• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Collectors Guns, Stoneham, MA

I'm looking for a S&W 617 and they have one in stock for $750. This model is fairly expensive but I thought they were about $100 less. Is this the "going rate" or the "panic buying" rate?

I have no problem with them cahrging what they charge, in fact the MSRP for that pistol is $829.

Yea I've been searching for a deal on a used one for a while but there's no deals to be had. That's a fair price. If you hunt you might be able to save twenty dollars or so but nothing substantial.

Saw on their website that they had 5 Mossberg 590's.
Called on Thursday to confirm that they still had stock. "Yes, we have 590's".
Was there just after they opened today.
Nothing in stock.....
They didn't sell any today and no one could remember if they sold any yesterday.
Drove almost an hour for nothing.
On line inventory still shows 5.
Poor way to do business.

They actually posted on their site that it was far too busy to keep it updated. I'm surprised they took it down. It seems like anything that comes into a gun shop is going quickly!

Saw on their website that they had 5 Mossberg 590's.
Called on Thursday to confirm that they still had stock. "Yes, we have 590's".
Was there just after they opened today.
Nothing in stock.....
They didn't sell any today and no one could remember if they sold any yesterday.
Drove almost an hour for nothing.
On line inventory still shows 5.
Poor way to do business.

They actually posted on their site that it was far too busy to keep it updated. I'm surprised they took it down. It seems like anything that comes into a gun shop is going quickly!
Understood but that's why I called too. Won't make any more special trips to Collectors again unless I'm going to FS.

Stopped in after going to Four Seasons today. PIcked up some 45,357, and 38 special. No crowd. Looked at the wheel gun counter but did not see what I was looking for. Was in the market for a 3 screw Single Six convertible 4 4/8 barrel. Or even a 357 in 4 5/8.

Stopped in after going to Four Seasons today. PIcked up some 45,357, and 38 special. No crowd. Looked at the wheel gun counter but did not see what I was looking for. Was in the market for a 3 screw Single Six convertible 4 4/8 barrel. Or even a 357 in 4 5/8.

Same here. They had a pretty good stock of pistol calibers (9mm, 40SW, 357SIG, 45ACP). Guys behind the counter were polite.

Another pleasant buying experience at Collectors this morning. In, looked at the gun, made the buying decision, paperwork and NICS done, and gun bought in about 20 or so minutes.

Yes, I also bought a Revolver there last week. No problems at all. I don't think they were comfortable with mad rush earlier this year - neither was I. All is smooth as silk now.

Have bought here a few times. I keep checking their used revolvers as they always seem to get something interesting in. Always helpful and pleasant.

This is my downfall. "I'll just take a quick peek to see if they have any interesting 3rd generation S&W semi's." Of course if they do I HAVE NO CHOICE but to call them and ask them to hold it until I can get up to take a look. Once there, with the gun in my hand, the next question is "How much?". The rest, as they saying goes, is history.

Another flawless transaction, my 9mm Shield came in at a price lower than I expected. Didn't bring any 9mm ammo today and thankfully they had a box for me to try it out. What more can you ask for?

Chris

Second time in a row that I walked in there with no intention of buying anything (I'm almost never in the area so I do try to stop in here and FS when in that area) and walked out with a very nice acquisition and excellent treatment. This time it was a "non gun" (antique) . . . 1884 Trapdoor in .45-70

Second time in a row that I walked in there with no intention of buying anything (I'm almost never in the area so I do try to stop in here and FS when in that area) and walked out with a very nice acquisition and excellent treatment. This time it was a "non gun" (antique) . . . 1884 Trapdoor in .45-70

The last time I was there was to buy a 3913TSW. I was almost afraid to go upstairs to the loft while they were doing the paperwork because I'd probably find a MilSurp or something else I'd have to buy. I like the atmosphere there more than FS even though they don't have quite the selection sometimes.

I've yet to go to collectors, but I like that they actually update their website and seem to have plenty of .45 acp in stock, which depending on their price is always great to hear.

Limits on ammo sales but they did have reasonable quantities of most calibers and prices (considering today's market) were reasonable.

There's no state law requiring you show your LTC to handle a gun in a store, right? Just curious cause a couple times a store has asked to see my LTC before showing me something, and one of them was Collector's.

I suspect stores do it if they think you're a noob?

Their ammo seemed cheaper than Four Seasons, sort of halfway between FS and say, Riley's in NH.

Actually there is.

As soon as you pick it up you are in possession.

To be in possession you need a permit or be under the supervision of someone that has a permit

If you are under supervision of the store employee and turn out to be a felon, that person is committing a crime.

As a result, most every shop I have been in will ask to see your permit to handle a firearm.

Some times you get weird attitudes tho. Went there with my brother . He needed a lower parts kit and I saw it in the glass case they have of random parts.
"We don't have any"
Told him I was just looking at it in the case,
"Fine I'll open the case"

Guy just seemed like he didn't want to get up and walk . Just gave off this pissed off vibe .

Some times you get weird attitudes tho. Went there with my brother . He needed a lower parts kit and I saw it in the glass case they have of random parts.
"We don't have any"
Told him I was just looking at it in the case,
"Fine I'll open the case"

Guy just seemed like he didn't want to get up and walk . Just gave off this pissed off vibe .

I got the same vibe. And there was a regular customer there too, and he seemed to be getting the same attitude.

Showing LTC

I got the same vibe. And there was a regular customer there too, and he seemed to be getting the same attitude.

Every local shop I've been to has many Long Guns right out on the floor; anybody can handle them. Handguns are a different story.

Like most people, my LTC was in process for a long time. Naturally I wanted to figure out the Handgun I wished to buy when it arrived.

So I shopped at Four Seasons and Collectors, and remembered clearly that at Collectors there was a strict NO LTC- NO TOUCH policy on Handguns.

The policy annoyed me at first, but eventually I bought a couple of guns there, and was very pleased with the transactions. They'll even bargain a little if you're serious and they have room in the asking price.

I actually like the policy, and find it similar to the policy many Liquor Stores have in requiring everyone to show their Drivers License regardless of apparent age.

If it was LAW that everyone had to show a Drivers License to buy Alcohol, every time, many Illegal Aliens would be VERY disappointed. Maybe some would even go home ?

Jack's a good guy. Been in business a long long time. Super knowledgeable with antique firearms. You're not going to get welcoming smile and phony treatment. He doesn't care about pampering the asses of every customer that walks through the door.
You sit behind the counter for 30 years and deal day in and day out with all the idiots that walk through the door with their miss information and naïve tendencies and your attitude will change as well.
If you're knowledgeable and straight up with him he'll be very fair and helpful.

Back
Top Bottom