Collectors Guns, Stoneham, MA

There web site says "LOW PRICES AND NO MEMBERSHIP FEES".

Does anyone charge a membership fee?

Don't know much about the shop. i was in a few years ago and they were freindly and took time to talk with me eventhough I didn't have a permit yet.

Matt

AFS "did" have a discount for members of their range. With the new management, I don't know if this is still true or not.

That might be what Collector's ad is referring to, but I'm not certain.

I also don't know if any of the other gun shops with range do this or not.

Collector's Gallery Firearms

The one visit I was able to make there was a very positive experience. The person behind the counter was very responsive to every question I had and he had no problem allowing me to handle any of the new pistols after showing my LTC. The person behind the counter was obviously very knowledgeable about firearms. Also, assisted me with going through many of the holsters in the place, was not sure what I wanted, just wanted to browse, they had a good assortment of types, with no complaints or attitude from them for occupying them for a good twenty minutes. I would go there again, hopefully soon, and not hesitate to buy from them.

I've been back to both a few times - Collector's Wins!

Since my last post here I have purchased a few firearms and my experience at Collector's has been wonderful. At this point, I'd highly reccomend them - knowledgable, curteous, friendly and will get you anything you need.

This is another great shop in the Boston north area. They had a new MA compliant 228 I picked up recently.. for that I'm greatful. ;)

nice place

I took a ride to collectors today, after seeing them listed here, and surfing their website, I found the feather at9 that I was looking for.
real nice place, although,I followed the link into yahoo for directions and there is no exit #34 on 93south, the directions had me go through boston, which I don't like to do, so I went 95 to 93
but anyway, very nice selection, and prices seemed right in line
friendly people, and they are there to do business. couple of regulars in there shootin the bull, but the people in the shop made sure to acknowlege me and ask if i needed anything.
I'd give them an A+

garyz

I recently checked out Collector's and was pretty pleased with it. For one thing, they have H&K mags, which you don't really see around here. They also had a few holsters for my H&K USP Compact that shops like Four Seasons and Gun & Sport North don't have. They also had a pretty good selection of ammo there. I dealt with Jack there...he was very helpful.

Just went the other day to pick some stuff up. Great guys IMO.... I'm surprised they aren't more well known yet. Like the last poster said- they have a great selection of ammo.

I bought a couple rifles from them. Great guys, great prices. Laid back, no crowds like at FSG. I used to stop at FSG first when in the area, now I stop in Stoneham first.
I've called a couple times and they had no problem quoting me a price over the phone. I wouldn't bother with email.

C-pher said:
I e-mailed him last week about a firearm on his website. Never heard back...

From talking with Jack, he's not really a "computer person". Thus, he may not check Email very often or feel comfortable replying.

Try the phone like Jon suggested.

LenS said:
C-pher said:
I e-mailed him last week about a firearm on his website. Never heard back...

From talking with Jack, he's not really a "computer person". Thus, he may not check Email very often or feel comfortable replying.

Try the phone like Jon suggested.

Ditto. I've never rec'd any replies via email either. I just call or go there now. No biggie.

Problem is there is another bigger guy that works there (great guy).. .and he keeps showing me the 1911s.... I was so distracted last time that I left my LTC on the counter... :(

BTW- last gun I bought there was a MA compliant 228! ;)

Four Seasons is my preferred shop and I went by there today to pick up some ammunition for my Sunday morning shoot. The place was absolutely packed!!! People were standing three deep at the counter just to pay! I really hate crowds and am mildly claustrophobic so I decided to pick up my ammo at Collectors on the way home. I figured, hey, I spend $150 a month on ammo at FS, might as well gieve the other guy a bit to help him out. I bought about $100 worth of 9mm, .40S&W, and .223. Not a huge sale, but not bad. I then wanted to take a look at some 1911s. It was like I was putting the guy out or something. Very unpleasant attitude and not very helpful. I simply asked about what choices he had in an all steel 5" 1911 with adjustable sights. Not exactly exotic stuff. He did hint at a stainless model which was a bit more than I was prepared to spend, then acted as if I was not there. This brought back bad memories of the jerk that used to own the place a few years back. Sorry guys, but I will not be back to Collectors. I'm just going to have to fight the crowds at FS from now on.

