CMP received some surplus ammo set to be on sale soon,

Awesome. Need some 30 carbine and Garand food so will definitely follow this. Though I bet they put limits on it like they do with rifles now.
If interested. I can part with a can or two of either M1 or M2. I’ll post to classifieds later today.

I’m still waiting for one of you to buy the M2 ball I have in the classifieds. Available today and no shipping cost.
Definitely a fair price. You will not find 30-06 garand loads for less a buck per round anywhere.

My guess is there's too many skinflints on NES? But then again you can't be a skin flint to own and feed a Garand lol.

If interested. I can part with a can or two of either M1 or M2. I’ll post to classifieds later today.
I'd be interested in some carbine food, picked one up last week and the poor baby is starving

I'd be interested in some carbine food, picked one up last week and the poor baby is starving
Original GI M1 carbine or a replica?

I’m reloading it for about 15-20 cents a round. Small rifle primers are the easiest to find at 7 -8 cents, powder is 3 cents (H110) and projectile was 7 cents. Definitely a money saver reloading this round.

Original GI M1 carbine or a replica?

I’m reloading it for about 15-20 cents a round. Small rifle primers are the easiest to find at 7 -8 cents, powder is 3 cents (H110) and projectile was 7 cents. Definitely a money saver reloading this round.
I believe it was GI before going to the Bavarian Police. Manufactured in 1944 Rockola 621xxxx. "W" marked barrel, "SG" stamped on stock lug, Bavarian Police marked trigger housing. There are some additional stamps on the stock at the notch for the sling, some numbers with a later IR on top of them, and a very worn flaming bomb.

If anyone knows anything about this, please PM me, my knowledge on the M1 carbine is very limited.

What I need to get now is a trench gun.

Definitely a fair price. You will not find 30-06 garand loads for less a buck per round anywhere.

My guess is there's too many skinflints on NES? But then again you can't be a skin flint to own and feed a Garand lol.
skin flint maybe ? who knows maybe lots of people just dont want to pay $1 round for 50 year old ammo ? I like the wooden crate though.

If it was not a 2 hour round trip and $25 in gas I might bight just to get the crate....

Last weekend 🐰 Those 3 mags were most of my Remington ammo. Have 3 mags and 3 strippers left. Do have a bandolier of 52 LC.
t

Attachments

• 669C3762-5E9F-4F6B-B8BC-4ED7CDE2F2F2.jpeg
    669C3762-5E9F-4F6B-B8BC-4ED7CDE2F2F2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Speaking of ammo, maybe Mac 1911 can chime in: my 5.4 mil. S.A. M1 Garand shoots 2 MOA with Lake City NM ammo. I’ve “accurized” it as much as possible but still keeping “service issued” eligible for J.C. Garand competition: peened gas cylinder, free float front hand guard, etc. is this decent accuracy?

Speaking of ammo, maybe Mac 1911 can chime in: my 5.4 mil. S.A. M1 Garand shoots 2 MOA with Lake City NM ammo. I’ve “accurized” it as much as possible but still keeping “service issued” eligible for J.C. Garand competition: peened gas cylinder, free float front hand guard, etc. is this decent accuracy?
That is very good
This is how I look at it.
If you buy a service grade from cmp and you can keep your shots inside the black of SR target 6moa your doing ok
Clean it up , do all the tweaks for “as issued” you might sneak inder 4 moa maybe close to 3 moa , new barrel and stock and all legal tweaks you should creep just under 3 moa closer to 2moa Depends on ammo also. Below , This is all as issued with hxp

Ammo will play a roll in accuracy
A good barrel and a “snugged” up M1 will shoot well in my opinion any M1 short of a full match grade, heavy barrel bedded action that shoots 3 moa or better is a good rifle and a good shooting skills.

Keep in mind when the military reserves the best tested ammo for testing

View: https://youtu.be/6GwkPoNKqaI

View: https://youtu.be/jmiVuP_GXzA

View: https://youtu.be/b7Df5GS2Lps

Last edited:
A side note, 3moa is 10 ring on SR target used in cmp games.
The trick is getting that 3moa group in the 10 ring!

A side note, 3moa is 10 ring on SR target used in cmp games.
The trick is getting that 3moa group in the 10 ring!
Like this? That's M1 Garand bought at the CMP south store and drove to the marksmanship center, no cleaning , no tweaking, just a few rounds to sight it in. 200 yards all inside the 9. This may not be typical, it was hand selected by a CPM armorer, but it shows that good accuracy isn't difficult with a Garand.

1678632650861.png

This was bench so I'm not claiming any personal special skill on this. I imagine had I gone out further and/or there had been any wind, the group would have been larger.

Like this? That's M1 Garand bought at the CMP south store and drove to the marksmanship center, no cleaning , no tweaking, just a few rounds to sight it in. 200 yards all inside the 9. This may not be typical, it was hand selected by a CPM armorer, but it shows that good accuracy isn't difficult with a Garand.

View attachment 730960

This was bench so I'm not claiming any personal special skill on this. I imagine had I gone out further and/or there had been any wind, the group would have been larger.
Never know what your going to get , 6 moa it went out the door and Im going to gander during war time production they did small percentage batch testing.

