Clubs NOT run by Fudds

I'm a member of Marlborough Fish and Game and it is fudd free.
If you are talking about the Marlborough Ma. club then that club is the definition of FUDD. No more then five shots, no rappid fire. They even banned gun hunting on club property this year because a couple members pissed off the bar crowd. They cater to what makes the club money and that is the bar.

Last edited:
fairview sportsmans club in granby ma. commonsense rules for the most part. no one looking over your shoulder watching you shoot. good club.

North Grafton isn't too Fudd. I don't think anyone on the BOD hunts. It's paper targets only and the cameras looking over your shoulder are overkill. They do some interesting shoots over the course of the year... Bowling pin, running felon, running deer, 150yd steel plate etc. Membership is capped and last I knew there was a waiting list.

Cameras? seriously? Are they wired into the yuppie houses on Stow Rd that cried about the noise when they built houses near a range? Im on the waiting list, looking like not happening this year. I was a member under my dad back in the early 90's, first time using a chainsaw ever was clearing woods for expanded parking at the range. I used to love the running deer shoots and bowling pin shoots.

The club I currently belong to is a long haul for me but I rarely ever run into anyone at the range, its very peaceful to shoot with no distractions. It kills me in diesel to get out there but it has its advantages.

I'd have to say Nashua Fish and Game leans towards the Fuddish side. Also, it seems like they have a new rule every month. The cameras everywhere are a bit creepy too.

Total fudds. I let my membership lapse because I didn't ever want to go. I got a look of sheer horror when I suggested three-gun on the action range.

Woburn Sportsman Association located at 155 Middlesex Turnpike Bedford, MA 01730
I have found to be very safety conscious but not FUDD. 200 yard outdoor range needs to take an additional written exam to use. 100 yard blackpowder range. Trap range that can be lit at night and used with personnel throwers. 25/50 yard outdoor pistol range only shooting at 25 right now. Very nice indoor 50ft indoor pistol range. Nice indoor archery range as well as 2 walking archery course and an outdoor archery range. club members are asked to only load 10 rounds per magazine but other than that very good attitude and good membership participation in club activities.

It was quite fuddly when I was there in the late 90's. The one-shot, press-the-bullet-between-shots rifle guys rule. Full auto is more than one shot a minute.

Every club has a FUDD faction in it....even the club I belong to does. Unavoidable...a fact of life. Finding a club that is not run by the FUDD faction isn't too hard though....just read over the range/club rules. They'll tell you everything you need to know. If you're not sure about some rule, ask the club's BOD about it. If they are FUDDs the answer won't make any logical sense at all.

We really should try harder to convert the FUDDs in our midst to a broader range of thought process when it comes to firearms, 2A, etc. I know it is a difficult thing to do as most FUDDs have a brain made of cement and most FUDDs don't even know that they are FUDDs, but we should still try harder because FUDDs are more dangerous to the 2nd Ammendment than an Anti with a blank check.

Just my 2 cents.

Holbrook Sportsmens Club is a real good club with alot of great people and a lot of things to do.

I don't disagree with this statement, but the club is still run by FUDDs. I'll never sell ammo to the club again nor will I knowingly sell ammo to a member of this club again. I'll never do another event at the club as I'll never set foot on that club's property again. I don't like FUDDs. The membership needs to fix things...if they can, its all good. If not, I may lose a few customers and thats too bad, but thats just the way it is.

I don't disagree with this statement, but the club is still run by FUDDs. I'll never sell ammo to the club again nor will I knowingly sell ammo to a member of this club again. I'll never do another event at the club as I'll never set foot on that club's property again. I don't like FUDDs. The membership needs to fix things...if they can, its all good. If not, I may lose a few customers and thats too bad, but thats just the way it is.

Wow. Is there a story there?

Wow. Is there a story there?

Not really. Q just doesn't hold with FUDDs publicly crapping all over a good friend of his while his friend was trying to set up/organize a shoot there. I don't have a lot of friends. So yeah, I hold a grudge.....and like I said before, I don't like FUDDs. Period.

I am a member, as Daddy said, great facilities, four open pits (action ranges) where drawing from holster is specifically allowed. 600ac, trap, IDPA, archery, 200M silhouette range (which you have to qualify for). $190/yr, $40 work fee for 1st yr only (work it off once, done) $100 initiation fee.

And it's 8 minutes from my house!

I am looking to join Pelham. I have a meeting with them on the 9th. The facilities look great !!!

Really? I got yelled at when I "went rapid" on the pistol range. I didn't wait one second between shots. I got yelled at for having more than 6 rounds in my hicap mag. There was a lot of yelling. Of course, I was more of a trap shooter and bolt-action rifle guy back then, so I got a lot of that done.

