Concord NH Show

First person to come to my table and say "NES Rocks!" Gets a free MyGunDB registration

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk and Red Bulls

Juergen, That is always my FIRST question. [rofl]

Attaboy!
appl.gif

First row, at the end -- usually has good deals on components compared to local shops.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk and Red Bulls

Thanks. Just saw this. They had some good deals on powder. Also picked up some semi wad cutters at the last booth in the last row. Prices were cheaper than my local shop, Midway, Riley's, and an online guy I buy through in bulk. I'm guessing he didn't want to lug it all back to his car. :)

Stopped at Riley's on the way home to snag a dieset, conversion kit and some boxes. Unfortunately they were all out of 45 cal case gauges.

Fitz

Daltrey, i saw one table had 3 p38's, all wartime, one was an ac and one a BYF. Tony Martinello had some lugers and ppk's. I think Terry Goode had a new looking P1 that i think he sold, he also had a few Walther PP, (this was on Saturday). I saw 2 as new german ppk/s in 380 with box etc. one for $995 and one for $750, thinking i should have taken the $750 one home but didnt as i had just bought a ppk.

Daltrey, i saw one table had 3 p38's, all wartime, one was an ac and one a BYF. Tony Martinello had some lugers and ppk's. I think Terry Goode had a new looking P1 that i think he sold, he also had a few Walther PP, (this was on Saturday). I saw 2 as new german ppk/s in 380 with box etc. one for $995 and one for $750, thinking i should have taken the $750 one home but didnt as i had just bought a ppk.
Thanks for the info. I didnt make it to this show. All of my fun money was drained on my G43 that I just got back from the gunsmith. I am not complaining though as it sure is sweet. I have three of these now. Woo Hoo

Got up there just before noon on Saturday. Usual Concord show. Some observations:

- Man, there were some stinky dudes there! I think I by-passed several tables without looking just to get past the stench.

- Mens room was a friggin' mess.

- The $695 Vene FN-49 was nice looking, but the replacement stock didn't do anything for its collectible value - I wouldn't pay $500 for it without the original parts.

- Did see one Mosin Nagant 91/30 that was marked at $70 - and in decent shape. It was being fondled as I walked by.

- Good to see 50 BMG at the show, as usual.

- Most vendors I spoke with seemed to think the numbers were down compared to previous years attendance.

- The lady cop at the back entrance was kind of a babe.

- Saw lots of German stuff - especially lugers. But like everything else, they had "gun show" ridiculous prices.

- Powder prices were OK, but you still would be hard-pressed to beat Riley's. Example: IMR4895 was $25.90 per pound at the biggest vendor's table, and at Riley's it's $22.95 per pound.

- I should have snagged the Remington 55 gr 200-round boxes at $75 each. For some reason that stuff shoots great in my DCM Bushmaster.

- Lots of old ammo, magazines, bayonets and other hard-to-find stuff.

- Even though I didn't end up buying anything, I still enjoyed the visit. But, Marlborough will be just as much fun, only 5 minutes away instead of 1 1/2 hours.

Last edited:
It was hot, muggy, stifling and smelly in the hockey rink. Saturday was slow and looked more like a Sunday. Yesterday was about right for a Sunday but nobody seemed to want to take their wallet out. One buyer welched on a deal after we shook on it.

I also shook John Huntsman's hand when he extended it and introduced himself. I told him flat out that vendors at gunshows don't like people photographing their stuff without being asked. I think his staff must have gone to a thrift shop to get him his broken in Rob Roy plaid flannel shirt. It didn't really go with his black designer jeans.

I got a couple small ammo deals from people I know. Other than that, I could have sat by the lake all weekend and been much more comfortable.

ETA: Contestants for our daily "Miss Gun Show" contest weren't that good looking either.

Last edited:
I told him flat out that vendors at gunshows don't like people photographing their stuff without being asked.

I noticed that there were signs all over the entrance doors saying "NO CAMERAS" yet there were paparazzi all over the place inside taking pictures of Huntsman. It kinda miffed me...here I couldn't carry a legal CCW into the building because the sign said so but the sign also said no cameras, but it seems that was conveniently overlooked.

Well worked the show again this year. Swore I would not do the show again, why....it was a million Fing degrees in there, the place has no air circulation and as others have stated some folks just plain stink. I had one guy ask me a couple questions about a rifle and he smelled so bad i almost lost my lunch.

Saw DrGrant, LenS and USMA-82 and a couple folks from my old club. Sales were good.

Nothing really that great for sale. Saw a Finn 91/30 that a guy picked up for 90 bucks but the bore was a sewer pipe.

On Sunday when the show ended and the promoter said the show was over all of us cheered ...she said ok that's enough....after a few seconds of silence, you hear like a cry out of the wild.....bitch. That summed it up for me.

Now Manchester with the same folks, may have bathed by then...I hope.Oh did see a Russian captured Luger for $700. I just could not do it. Went to Riley s after and picked up some 556.

Manch show is always crowded and it is kinda small. Sometimes though, you can find an amusing, cheap, older rifle at the one table that usually has a bunch of nice $99 .22s and odd stuff.

Manch show is always crowded and it is kinda small. Sometimes though, you can find an amusing, cheap, older rifle at the one table that usually has a bunch of nice $99 .22s and odd stuff.

Not nearly as small as W. Lebanon. [wink] Plus it will be in October and the Radisson has actual HVAC. Pain in the butt setting up, though, lugging everything from either the parking garage or the loading dock. You have to watch your stuff even closer, too, because of both the local and cross border urban utes in attendance.

heh I think it's 300 tables. Just got an application from Pat for it, so I'm going to try getting a table.

I don't really have to watch my table much -- what are people going to steal, the free discs I give out? :D heh

Fortunately for once I had a good head cold so I could not catch the body stench that infested the hall. Anyway, I made out like a fat rat in a cheese factory. Got loads of shotgun shells, .223 ammo, Glock magazines and some FN range wear (hat, shirts and a bumper/window sticker). Will all go good with the FAL's, FNC or SLP on the range. Got there Sunday around 11:00am. Crowd was bearly bearable.

Yes, the crowd and heat on Sunday were unpleasant to say the least. Did pick up a beautiful Colt 1917 revolver for a very nice price, after missing out on a WW I Colt 1911 that was priced super low. Saw a couple of other nice C&Rs, including an Enfield .22 trainer and Gew 98 with rollercoaster sight, both priced very reasonably, just didn't have the extra cash. All in all it was much better than usual.

Back
Top Bottom