Chris

+1 to Collectors. I have been looking for a preban AR15 and I bought one at Collectors yesterday. At first I wanted an M4gery but after reading stuff here I decided I wanted the "basic" A2 style 20" barrell and then do my own mods from there if I wanted to. So anyway I picked up a Colt R6601K Sporter Match HBAR unfired in blue label box with all original accessories (cleaning kit, 2 mags that look like 20 round but are actually 5 round, manual, paper tube still in barrell etc) for $995. It is from between 1990-1994 I don't know exactly. I will be checking and cleaning it this weekend and hopefully shooting it this week. Also, I emailed Jack yesterday around 8:45 Am and had a reply within an hour. I then called for some more details and went and picked it up along with a preban 30 round mag and some ammo. Now I just need to find some surplus ammo. I probably won't be buying any more guns for a while, this was the last thing I "needed". Of course there are plenty of toys still needed for the guns I have already, scopes, sights etc.

just waite untill you start moding the AR. My M4orgery has a new eotech, with a rra dominator mount, midwest industrys railed fore end. My next "need" is a light mount for my Pentagon X3.

ned...ive had my eyes on that gun for a few weeks now...my heart kinda sank when i read your post...good luck with it...its a great piece...let me know how you like it

blood hound said:
ned...ive had my eyes on that gun for a few weeks now...my heart kinda sank when i read your post...good luck with it...its a great piece...let me know how you like it

I had to rearrange my schedule to get there on Friday but I had this feeling that I better get it quick before it was gone.

ya...my friend and i were gonna buy sporter match hbars that were there and jack gave me a deal $900 cash for each but my friend couldnt come up with the money in time and the deal fell through so instead i got myself a new upper for my ar carbine instead...according to their website they sold 2 of the colts that day...they had 2 match sporters for sale and 1 regular sporter and now only 1 match grade is left...good luck with it and post pictures for me to drool over and kick myself for not getting

Rob Boudrie said:
Many years ago, I went to the Collectors Coin Gallery with an individual who just got his LTC (pre A/B days), and he picked out a Colt 1911 he wanted. As part of the final pre-purchase inspection, I wished to field (not detail) strip it to look for excessive tool marks - a not unheard of problem with new firearms.

The conversation went something like this:

Me: I'd like to check this gun for internal tool marks. May I detail strip it or would you prefer to do it?

CCG: That gun's not getting field stripped until it's paid for.

Me: What if we discover a big ugly tool mark inside right after buying it?

CCG: Sir, at that point you will own the gun and we will not. It will be between you and the manufacturer. We will not allow you to return or exchange it.

Me: Even if I discover the tool mark right here in the shop?

CCG: Yes, that's the way it works.

I haven't been back since.

I hadn't been there since it was Collectors Coin Gallery, but your experience pretty much mirrors mine the one time I stopped in.

Arioch said:
I hadn't been there since it was Collectors Coin Gallery, but your experience pretty much mirrors mine the one time I stopped in.

When I bought my AR, they showed me how to break it down and since the button was pretty stiff, they pulled a bushmaster off the shelf and showed me on that one too.

Marcus in the Darkus said:
I was in there last Friday when I picked up my new S&W 1911. I got it for $619, which is the best price I've seen anywhere. Also noticed a boat-load of .308 ammo on hand.

So...what did they have for .308, any good deals?

F

firtree said:
So...what did they have for .308, any good deals?

Sorry, I don't recall the price and I'm not too familiar with rifle ammo, but this stuff was sealed up in thick brown plastic and the stack was about 4 feet high.

Give Jack a call and ask him about it.

SA battlepacks for $40 each. Ouch!

Marcus in the Darkus said:
Sorry, I don't recall the price and I'm not too familiar with rifle ammo, but this stuff was sealed up in thick brown plastic and the stack was about 4 feet high.

Give Jack a call and ask him about it.

Went out to buy a .22 pistol tonight. I drove up to Four Seasons stupidly thinking they were open till 8. Little did I know, they close at 6 on Friday. I had every intention of hitting Collectors too while in the area.
I was helped by Bill a gentleman who bent over backwards for me by showing me everything I asked for and answering all my questions. He couldn't do enough to make me happy.
It's hard for me to say who's better, FSG or Collectors. I've never had a bad experience with either but no crowds at Collectors is a plus for me. And being open till 8 tonight didn't make it a wasted trip!

Back
Top Bottom