View attachment 730960

[cheers]
Fantastic target for an M1 right out of the CMP box. That armorer may have known something about that rifle. What were the muzzle and throat wear measurements? I'd guess low but you never know. New CMP stock? Creedmoor .30-06 ammo? That's good stuff...

OCSA still owes me a gold medal from the M1 match last July. I shot a Springfield USMC rebuilt M1 more or less straight from the CMP excepting a clean and lube and scored 96-4X in slow prone and 98-5X in rapid. I had ordered a Field Grade and they called to ask me if I'd be interested in a Service Grade upgrade for $100. I said sure but would really appreciate USGI wood. That's what I got, so I was extra impressed how this shot in the vintage stock.

[cheers]
Fantastic target for an M1 right out of the CMP box. That armorer may have known something about that rifle. What were the muzzle and throat wear measurements? I'd guess low but you never know. New CMP stock? Creedmoor .30-06 ammo? That's good stuff...

OCSA still owes me a gold medal from the M1 match last July. I shot a Springfield USMC rebuilt M1 more or less straight from the CMP excepting a clean and lube and scored 96-4X in slow prone and 98-5X in rapid. I had ordered a Field Grade and they called to ask me if I'd be interested in a Service Grade upgrade for $100. I said sure but would really appreciate USGI wood. That's what I got, so I was extra impressed how this shot in the vintage stock.
Nothing new about it, I told them I drove all the way from NH to get an IH but none on the shelf. One of the armorers went out back and 20 minutes later came back with this, second from the right. You can see the stock is well worn but all the metal was great. I'd have to dig out the tag but I think it was 1+.1+. Actually shot better than the one with new parts. I just got really lucky.
1678657500552.png
When I was shooting that day and everything was just coming together, I kept saying just one more hour. I had to make the halfway back that night, 9 hours driving, to keep to my schedule. Next time I'm giving it 3 days at the range.

Nothing new about it, I told them I drove all the way from NH to get an IH but none on the shelf. One of the armorers went out back and 20 minutes later came back with this, second from the right. You can see the stock is well worn but all the metal was great. I'd have to dig out the tag but I think it was 1+.1+. Actually shot better than the one with new parts. I just got really lucky.
View attachment 731102
When I was shooting that day and everything was just coming together, I kept saying just one more hour. I had to make the halfway back that night, 9 hours driving, to keep to my schedule. Next time I'm giving it 3 days at the range.
Wow, that's awesome that an armorer grabbed one for you. I'd be willing to bet it's a LMR barrel, which I have on both my own IHC as well as on the USMC rebuild.

I highly encourage you to try some CMP matches and especially to get your butt on up to Camp Ethan Allen for the New England Games matches in September.

Wow, that's awesome that an armorer grabbed one for you. I'd be willing to bet it's a LMR barrel, which I have on both my own IHC as well as on the USMC rebuild.

I highly encourage you to try some CMP matches and especially to get your butt on up to Camp Ethan Allen for the New England Games matches in September.
Alass, I've had some pretty serious health issues these last couple years, don't think I'd do very well in competition, if I was able to do the sitting and standing at all. Too bad, I really enjoyed the competition aspect of shooting in the past. I'm still a decent shot, thinking of taking instructor courses, but a day with a heavy rifle isn't going to go well.

Still, maybe I go as a spectator, I can think of worse ways to spend some time.

Alass, I've had some pretty serious health issues these last couple years, don't think I'd do very well in competition, if I was able to do the sitting and standing at all. Too bad, I really enjoyed the competition aspect of shooting in the past. I'm still a decent shot, thinking of taking instructor courses, but a day with a heavy rifle isn't going to go well.

Still, maybe I go as a spectator, I can think of worse ways to spend some time.
Gotcha. Too bad Talladega is so far away. They have some M1 bench rest competitions that would work well for you.

View attachment 731102

Is that your 1917 Enfield next to the Garand?

I’m still waiting for one of you to buy the M2 ball I have in the classifieds. Available today and no shipping cost.
Bummed I miss this. Good price!

If anyone wants to part ways with LC or HXP M2 Ball, shoot me a PM. Looking to buy a couple of spam cans.

Bummed I miss this. Good price!

If anyone wants to part ways with LC or HXP M2 Ball, shoot me a PM. Looking to buy a couple of spam cans.
Where ya been? @M1911 had some for sale. Looks like it’s sold pending funds now.

Wasn’t there a post in this thread with details of ammo sales to CMP affiliated clubs? Where did I see that?
If your club is affiliated they should be on top of paper work and any ammo available through the cmp for clubs. Im sure cmp is going to limit clubs to what they show they use on a average.

Wasn’t there a post in this thread with details of ammo sales to CMP affiliated clubs? Where did I see that?
You can buy ammo direct from the CMP assuming all your paperwork is in order and you’re a member of a CMP affiliated club. GOAL is one of them.

I am well acquainted with buying from the CMP. What I was curious about is what happened to the post I saw somewhere which appeared to contain the text of an email from the CMP to affiliated clubs about the process to purchase the newly acquired surplus ammo.

I am well acquainted with buying from the CMP. What I was curious about is what happened to the post I saw somewhere which appeared to contain the text of an email from the CMP to affiliated clubs about the process to purchase the newly acquired surplus ammo.
Clubs probably got the same notice as everyone else. The cmp hurry up and wait notice

Back
Top Bottom