• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Republicans sell us out

You may be right. The stupidity runs deep on both fringes. Unfortunately, those idiots dominate primaries and the short attention span news cycle. Trump and Biden are both disasters. Their blind followers are both deplorable. Trump has been treated horribly by the press and court system has very unfairly landed on him. That’s mostly why I’ll vote for him. That doesn’t mean he’s not a hot mess. Biden is worse. I’m hoping (delusional) they both have massive strokes (or other crisis) in the next month so that we have a better and clearer choices. We’ll see.
There will never be a better choice for people on the right. Trump didnt want/need to play ball with them and theyve tortured him and his family in the media and through lawfare. WHat person in their right mind would subject themselves to that? If you do see someone to the right of center run for office (other than Trump or maybe Musk) and they arent subjected to the same shitstorm he was, thats the giveaway that theyre controlled opposition.

It's a battle of will. Leftists want us to get frustrated and give up. Leftists will never give up and if we don't match their tenacity they will prevail.
The problem is it’s self sufficient people who simply want to be left alone vs communists that have no problem imprisoning or executing people they disagree with.
They are essentially mentally ill and couldn’t survive a 24 hour power outage without nanny gov providing for them and telling them what to do.
They are perfect subjects as their only allegiance is to the cause.
Add that to a 3 tier justice system and
it’s basically a no win situation unfortunately.

There will never be a better choice for people on the right. Trump didnt want/need to play ball with them and theyve tortured him and his family in the media and through lawfare. WHat person in their right mind would subject themselves to that? If you do see someone to the right of center run for office (other than Trump or maybe Musk) and they arent subjected to the same shitstorm he was, thats the giveaway that theyre controlled opposition.
But 45badger is smarter than us.TDS is deep in his brain, and far right “loons” are as bad as far left nutjobs.

I agree that trump has been hosed by the establishment. One could say he FAFO. If he had graciously accepted his loss (impossible for that ego), none of that would have happened. He’s earned my vote simply on the unfairness of the BS against him and his resilience. I hope he wins. And learned to keep his mouth shut. Sometimes🤣

I don’t think Trump is a conservative. He’s just an obnoxious populist that riles up a lot of folks who feel they have been disenfranchised. In the short run, his policies benefitted me and many others. He also spent like a drunken sailor and failed to rebuild our military strength. Not much difference in outcomes between him and Biden. Both blew the budget/deficit out of the water, both kicked all the hard choices down the road, both thoroughly alienated the other 50% of the electorate.

I think we need to do better than these two. That’s a pretty low bar.

The problem is it’s self sufficient people who simply want to be left alone vs communists that have no problem imprisoning or executing people they disagree with.
They are essentially mentally ill and couldn’t survive a 24 hour power outage without nanny gov providing for them and telling them what to do.
They are perfect subjects as their only allegiance is to the cause.
Add that to a 3 tier justice system and
it’s basically a no win situation unfortunately.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFzlm9wQ4MI

I agree that trump has been hosed by the establishment. One could say he FAFO. If he had graciously accepted his loss (impossible for that ego), none of that would have happened. He’s earned my vote simply on the unfairness of the BS against him and his resilience. I hope he wins. And learned to keep his mouth shut. Sometimes🤣

I don’t think Trump is a conservative. He’s just an obnoxious populist that riles up a lot of folks who feel they have been disenfranchised. In the short run, his policies benefitted me and many others. He also spent like a drunken sailor and failed to rebuild our military strength. Not much difference in outcomes between him and Biden. Both blew the budget/deficit out of the water, both kicked all the hard choices down the road, both thoroughly alienated the other 50% of the electorate.

Who is this we you speak of? Who would you pick that wanted the job for 24?

TL;DR... but I sure wish the vocal Republican haters here would at least give some thought to hating on the DimocRAT party as least as much as they hate on the Republican party. 🤔

We live in very strange times when the entrenched majority political party trying their hardest to take away our rights and liberties and destroy America by any means possible is given a pass just because some RINOs didn't vote the way they wanted on a f'ing budget bill. :mad:

TL;DR... but I sure wish the vocal Republican haters here would at least give some thought to hating on the DimocRAT party as least as much as they hate on the Republican party. 🤔

We live in very strange times when the entrenched majority political party trying their hardest to take away our rights and liberties and destroy America by any means possible is given a pass just because some RINOs didn't vote the way they wanted on a f'ing budget bill. :mad:
Traitors are always hated more than the enemy.

