Concord NH Show

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Anyone headed to the Concord NH show in a few weeks (Sept 3/4)? I only live about 15 minutes from there so it's pretty much a "must go" for me...even if I have to stand in line for a half hour to get in...

Yes, definitely. It's a little cramped in there but it is always a favorite. Lots of places to eat in the area, too.

-Mike

I'll probably show up first thing Saturday morning and peruse the place...I rarely ever buy anything, except for brass if there are good deals. Usually the firearms are way overpriced. I may start looking for parts to build an M4gery.

I always enjoy this show, even if all I do is browse the goodies. For reloaders, there is more powder/bullets/primers for sale here than at MA shows (typically).

I might be able to make this show, unsure.

Interestingly (and purely coincidental), I'm booked to teach my MA Gun Laws seminar at MFL the same day (Sunday Oct 16th) that the show is in Manchester, so likely I will head over there once I'm done at MFL. I haven't been to a Manchester show since it was in the Armory (which became "off limits" after 9/11).

Working at the show as usual. last year it was about 100 degrees in the place so bring plenty of water. I actually wont be buying anything......................yeah sure I wont. Stop by and say Hi. I will be at the Stoney Acres table.

I actually wont be buying anything......................yeah sure I wont.

Of course, and pigs can fly
pigfly.gif

Be sure not to bring in your concealed carry,its a "gun free zone" for CCW's !

Lsst show I went to had the "No Loaded Guns even with carry permit" sign,its there show and they can certainly do what they want,just kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited:

Lsst show I went to had the "No Loaded Guns even with carry permit" sign,its there show and they can certainly do what they want,just kinda rubs me the wrong way.

I've never been to a gun show without one of those signs, in MA or NH. It's likely a policy dictated by the insurers. Big boy rules always apply, of course.

-Mike

Thinking of going and taking my 5 yr old daughter. Kids ok at the gun show? I think I already know the answer but want to verify.

FYI California gun shows typically do not allow children to attend.

Last edited:
Thinking of going and taking my 5 yr old daughter. Kids ok at the gun show? I think I already know the answer but want to verify.

FYI California gun shows typically do not allow children to attend.

OK, just keep her close by as this place gets very crowded. I've run into Derek and one of his Sons at this show a few years ago.

I usually leave my CCW at home for these. It's too easy to forget I have my LCP in my pocket.

Never been to a gun show, is this one worth a 1.5 hour drive?

IMHO if you set your bar too high you will be pissed off by every gun show in the northeast. If you go in expecting nothing on the other hand, you might be pleasantly surprised. It's not a huge show but the admission is cheap if you have a coupon.

For me its probably about that in drive time, and IMO it's worth it. Then again during the week I waste about an hour each way on the road for work, so I'm a little biased. I usually go to the show an hour or two, scope out somewhere to eat, and then go home.

If drive time is a big issue, I would just hit one of the Manchester shows instead. Mostly same vendors, a little larger... although you pay for parking unless you're one of those people that refuses to park in the garage. (I'd rather pay the few bucks than hunt around for a parking spot on the street somewhere. )

-Mike

IMHO if you set your bar too high you will be pissed off by every gun show in the northeast. If you go in expecting nothing on the other hand, you might be pleasantly surprised. It's not a huge show but the admission is cheap if you have a coupon.

For me its probably about that in drive time, and IMO it's worth it. Then again during the week I waste about an hour each way on the road for work, so I'm a little biased. I usually go to the show an hour or two, scope out somewhere to eat, and then go home.

If drive time is a big issue, I would just hit one of the Manchester shows instead. Mostly same vendors, a little larger... although you pay for parking unless you're one of those people that refuses to park in the garage. (I'd rather pay the few bucks than hunt around for a parking spot on the street somewhere. )

-Mike

Mike,

Am I missing something?

I've never seen a coupon for a DiPrete show. Where do you find such coupon? I get a postcard once/year from Pat DiPrete listing all their shows, but that's all.

Mike,

Am I missing something?

I've never seen a coupon for a DiPrete show. Where do you find such coupon? I get a postcard once/year from Pat DiPrete listing all their shows, but that's all.

Actually Len I think you're right. Now that I think of it, I don't remember giving up a coupon the last couple times. I think what threw me off is that the NH shows are cheaper (by at least like $2) and the wires got crossed in my brain. [laugh]

-Mike

Couple of tips.

Get there an hour+ early... standing in line for that amount of time and getting in with plenty of room to move around is far better than getting there at 9am and standing in line for an hour an can barely move around.

Getting there early also helps with limited items inside I grabbed the only Saiga 20 I saw at the show couple of years ago.

I'll probably go, mostly just to look for the under the table type deals. No I don't illegally purchased firearms, I mean the actual stuff thats under the tables. [wink] Usually find a couple things worth picking like soft rifle cases for $5.00, odd reloading bits for a few bucks, etc.

Couple of tips.

Get there an hour+ early... standing in line for that amount of time and getting in with plenty of room to move around is far better than getting there at 9am and standing in line for an hour an can barely move around.

+1 thats good advice. At the Manchester show I got there 45 minutes early line was probably already 40 deep. When it opened I was able to get through it all quickly and do a quick sweep to find the tables and stuff that interested me in about 15 minutes. Then go back and look at the stuff that caught my eye. Picked up what I wanted and was done and out the door by ~10:30 just as it got pretty congested.

Last edited:
I'm in. Unsure of day though. Arrived at the Manchester show about half an hour early and was pleasantly surprised to see the line only just forming.

Fitz

Actually Len I think you're right. Now that I think of it, I don't remember giving up a coupon the last couple times. I think what threw me off is that the NH shows are cheaper (by at least like $2) and the wires got crossed in my brain. [laugh]

-Mike

No I think there was once a coupon for the diprete shows, it was on one of those postcard things. The Wilmington show has a coupon though;

http://northeastgunshows.com/

I'll be at Concord looking out for reloading stuff and vintage gun parts/stripper clips/ammo.

1. Yep, DiPrete ended the coupon deal a couple of years back now.

2. You could fit 3 Manchester shows inside the Concord show.

3. The "no CCW" thing has always been prevalent as far as I know. Technically, you can bring an unloaded concealed firearm with you (i.e. don't wish to leave behind in car/motorcycle), which will be "officially" tagged (zip-tie run through the action), so that you can carry it inside the show, and have the tie cut off as you exit.

I go primarily for primers and powder. There's a guy there that carries 8 lbs. kegs. And he often has Vihta Vuori n140 and some other powders that can be difficult to find elsewhere (at least in bulk ...cash and carry).

Last edited:
Of the 3 DiPrete NH venues I work with Dick, Concord is my favorite. Unfortunately, I have a wedding to attend Sat. afternoon so I'll just be there 'til around noon and then all day on Sunday. Unless Patti decides to scramble everything, we'll be in our usual spot by the penalty boxes.

This'll be my first time there, Any tips for where to park? Is there any free parking nearby?

I'd suggest getting there early -- last time i went I had to stand in line outside for 1/2 hour. This time I have a table setup though :D

Back
Top Bottom