CMP M1 Carbines

****UPDATE****
Right from Mark Johnson's mouth on the CMP forums:

Mail orders... We will randomly pick and process from 1 Feb. stack of orders. We received over 5000 orders for a little more than 1000 Carbines on hand. We hope to receive close to a 1000 more in the next week or so. We will process orders for the first 1000 or so on hand Carbines and then fill back orders with the 1000 or so that are on the way to us now... The 1000 or so on the way to us now are from Army inventory.

Last edited by a moderator:
****UPDATE****
Right from Mark Johnson's mouth on the CMP forums:

Mail orders... We will randomly pick and process from 1 Feb. stack of orders. We received over 5000 orders for a little more than 1000 Carbines on hand. We hope to receive close to a 1000 more in the next week or so. We will process orders for the first 1000 or so on hand Carbines and then fill back orders with the 1000 or so that are on the way to us now... The 1000 or so on the way to us now are from Army inventory.

see what sucks is this was my response from my question for this very thing

Forum Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
If I dont make the cut on a M1 carbine can note on my order I will take as M1 Garand field grade instead ?

Yes

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=183424

see what sucks is this was my response from my question for this very thing

Forum Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
If I dont make the cut on a M1 carbine can note on my order I will take as M1 Garand field grade instead ?

Yes

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=183424

Note: The responses you received were NOT from CMP but from other users on the forum. Just like you get wrong answers here all the time too.

Note: The responses you received were NOT from CMP but from other users on the forum. Just like you get wrong answers here all the time too.

All the the ghost might not be on the cmp board he does work for the cmp.
I don't take much of anything said until I hear that pleasant voice on the phone with that deep accent.
Hello I'm calling about your Rye Full.....love that.

CMP is not very good at updating their website.
They still list service grade M1s from 2-4 weeks yet there's orders still waiting one DBU after 30 days.

I waited any where from 17 days to over a year for rifles from the cmp.

did anyone really think they had much more than 1000? I was kinda surprised to hear they had that many with 1000 more on the way.

I sent my order priority mail from Cranston RI on Friday morning for a Monday delivery. delivered today Tuesday..... looks like I got screwed by the post office this time.

did anyone really think they had much more than 1000? I was kinda surprised to hear they had that many with 1000 more on the way.

I'm fairly new to CMP stuff and realized they said "limited number" so I assumed it couldn't be all that many. Couldnt put a number on it though.

I do think they have more than that. They said there where no more carbines after the last batch yet they turn up regularly on the cmp auction. I don't think CMP has the same arsenal capacity as they do with the garands though.
They are basically building M1s with all the spare parts and cherry picking everything else for the auction sight.

Also making a statement "one per customer per year" is a odd statement in my mind. If they only had 1000 I think they would just continue to list them on the cmp auction ?

other things I notice is that CMP says no more SG M1s available yet they post SA SG on the auction often. http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail.asp?id=3368&n=M1-Garand-SA-6093560

along with others. CMP can do what they wish and I will take advantage of anything I think is a deal when it comes along

Last edited:
.................... We will randomly pick and process from 1 Feb. stack of orders. We received over 5000 orders for a little more than 1000 Carbines on hand. We hope to receive close to a 1000 more in the next week or so. We will process orders for the first 1000 or so on hand Carbines and then fill back orders with the 1000 or so that are on the way to us now... The 1000 or so on the way to us now are from Army inventory.

Here is the official information on the M1 Carbines.

They are running out of the surplus firearms and are trying to come up with some way to continue. I can see them going the way of a retail store just to stay in business.

This has been orests dream for some time. He often mentioned the end of the surplus mail order would be a great day for him.

Cmp is well on it's way of being a retail business. Estore has expanded a bit in the past few years. Creedmoor is right there and the shooting park.

I think Cmp has a huge cash reserve also in escrow.
Soon enough the Cmp will sell any remaining surplus on the Cmp auction site only

image.jpg

Did anyone else receive this email yesterday?
My order was sent Saturday and received on Monday. I already was on the CMP email list.

wooooooooot! found my receipt from the post office and my priority mail order sent out Friday was received Monday at 9:43am at the CMP.

looks like I might be in the pink if they decide to do the orders by time received!

i've never even shot an M1 Carbine, but i hear they're a hoot. i went against my 'no more calibers' in the safe rule, but it's not like I have to answer to anyone but myself at this point...and i'm pretty lenient when it comes to me breaking my own rules (especially when it comes to firearms related purchases.)

i've never even shot an M1 Carbine, but i hear they're a hoot. i went against my 'no more calibers' in the safe rule, but it's not like I have to answer to anyone but myself at this point...and i'm pretty lenient when it comes to me breaking my own rules (especially when it comes to firearms related purchases.)

