• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP M1 Carbines

One a year, but for a guy who didn't expect cmp to carry them again and at a good shooters price, with cmp always good about issues, had a op spring in a garand arrive broken, replaced right away. I'm excited. Will put off another purchase for this but that's fine by me. Any difference than garand paperwork since it has detachable mags?

I'd be all over it, but I do have 2 now: one as issued IBM 4/44, and a CMP service grade 2/43 Winchester shooter. The main reason is that I have one more surprise to post for January, then I am shut down by the B.O.W. (bank of wife) until further notice. Perhaps the ban will be lifted for my Birthday in June, but by then, I'll probably be on the back order list.

T

Just read the email, this has been on the list for a long time. My Dad drove a truck in the artillary in Patton's 3rd Army and was issued one. One question for you mil surp experts. Are the magazines hard to find?

It's been two years since I last ordered; I can't find the form to fill out on the web site. Can someone point it out?

Just in Case...

T

Found it.

Last edited:
Just read the email, this has been on the list for a long time. My Dad drove a truck in the artillary in Patton's 3rd Army and was issued one. One question for you mil surp experts. Are the magazines hard to find?

not hard to find, you just need to make sure they are vintage since they are still manufactured and they start at 15 rounds and any post 1994 manufactured ones would be a felony here.

Isn't there the caveat that you can order with a simplified form if you're already member and your paperwork is in order?

T

Reading the form, it seems now that you have to do the whole thing, every time.

Last edited:
I can see some NES horse trading happening here. If (1) I can swing it, and (2) I get a Winchester or IBM, I can see trading for an Inland, Quality Hardware, Saginaw, Standard Product, or Underwood.

T

You need to fill out the same order form as,let my as your club affiliation is up to par and you have a current notary....I just just get a notary on every order.

I'm still torn if I should order one or not.

Get it out Friday and it should be there Monday. Best chance is to over night it. Something tells me if they are saying 1 per year they might have more than say the IHCs offered up while back.

I can see some NES horse trading happening here. If (1) I can swing it, and (2) I get a Winchester or IBM, I can see trading for an Inland, Quality Hardware, Saginaw, Standard Product, or Underwood.

T

I'd be down for that if I get an Inland

I'm guessing cmp took a good long look through the carbine inventory and really cherry picked them.
Putting the most desirable on the cmp auction. Which has had a steady supply of carbines over the years run through it.
I like the price and is only 50$ more(? Memory) than the service grade I got when they "ran out" few years ago.

Last edited:
I'm member #255578 (since 2011), so either they have a quarter million in stock or the wait list starts somewhat earlier.

T

I'm doubting there are 255,000 actual cmp "members" ? Could be wrong.
I think CMP has a good idea of how many people would buy and figure spread it out as evenly as,possible.
I also believe this is part of the plan to eventually end all surplus mail order sales that Orest so often posted about. Could just be a bum rush to come up with some cash for the 1911 project.?
I might just pick one up for the fun of it. If I get anything but a inland that's one more I didn't have.

If I could pick: (1) a better Winchester than I have, (2) Quality Hardware, (3) Saginaw, (4) Standard Product, (5) Inland, or (6) Underwood. I can't find my RWVA membership card, so I've emailed for proof. I'm thinking of sending it tomorrow (pending) and hoping for a 2-month delay or so in order to call it my Birthday present.

T

I've got an Inland but debating if I should order one just to see what I get then decide which one to keep....

Last edited:
I'm not into the carbines, so here's one CMP guy getting out of your way. Good luck to anyone going for it & please post pics!

BTW, I'm not bidding on the XM-3 either, so it's all yours. [rofl]

I'd be all over it, but I do have 2 now:.....................

T

That's just silly. If you don't buy a 3rd one, How can you get 4?

The price is too reasonable to pass up. Too bad I'm not going to get a manufacturer I don't already have. I'd bet most going out will be Inlands.

My order went out today. If I get one, Great. If not it's ok because I already have some.

Back
Top Bottom