You're making a logical fallacy when you assume that just because someone dislikes the GOP, they must be in favor of the Democrats. That's FAR from the case.

The Democrats are doing what they're expected to do. They're voting as they say they're going to vote. The Republicans claim they're in favor of one thing, then vote the other way.

Which is more worthy of being called out?

You're making a logical fallacy when you assume that just because someone dislikes the GOP, they must be in favor of the Democrats. That's FAR from the case.

The Democrats are doing what they're expected to do. They're voting as they say they're going to vote. The Republicans claim they're in favor of one thing, then vote the other way.

Yes. Also, the simple fact of the matter is that Republican reps not voting our way on budget bills is in and of itself ENABLING the destruction of our rights and liberties.

Except we're stuck with this f***ed up system where the people who are adversely effected by term limits are the same ones we're dependent on to vote for term limits. It'll never happen until and unless it somehow benefits the Left, and even then you'll have a shitload of Republicans who will vote for it.
This is really the only realistic way to impose term limits on Congress:

That's an easy question to answer if you are not a closet DimocRAT. 🤔 The ones openly doing everything they can possibly do to destroy America are the pure evil ones. [slap]

Last edited:

Not true.

It's just not clear what the Rs are thinking. Ok, they don't have a strong margin on the house (and getting weaker) but no matter what happens they are getting blamed by the media for everything (e.g shutdown).

So why not push for an actual deal or even pass a bill in the house that avoids shutdown and dare the Dems to take responsibility?

Just doesn't add up much like the recent "random" retirements.

Who is this we you speak of? Who would you pick that wanted the job for 24?
Sorry for delay. Ice storm whacked our power and internet….

“We” is the electorate/voting public.

I’d take Haley vs. Newsom (or any democrat). I think she would run the table on any of them. And drag more sane/quality Senators and Representatives on her coattails/petticoats.

Trump is a time bomb of legal and electoral hot mess. I hope he wins.

Sorry for delay. Ice storm whacked our power and internet….

“We” is the electorate/voting public.

I’d take Haley vs. Newsom (or any democrat). I think she would run the table on any of them. And drag more sane/quality Senators and Representatives on her coattails/petticoats.

Trump is a time bomb of legal and electoral hot mess. I hope he wins.
After these scum bags passed a 1.2T budget we’re f***ed. Totally f***ed.
Nobody cares.
We don’t have kids but most others are screwed and they obviously DGAF.
These cocksuckers didn’t put a penny on border protection yet passed Red Flag funding.
Let that sink in.

After these scum bags passed a 1.2T budget we’re f***ed. Totally f***ed.
Nobody cares.
We don’t have kids but most others are screwed and they obviously DGAF.
These cocksuckers didn’t put a penny on border protection yet passed Red Flag funding.
Let that sink in.
I agree with you on the $$. That and national defense are all I care about from the feds. The rest is noise.

The budget crap will take care of itself one way or another. In 30 years when almost all boomers are dead and no longer sucking the assorted social welfare teats, the money will be fine.

At some point before then, we’ll need to make changes to social security, Medicare and Medicaid. We have not had the stones to ask high earners to pay more, cut granny’s social security or throw gramps out of the nursing home.

Regan was the last republican president to do anything about it. Slick Willy and Newt left balanced budget. Everything since then has expanded the social welfare state to buy votes. Like I said, it will all work out in 39 years or so.

I have felt this way about both parties for a while now. The Republican's have betrayed me over and over the Dems have always told that they are my enemy with regard to policy and lately just plain enemy. Betrayal is far worse. Your analysis is spot on here. The answer to your rhetorical question is a resounding, "The Republicans."

Definitely favorite newspaper of the guys of any age who want to make money sending US jobs to third world hell holes. Also favorite of guys wanting to bring third world workers right HERE.
Not my world. I head up North American sales for a large multi-national food company. The only thing we have outsourced is some back office administration to India (they suck).

Like many other companies, we struggle to hire enough qualified people in many functions, especially plant operations. Pay for managers to janitors has exploded. I’m sure our plant managers would love to hire illegals- they work hard. That’s too big a risk for a large ($66B) public company. Hiring for white collar work is a little easier but still tough.

I read the journal every day for balanced business news. They run $.50 per week specials every now and then. Try it.

Back
Top Bottom