[laugh] Nice. I hope all of us NESers can get our hands on one...

wooooooooot! found my receipt from the post office and my priority mail order sent out Friday was received Monday at 9:43am at the CMP.

looks like I might be in the pink if they decide to do the orders by time received!

I guess you didn't read their policies or Mark's reply to that on the CMP forum.

23 tubs of US Mail arrived at one time, so no way to assign "times" to incoming orders. Their policy is that all the day's Mail/UPS/FedEx gets dumped together and treated the same. So that which arrived at 0800 or at 1700 hrs on Monday all have an equal chance of success. That is less than 20% chance now and if they get the next ~1000 they hope for, our odds go up to less than 40%. That's why I spent only $0.71 to Mail my order instead of $6.25 to $70.00 that many others did.

i DID read the policy, but not 18 pages of thread. i was just thinking that MAYBE in this case they may have made an exception to the rule due to the significant amount of orders received. i guess not. anyway, thanks for the info even though your tact might need a little fine tuning! :D

j/k Len.

-Mike

I guess you didn't read their policies or Mark's reply to that on the CMP forum.

23 tubs of US Mail arrived at one time, so no way to assign "times" to incoming orders. Their policy is that all the day's Mail/UPS/FedEx gets dumped together and treated the same. So that which arrived at 0800 or at 1700 hrs on Monday all have an equal chance of success. That is less than 20% chance now and if they get the next ~1000 they hope for, our odds go up to less than 40%. That's why I spent only $0.71 to Mail my order instead of $6.25 to $70.00 that many others did.

I like to know what they get on a average monday morning.
The 71 cents you spent are you even sure it got there monday/tuesday/wednesday ? Could be possible you spent 71 cents on 0% odds ? Heck we live 4 minutes from the in laws and my wife mailed her annual B card to her father last monday.....took 4 days to get there.

I like to know what they get on a average monday morning.
The 71 cents you spent are you even sure it got there monday/tuesday/wednesday ? Could be possible you spent 71 cents on 0% odds ? Heck we live 4 minutes from the in laws and my wife mailed her annual B card to her father last monday.....took 4 days to get there.

I can only say that Mail to/from my town seems very timely vs. postmark dates.

There is a tricky way to verify that they got it (without calling them), the procedure was laid out in the CMP forum. I tried it and it therefore verified that they had received my order, opened it and updated my eligibility status online.

That still only gives me a <20-<40% chance of getting one and I'm not worried either way. I won't live or die by being picked vs. losing out on a M1 Carbine. I already own one (imported, not CMP), which my Wife enjoys shooting so one each would be nice but not required.

NOTE: I've experienced major screw-ups with UPS/FedEx overnight deliveries in the past. My track record with USPO is better than the more expensive spreads.

I can only say that Mail to/from my town seems very timely vs. postmark dates.

There is a tricky way to verify that they got it (without calling them), the procedure was laid out in the CMP forum. I tried it and it therefore verified that they had received my order, opened it and updated my eligibility status online.

That still only gives me a <20-<40% chance of getting one and I'm not worried either way. I won't live or die by being picked vs. losing out on a M1 Carbine. I already own one (imported, not CMP), which my Wife enjoys shooting so one each would be nice but not required.

NOTE: I've experienced major screw-ups with UPS/FedEx overnight deliveries in the past. My track record with USPO is better than the more expensive spreads.

its all fun.....we all have our moments so far USPS is the only ones that lost a gun on me!

its all fun.....we all have our moments so far USPS is the only ones that lost a gun on me!

Never used USPS for shipment of guns but would definitely only do that with tracking.

FedEx tried to steal one of my CMP M1s by cutting all but 2 bands of fiberglass tape around the box. They have also mis-delivered too many packages (usually legal papers to serve) sent to me overnight delivery. I've had discussion and correspondence with their corporate executive office and the manager of the local FedEx depot . . . all to no avail.

Looks like I'm SOL...Mailed out my package Saturday morning, 2 day Priority...Still not there!!
The tracking status still says "expected delivery Monday Feb. 1

Back
Top Bottom