Collectors Guns, Stoneham, MA

I only live a couple of miles from Collectors. As a newbie, I had a fair amount of questions. I found the guys to be friendly and not condescending. The service was efficient and overall I'll return not just for the short ride but because I was treated well.

Another bump for CGG. Went there a couple weeks ago and grabbed
some nice preban USGI 30 rnd AR mags.

A nice selection of exempt handguns indeed, prices were a bit
high, but a lot of the guns were in excellent condition. There were
also a ton of interesting looking evil black rifles behind the counter, but
I didn't want to pester the salespeople into letting me fondle them if I
wasn't in the market. Staff seemed pretty helpful, too.

-Mike

collectors

i went there this week. browsed around for a few. two guys behind the counter couldnt be bothered with me. i had all cash burning a hole in my pocket. i was looking for a sig. i felt like i was bothering the the help by trying to buy something. ill bring my business elsewhere. i dont want to beg people to take hard earned money.....my 2 cents

i went there this week. browsed around for a few. two guys behind the counter couldnt be bothered with me. i had all cash burning a hole in my pocket. i was looking for a sig. i felt like i was bothering the the help by trying to buy something. ill bring my business elsewhere. i dont want to beg people to take hard earned money.....my 2 cents

Joey- did you try talking with them? I've found Jerry (I think that's his name) to be very nice and helpful. Jack.... I guess you got to get used to him, he's not very outwardly friendly... at least to me. Funny- you wouldn't think they want your business sometimes...

Last edited:
They pretty much leave you alone to browse, rather than hanging over you. However, I have always found them helpful and friendly if I asked a question or asked to see something.

In other words, they aren't proactive . . . trying to sell. But they treat you right if you approach them.

They are all great guys!!! I would not travel 160 miles rd trip to be handed a bunch of S#&t. When you talk to Jack you have to talk loud or look him in the face he is hard of hearing.

Fred

They pretty much leave you alone to browse, rather than hanging over you. However, I have always found them helpful and friendly if I asked a question or asked to see something.

In other words, they aren't proactive . . . trying to sell. But they treat you right if you approach them.

Exactely,that's why I like this shop.

I can walk in there and be the only customer,say hello to the guy and he won't bother me until I approach him.He is very helpfull if you have any questions.Last time I was there we were helping a guy dig his car keys from the gutter,apparently it wasn't the first time that has happened.

I dunno,it's the way I like to shop, for anything.

Yet another place I stopped into last week looking for a handgun. They had a pretty wide selection of handguns at very good prices. The staff were not the most helpful, a little surly maybe because it was lunchtime, but the person I dealt with at least asked if they could help me, indicated what they had in used 9mm handguns and brought out the ones I asked about. I didn't buy a gun there but did get some 5.56 ammo at a very good price.

Glad you found some 5.56 ammo there. Greg bought them out a short time ago. They either restocked or Greg needs glasses. I found Jack, Bill and Jerry to be very good but as the prior posts suggest, you need to approach them. Thanks.

Collectors'

I've bought powder, a scope and a PPK/S from Jack in the last six months. The latter was in 'as new' condition for $110 off retail.
Jack's a good guy, but not very talkative, and I can see how he may be read as being uninterested in your business. I don't believe that's the case - it's just his personality.
I'd heard good things about FS, so took a drive there (~1/2 hr.) one weekday in the early afternoon. I wasn't prepared for the mob scene I encountered!...felt I'd walked in through the looking glass - a real disconnect from one side of the door to the other! My interest at the time of the visit was in muzzleloader supplies, of which I found very little. I poked around the store for about ten minutes and left w/o any salesperson acknowledging my presence. I can't blame them, they were all very busy.

Yet another place I stopped into last week looking for a handgun. They had a pretty wide selection of handguns at very good prices. The staff were not the most helpful, a little surly maybe because it was lunchtime, but the person I dealt with at least asked if they could help me, indicated what they had in used 9mm handguns and brought out the ones I asked about. I didn't buy a gun there but did get some 5.56 ammo at a very good price.

Dude, Didn't you say that you didn't yet have your license? How did you buy ammo?

(Quote taken from post about four seasons)
"The first time they were a bit busy when I got there. When things slowed down and I finally got someone's attention he wouldn't show me anything and didn't seem to want to talk to me at all because I did not yet have my license."

Dude, Didn't you say that you didn't yet have your license? How did you buy ammo?

(Quote taken from post about four seasons)
"The first time they were a bit busy when I got there. When things slowed down and I finally got someone's attention he wouldn't show me anything and didn't seem to want to talk to me at all because I did not yet have my license."
The key word is "yet". Look here then at the dates of the posts you quote.

I went there today and found pretty much any ammo I could ever want if I wanted to pay the price, and a crate of SAMCO Yugo 59/66 rifles.I think they were consecutive serial numbered rifles. [shocked] Unfortunately they were overpriced IMO and I passed. No log books with them.
Lots of tactical type rifles though and a bunch of M44s with a nasty import stamp opposite side of the bolt side of the reciver.

I was up there early this afternoon too. It was kind of busy and I was pressed for time, but I was liking what I had seen there. The guys behind the counter were ok in my opinion. I'll get back up there.

I went there today and found pretty much any ammo I could ever want if I wanted to pay the price, and a crate of SAMCO Yugo 59/66 rifles.I think they were consecutive serial numbered rifles. [shocked] Unfortunately they were overpriced IMO and I passed. No log books with them.
Lots of tactical type rifles though and a bunch of M44s with a nasty import stamp opposite side of the bolt side of the reciver.

( Slighty off-topic ) Yea, just had to swallow my hating of the billboards on the M44's and put one on layaway at Northeast Trading. Oh well...

Joe R.

I stop in when I head up to Four Seasons and have got a few decent deals there,but overall want to give them my business about as much as they seem to want it.They usually have much better prices on more esoteric firearms than FS,not to mention more of them at any given time.

Becoming one of my favorites lately. Their gun prices and some ammo are better than other local shops. Had a M&P 9mm there the other day as well. Cheapest .45 ACP you can find too. I've been buying some Berrys bullets and reloading supplies there lately. Yesterday they had a S&W PC 1911 gun I looked at... damn did that thing want to come home with me!

Last edited:
I was there yesterday and bought a S&W 3914 at a very good price. Jack was very helpful, as was the other gentleman, who's name I didn't catch.

Gary

My first trip to Collector's was a good one. Went in for some reloading supplies and was treated very well. They have a decent selection of powders and primers and are not marked up through the roof. I'll be back in there again.

You really have to separate the "Old CCG" from the new. I made a few buys at the "Old CCG" and was treated well, but did have some problems with a clerk and the owner's wife. I liked the owner and put up with the minor hassles from the employees.

My visits to the "New CCG" have been nothing but positive. The people have been pleasant and extremely helpful. I have had nothing but great experiences with both FS and CCG.

Fred- you can't beat their prices on .223 ammo either. Once in a while they have Wolf for less than $6/box and Priv for about $6.50/box. Good guys too. I know I've posted a few times about these guys but it's great that we have a couple GREAT dealers in the area.

Back
Top Bottom