Clubs that do not require (or preferably do not even recommend) NRA membership?

hey new to the forum, etc.

I have come to the conclusion that the NRA does not serve my best interests (please see http://www.lewrockwell.com/gaddy/gaddy43.html).

Are there any clubs in Eastern MA that do not require, or preferably do not even recommend, NRA membership? Any that acknowledge that the Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/), is the "only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington"?

I know that HSC will not accept GOA membership as a substitute
Thanks

Last edited:
NRA membership does have its uses... you need it if you want to buy ArmsCare Plus insurance for your guns.

WSC doesn't require NRA membership, didn't even ask for the number when I joined.

There are clubs with no requirements. Not hard to find.

I'm in one that requires NRA and one that doesn't require anything.

Anyone can write crappy articles.

Ron Paul had as much chance of becoming president as Fidel Castro.

McCain wasn't the best Republican choice on guns, but he won the primary.

NRA giving money to Ron Paul would be as effective as handing out refrigerators to people living in igloos.

Anyone can join GOA. Push GOA, I belong to it too, but you can't stop NRA or say they aren't pushing the ball forward.

Clubs that require NRA or GOAL membership have a heightened purpose. But good luck with a club not requiring any membership as they probably won't listen to you while they worrry about themselves. They generally won't want to hear about NRA vs GOA and won't care. But you'll find more members that want to talk to you about the great work Obama has planned.

Dana

hey new to the forum, etc.

I have come to the conclusion that the NRA does not serve my best interests (please see http://www.lewrockwell.com/gaddy/gaddy43.html).

Are there any clubs in Eastern MA that do not require, or preferably do not even recommend, NRA membership? Any that acknowledge that the Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/), is the "only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington"?

I know that HSC will not accept GOA membership as a substitute
Thanks

How about trying the DNC?[smile]

If the NRA was half as good at lobbying as they are at marketing, no one on this forum would have a single worry about gun rights. It's quite obvious from the junk mail from them in my mailbox where their real focus lies. It's in trying to sell me insurance (heath, life, auto, you name it), rental cars, "Lifelock", credit cards, wine ("NRA wines defend second amendment rights"), and countless more junk.

So why am I a member? I don't know, nostalgia maybe? Hope?

I did not have to show anything when I joined Andover. But that could have changed in the last 5 years.

As for Gun owners groups, I'm a firm believer that if you live in MA and are a gun owner than you should, and I repeat should become a member of GOAL. As for the NRA I'm a member, yes they send junk mail, but I feel their message in whole is they are looking out for our rights as lawful gun owners. Do as you wish but at least join GOAL if you are not already a member.

You would need an NRA membership to ever shoot a registered match. The NRA certifies instructors, donates to and strongly supports juniors programs, lobbies in Washington as well as locally, is involved in NCAA, ROTC, BSA and other types of competitive shooting sports, helps with range engineering and certifications, ect. Does GOA do any of that? So the NRA sends you a couple of mailings a year, so what. Throw it away if you don't want it. Do you slam girl scouts for marketing cookies? It's called fund raising guys. The NRA needs money for all it's activities. A lot of money. Get over it and support them. Support the GOA JPFO SAS GOAL Pink Pistols and everyone else that supports your rights. I wouldn't belong to a club that wouldn't support the NRA. Some people, sheeeeeeeesh.

Get over it and support them. Support the GOA JPFO SAS GOAL Pink Pistols and everyone else that supports your rights. I wouldn't belong to a club that wouldn't support the NRA. Some people, sheeeeeeeesh.

Sweet, a lecture and demands about who to support from someone who can't even be bothered to support NES, where he is posting. Yeah, some people, sheeeeeeeeesh.

You could donate a brick of .22lr to the Second Amendment Sisters or a local juniors group if you need ideas. You don't really have to join anything, you already support the groups you want to, right?
I've heard all the arguments about the NRA and though they sometimes support questionable positions, we really have no organization that is the equal. There are lots of groups that do great work and are worthy of support, this site included. But no other lobby has the voice of 4 million paying members and perhaps 25 million philosophical sympathizers. And even with that we get hosed by politicians of both parties.
My rambling on has the point of this: what did the Aussies, Brits and Canucks lack when the Gov't decided to outlaw virtually all firearms and any form of self defense? A strong national organization. We have the NRA to bind us together. It's far from perfect but it is what we have. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

We need a national voice. Even if that voice is the NRA. Every gun owner should be a NRA member. Of course, that's not to say you shouldn't also belong to GOAL or another state group.

GOA

I have no bone to pick with GOA but what has it actually done.did it bring NO
to court is it involved in Chicago,or in state of wash. how about san fran.the NRA and SAF are.has it 4 mill members or is it 600,000.as for RON PAUL he had two things going for him,SA and imigration.after that it was all down hill.
most people who bash the NRA dont have a clue what it does and what it needs.I have been in the NRA since 1939 and GOAL since it started in1975?
I have enuf intrest in both to know what they can and cannot do.one thing they cant do is get a bunch of gun owners to stick together and beat the polititions.where went the 1,500,000 licensed gun owners,now 260,000.dont tell me that some of you did not vote democrate.because the numbers don't
add up.[sad2] [frown]

Are there any clubs in Eastern MA that do not require, or preferably do not even recommend, NRA membership?

Near me, both Mass Rifle association and Woburn Sportsmen's Association are nice places and don't require NRA membership. (Reading Rifle does, though they have an "if not a member, why not?" box on their form, so maybe there's wiggle room there. Harvard Sportsmen's does, and I believe there's no wiggle room at all.)

I disagree with your NRA stance (while I have complaints, I am a member), though I think people should join the organization on its merits, not because they're forced to. (I've been part of several internal debates about whether to require membership, and am fairly conflicted about it all.)

cause the RNC was too liberal for GOA

shemdogg

With 4 posts, starting this month, all in the same thread, anti-NRA, why don't you just go to another forum and post there? You obviously have not added anything to this one, and maybe the next forum would even enjoy your negative approach. I've just wasted more of my time than your posts were worth. <eom>

shemdogg

With 4 posts, starting this month, all in the same thread, anti-NRA, why don't you just go to another forum and post there? You obviously have not added anything to this one, and maybe the next forum would even enjoy your negative approach. I've just wasted more of my time than your posts were worth. <eom>

Who gives a shit if he doesn't agree/like/support the NRA? They ARE obnoxious. Who the hell judges a guy from his post count anyway? Seriously, are you f***ing kidding me?

Who gives a shit if he doesn't agree/like/support the NRA? They ARE obnoxious. Who the hell judges a guy from his post count anyway? Seriously, are you f***ing kidding me?

[laugh2] As is your response. And he needs a defender?

Back
Top Bottom