go through century arms.

http://www.centuryarms.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf/TP9SALimitedLifetimeWarrantyPolicy_1.pdf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom