Chain/Bars for exterior house doors

Kevlar Bars

YOu must live in a really bad nieghborhood. maybe forget the bars on the windows and jet get one of these

harder.gif

Maybe a Screen door made with heavy welded bars would look nice?

Something to sell? What like a Boing 747?

Here is a TRUE STORY. (That's a No Shitter to you Navy Guys) When I had my last new house built it was frammed with 2x6s the way god intended huses to be built.

My ahole boss that I worked for at the time decieded that I had to go TDY for six months. Partly becuse I worked for the Govt and it was righ after 911 and all and partly because he knew that I was in the middle of having a new house built.

So I did not have a lot of time to babysit the builders; and they did a fair job but forgot a few little details as builders are wort to do.

One of the things that you should do for your doors weather you go steel case or not is to frame up the caseings with double 2x6s and then solid block every with 2x6s every foot between the door frame and the next wall stud.

Use 3" ss screws at 6 in staggered intervales to mount your door frame.

This will prevent some dick head from using a jack to spread the door jams when your not looking.

Also: Install flush mount pressuer switches in the door frame that connect to your alarm system on a failsafe contact open circuit.

There is just about no way they can be tricked out unless you can get at the wires to jummper them closed.

I lost an irreplaceable 1801 bronze statue of a musketeer that my great,great,great Grandfather brought over from Sweaden. It had been in my family for years This was taken around Memorial day weekend form my new house while I was away. They jacked open the doorframe of the attached garage to get in to the house. Stole only the statue and left all of the contractors tools that were in the house. They tripped the smoke/ fire alarm and the fire dept responded.

Maybe a Screen door made with heavy welded bars would look nice?

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MUSKETEER? Reward for Capture of thief who stole it!

Home.h2.jpg

I think the smartass comments on NES are a little rampant today! Sometime I wish people would talk about the topic or keep their yappers shut.

Back
Top Bottom