Concord NH Show

I'll probably go, mostly just to look for the under the table type deals. No I don't illegally purchased firearms, I mean the actual stuff thats under the tables. [wink] Usually find a couple things worth picking like soft rifle cases for $5.00, odd reloading bits for a few bucks, etc.

I once got 3 rifle hardcases, nice ones, for like 65% off doing that :D

Holy smokes! Not. Even 8:30 yet and gotta be 80 in line stretching around the back.

So How do I spot you NESers?

Just for grins I threw some of my trading brass in the car.

Anyone ever have any luck trading with the vendors?

Last edited:
got there at 8:15...got harangued by the politicos...was in 3 minutes after the door opened...walked around until 11:15. bought nothing. Wasn't really looking for anything (that I knew I would be able to afford, anyway). Visited the Umlaut table and looked at their stuff...nice stuff. I am toying with building a M4gery in the future. May pay them a visit later on this winter...they're only 10 miles from where I live.

The politicos did get a bit annoying after a while. BTW: Did Huntsman ever show up? I never saw him, maybe I was already inside.

We're the cool ones! And we tend to not use Rs when we talk :)

I'm the dude at the mygundb table in a yellow shirt. Come by and say hi!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk and Red Bulls

I went by 3-4 times to say Hello but every time I did there were 6-8 people at the table and you were doing your thing. I forgot to grab a CD and I wanted to ask you if there is any reloading related stuff in your software like a log, place to store load data and what not.

Looks like a neat software package, and judging by the traffic at your table the interest is high. Good luck with it.

For a while it was looking like making the trip and paying the $8 wasn't going to pan out. The only thing on my list I'd found was a magazine for an old Marlin / Glenfield 70 .22 Semi Auto someone gave me (minus the magazine) for a few bucks. Most of the other stuff of interest was a bit pricey. I didn't find any rifle cases either. I almost bought some primers but, the prices weren't THAT good.

Finally at the very last table, I scored a 12 Gauge Lee Loader Deluxe set that was complete and had the optional wad guide, 6 point, and 8 point crimp starters along with a Lee Loader Target "Zero Error" complete set in .30-06 for $40 total.

That made the trip and admission fee totally worth it. [smile] I was done and out right around 11:00.

Last edited:
No reload recipe tab yet, but down the road it will. You can keep track of ammo inventory loads though as well as factory.

Hah as for traffic at the table, it is easy to do when your item is being given away :)

Lots of NESers have come by! Good showing!

Glad ya got a deal! Still looking myself :/

Walked around a bit also, grabbed 200 rounds 7.62x54r for $40 and a couple other small items. Looked at a Chinese M44 that was in decent shape (not the rusty "Vietnam bring back" someone else had) but the price was a little too high for a impulse purchase. Mosins were as low as 99 I think and I saw some of the same guns from shows a couple years ago on another table, still with panic prices on them. Less junk sellers than a typical MA show and way more ammo choices and reloading supplies.

Concord Gun Show Observations...

Hi Folks-
I just returned from the Concord Gun Show and it did not seem to be as crowded as in past years. There wa a lot of ammo (at high prices) as well as a lot of "collectible" ammo.
The show had a fair amount of knife and book sellers, as well as a good of military arms (M1 Carbine and a few others) which were available at collector prices too.
The deal of the day seemed to be Mosin Nagant rifles (Still greasy) at $135. The rifle I could not afford right now was a newly stocked FN 49 in 7x57 for $695.

Marlin

Concord was it's usual self. Not a bad show for the venue.

Entry fee is 8 bucks now!! I think the MA shows are 9.

Not many junk vendors at this show, which is good.

Anyone who likes Chinese should hit up the Tea Garden @ 184 north main. The General Gaus was great. Tea is brewed appropriately. They also have Harpoon IPA on tap. Yum.

-Mike

Hi Folks-
The rifle I could not afford right now was a newly stocked FN 49 in 7x57 for $695.

Marlin

I looked at this, and very seriously considered it... but I wasn't sure what that stock did to the value.

Typical show..nothing caught my eye except a russian t33 but they wanted way to much and wouldn't budge.I left after just under an hour along with a buddy of mine who grabbed a few mags for his ak and a dont tread on me flag.

