Chris Costa training MA LEOs

I can't excuse the zombie stuff... or No Easy Day... I can say that the action figure thing was a joke, and he makes fun of himself about it. I don't know if the guy has fired shots in anger, kicked in doors, or has bodies on his magazines. I don't care. What I do know, is that he's technically really good, and has the ability to impart that knowledge in layered drills and commentary that makes sense. There are plenty of guys who are great at shooting, but you wouldn't want to sit through a class with them.

Being a great teacher is a completely different skillset imo.

The wannabe cop videos and zombie shit is just self promoting and marketing. It is dorky, but all of those videos have a ton of views on youtube and every ninja swinging from his nuts is on the forums asking what kind of chest rig he wears and what kind of glasses will make them as dynamic as he is. Never mind name recognition, I am sure he gets a cut from what ever mfger's send him gear to wear in these free advertisement clips.

Personally, I would love to take one of his classes and have a beer with him afterwards, I bet it is a laugh riot.

Last edited:
A good friend and co worker took this class and said it was awesome. His training I'm told is very good. Many cool drills were learned and the dynamics of the training I was told was great. All the LEOS there were def not your shoot twice a year guys

Don't forget the tactical beard. [wink]

Some of us... Well, I guess only me, still has their tactical beard they grew prior to that class.

I was impressed by the class. Good group of guys, Costa was very approachable and we did a lot of ball busting for the 3 days.

As Roland said, nobody meat gazed anyone's gear. Nobody cares if someone had Pmags or collapsible stocks. I'd definitely take a class with Costa again. I learned a lot and he was a great teacher. I'm far from an operator, so it was eye opening.

My next goal is to get out to UT to take a Ron Avery class. I like his take on defensive shooting and body mechanics.

All his handgun classes sold out very quick. Carbine and vehicle are the only open classes left for Maine.

Back
Top Bottom