Once I got a load of HSC, I never looked back.

Really? I got yelled at when I "went rapid" on the pistol range. I didn't wait one second between shots. I got yelled at for having more than 6 rounds in my hicap mag. There was a lot of yelling. Of course, I was more of a trap shooter and bolt-action rifle guy back then, so I got a lot of that done.

Once I got a load of HSC, I never looked back.

Andew, which post are you replying to? And during what time frame was this experience?

Thanks

Everything you just said was not true.

To Andrew,

Not saying that was not your experience in the late 90s. Just saying that while safety is highly stressed I have to agree with my original post and with mike01824. With CMP matches, Boston Pistol League, running deer competition, the black powder guys, highly active trap activity, huge junior archery program I just do not see a Fudd attitude present.

Probably kind of far from the OP, but Franklin County Sportman's Club (www.fclsc.org) in Deerfield MA is awesome; few stupid rules, three pistol ranges (one of which has permanent steel plate targets installed) and 100/200yd rifle range, plus a bunch of trap fields, an archery range, and an indoor range open 24/7...tough to beat in this area for facilities. Only crappy things are that Vermont Yankee security takes over the rifle range several weeks a year for "training" and that guests aren't supposed to bring their own guns (yeah, like that's gonna happen) and you can't bring more than one guest at a time. Otherwise great, especially for those of us who work weird hours, almost no one there during normal working hours to bother you, and almost everyone I've encountered has been wicked cool, including one guy who let me shoot about 70 bucks worth of .50BMG rounds and refused to accept any repayment because "everyone should get to shoot a Barrett"

Where is that rule? I read them online and didn't see anything about guests nto bringing their own guns.

When VY takes the range, its the rifle range and one pistol range. The other pistol ranges and indoor range are still open to members. The $ they bring in is a major bonus to the club, so I can live with the limited time they pay to rent the range for training.

Cape Ann...Full of FUDDS.

Thanks for the heads up. That was on my shortlist. I guess my shortlist, just got even shorter.

Cheers

First, I do not argue or debate so please don't take it that way. In fact, there may be FUDDs at CASC, no argument. But, last Saturday, 14 of us CASC members gathered at the club in the morning, drew up signs, and traveled on the commuter rail as a GROUP to the rally at the state house. Not ONE of us believes that the 2A was written to allow us to hunt or target shoot, or meant muskets only. There are many others there who could not attend as well.

Just wanted to provide a response. Don't be hesitant to come up and look around.

Mark

First, I do not argue or debate so please don't take it that way. In fact, there may be FUDDs at CASC, no argument. But, last Saturday, 14 of us CASC members gathered at the club in the morning, drew up signs, and traveled on the commuter rail as a GROUP to the rally at the state house. Not ONE of us believes that the 2A was written to allow us to hunt or target shoot, or meant muskets only. There are many others there who could not attend as well.

Just wanted to provide a response. Don't be hesitant to come up and look around.

Mark
Thanks for taking the time to share this. The ole "actions speak louder than words" is obviously well represented here. I'll make sure to visit CASC in the coming weeks. Cheers!

I already saw it said countless times but had to chime in. Hopkinton is ideal. I am moving further away next month but plan to keep my membership. was there yesterday and it was packed and there were no issues and everyone shooting a wide range of rifles/distances and having a good time

I already saw it said countless times but had to chime in. Hopkinton is ideal. I am moving further away next month but plan to keep my membership. was there yesterday and it was packed and there were no issues and everyone shooting a wide range of rifles/distances and having a good time

Hopkinton is a great club. Been a member there for a few months, come join us for trap on Sunday Mornings.

Hopkinton is a great club. Been a member there for a few months, come join us for trap on Sunday Mornings.
almost did yesterday but slept in a little too late [laugh]

me and my girlfriend will likely be by on sunday for some skeet since shotgun shells are the only ammo I can find anyways

Thanks for taking the time to share this. The ole "actions speak louder than words" is obviously well represented here. I'll make sure to visit CASC in the coming weeks. Cheers!

I'm a member at casc also and the club is full of great people anytime you want to check it out just hit me up ill show you around . I have never seen a sign of any "fudds" there but with anything there could be a bad apple somewhere

Holbrook seems great so far. Been a member for ~6 months or so. Always lots of black rifles at the 100 yard range. Saw a bunch of members at the rally on Saturday. If I recall there is a 5-round limit mentioned in the rules if you look online, but I called when I was researching clubs and they said they got rid of that a while ago. No RSO's. Some people are perhaps a bit overzealous about safety things, but it's all good and necessary because it only takes 1 idiot to **** it up for everyone else.

I became a member at HSA on Monday. Sounds like I picked the right place ! I Cant wait to get my card.

Back
Top Bottom