I really wish people would take a bath for these events or learn how to wipe properly or fresh diaper.

Typical show..nothing caught my eye except a russian t33 but they wanted way to much and wouldn't budge.I left after just under an hour along with a buddy of mine who grabbed a few mags for his ak and a dont tread on me flag.

I really wish people would take a bath for these events or learn how to wipe properly or fresh diaper.

Yeah, there were some pretty nasty smelling people there...I had to keep checking to make sure it wasn't me. Even the guy I was with mentioned it...

BTW: Did Huntsman ever show up? I never saw him, maybe I was already inside.

Yup, he was there looking around with a blonde dame...maybe his wife....and a bunch of photographers. One of the Ron Paul guys was saying that RP might show up but I never saw him.

BTW: Did Huntsman ever show up?
Yup, he was there looking around with a blonde dame...maybe his wife....and a bunch of photographers.

I guess that explains the stink then...... [smile]

The rifle I could not afford right now was a newly stocked FN 49 in 7x57 for $695.

Marlin

Considering that SOG is offering Belgian FN 49 "Parts Guns" for $750
Sold as is...these do not come with magazine, hand guards, lower sling swivel, butt plate and the stock end cap. The butt stock may be cracked, sorry no returns!

Seems like that one for $695.00 is a deal. [smile]

There was a ton of collector ammo, every body and their brother had some on their table it seemed. There was also allot of regular ammo with collector prices on it too.

Last edited:
Any German stuff (P08, p38, G43, K98 ect) around at the show?

I personally didn't see anything good in the german militaria weapons dept....there were some K98/RCs but unless you were looking for an exact date code or stock replacement for formal matching they bordered on junk.

As for the stink it was horrible lol

As for the stink it was horrible lol

There was this one guy with a cane that hit me with a wall of stench as he walked by. The odor was indescribable, that's how bad it was. Other than that nothing major. Nothing compared to a typical hamfest.

-Mike

Decided to go do a few hundred miles on the bike. A friend who did go said the place was far from crowded. Later in the day.

I did extremely well there last year landing a $700 collectible SKS for $425. it happens..... unfortunately the list of honey-dos this weekend is just too long.

too many business trips lately. it is catching up to me

So How do I spot you NESers?

No idea. I wore my NES hat and didn't see any others at the show. Got there at 11 and left ~2PM. I only saw people I already know (drgrant, 50BMG) plus spoke with wolfrage (who I didn't know) about his database. It was pretty deserted for this show. Lots of high prices, nothing exciting.

We're the cool ones! And we tend to not use Rs when we talk :)

I'm the dude at the mygundb table in a yellow shirt. Come by and say hi!

Nice meeting and talking with you today.

Don't know if it was good or bad, but an all matching Luger was priced at $2200. It did look nice.

Another mix-master Luger was $795.

Seeing Romney's people there made me want to puke. They would be more honest if they hung with their Brady Bunch friends!

No idea. I wore my NES hat and didn't see any others at the show. Got there at 11 and left ~2PM. I only saw people I already know (drgrant, 50BMG) plus spoke with wolfrage (who I didn't know) about his database.

Nice meeting and talking with you today

Same here! It's always nice to have a face to go with a name.

But now I want an NES hat too...

There's a guy there that carries 8 lbs. kegs. And he often has Vihta Vuori n140 and some other powders that can be difficult to find elsewhere (at least in bulk ...cash and carry).

N140 is great stuff!
That's what's in my 6.5x55, .30-06, .308, .30-30 and 8x57IS loads, said to be great for .303 as well.
Wish it was available in 8 pounders here as it is in most other European countries.

I think I may head up in the AM. I could use some more 9mm and 45 cal bullets for reloading.

Fitz

First row, at the end -- usually has good deals on components compared to local shops.

I did extremely well there last year landing a $700 collectible SKS for $425. it happens..... unfortunately the list of honey-dos this weekend is just too long.

too many business trips lately. it is catching up to me

Hope, there wasn't too much of after-storm cleanup to do.

Finally THE question[smile]

Back
Top Bottom