Concord NH show...

Mike what happened was my friend got smashed in the head by a guy with a rifle and it knocked him out. It also put a huge gash in his head. The guy with the rifle was looking down the barrel up at the ceiling. He then proceeded to drop the front of the barrel of the rifle down without looking right onto my friends head. boom out like a light.

Was he a big guy? All I remember is seeing the EMTs talking to him and giving him water. I don't remember a big gash thing. Maybe I am thinking more than a year ago... either that or it was a separate incident. I remember someone else telling me the guy was having trouble due to the heat. They ended up carting him out of there and covered up all his goods on the table.

-Mike

Good luck to anyone who gets in.

I had some free time this morning and headed to the show but after sitting in traffic at the 1.5 second green light cycle for 20 minutes, then seeing the line around the building, I decided to pass.

I'm sure a cheap cz82 & sks were in there just waiting for me. :(

I'm sure a cheap cz82 & sks were in there just waiting for me. :(

I got there at 8:20 and there was already a line of about 150 people, the most I've ever seen at this show that early. I got in about 15 minutes after they opened the doors and did find a CZ82...guy wanted $295 for it...by the time I left, an hour and a half later, I owned it for $195 +2 mags and a holster. It's in not too bad condition, typical finish issues but I plan to strip the "dura"-coat off, cold blue it and put wood grips on it. He had another one there as well and it was in about the same condition. I picked up a 50 ct bag of 9x18 mak brass for $11 and a box of reloadable cartridges for it as well.

By the time I left around 11, you couldn't even move in there.

Last edited:
there was one dealer in particular at the far end of the arena that had quite a bit...his prices were on the high side. I also saw a fair amount of 223 and 7.65 but didn't notice the prices. Lots of brass and other smaller ammo sellers but didn't see too much actual reloading stuff like dies and presses. There may have been more of that stuff there than I saw...I was really in there just looking for several things in particular.

Just got back. good show. bought some reloads for my 45 cal. better than new. i have shot them before . they are good. I am a milsurp guy. if you aren't read no further. I saw a nice K31 with the collectors guys from pelham. $295 , There were quite a few chinese sks. I did not see a single russian sks. there is a nice unissued Yugo Cherry's import he wanted $399 (which is frankly the going rate for an unissues). I offered $350. he waivered but said no. someone can probably pick it up for that sunday.

saw a couple cool WW II pieces with capture papers but the papers just did not look like they could be 70 years old. could not pull the trigger on that. I had my hands on a K31 for $295 I wish i picked up. i know they would have taken a little less.

saw a ton of enfields from $300 up, couple eddystones at $595 , a cZ52 she for $550 . all in all a good show. some good pieces for a collector. Obvioulsy with a hundred dealers in there and a 30 minute wait to get in, ,,,, if there was a steal, it went out the door before you got there.

I was up front,did my normal sprint around looking for anything good leaving my party behind to fend for themselves,I scored a Saiga .410 to round off the Saiga shot gun collection to add to the S12,S20.

I was also looking for Saiga in 7.63 or 5.45 but I didn't notice any,spent my second gun money on a case of 7.62x39 and some new to me books on Russia and AK books from the book guy.

Great show and good weather,and I got in and out in about an hour but had to wait almost 90mins for my friends to come out lol,I almost went back in for some .410 ammo but it was starting to get warm in there.

PS I got there at 10 of 8 and there was atleast 30 people in front of me.

Last edited:
Was there a lot of ammo for sale at the show? How about reloading supplies?

It was pretty decent for that stuff, much better than the selections available at Marlboro or Wilmington.
I got the 115gr 9mm FMJ's I was looking for and a 4lb jug of Clays powder.
Like Timbo said, it was packed, but that's always expected there, but it wasn't too hot or stinky inside.
I didn't have a lot to spend, but it was nice to see several vendors with a good selection of Contender barrels and accessories, which weren't at the Mass shows.
I did see one of the new Ruger 10/22 Take Down models for sale. The vendor was asking $389, which is exactly the MSRP listed on Rugers website.
I also noticed a lot of Remington Nylon 66's for sale. They're not all that rare, and I usually see one or two at every show, but never seen so many in one place before. Including a few of the chrome barrel variations. I think they're butt ugly myself, but they're supposed to be indestructible.
My taste leans toward lever guns, and there were lots of them, but the prices are just getting stupid.
Who would have ever thunk that Winchester 9422's would be going for over $700 ????

My taste leans toward lever guns, and there were lots of them, but the prices are just getting stupid.

I love levers too but I only own one, my Marlin 336 I bought back in the 70s used. When I bought my .22 at the ripe old age of 13 in '69 I had the chance to buy a nice lever action Marlin .22 but bought the Marlin bolt action instead. I've kicked myself ever since...while the bolt action I have is still a tack driver, even after >100K rounds shot through it, the lever action just has a lot more "mojo" factor a la The Rifleman [grin]

saw a ton of enfields from $300 up, couple eddystones at $595 , a cZ52 she for $550 . all in all a good show. some good pieces for a collector. Obvioulsy with a hundred dealers in there and a 30 minute wait to get in, ,,,, if there was a steal, it went out the door before you got there.

In general how much dealing goes on before the doors open......

I love levers too but I only own one, my Marlin 336 I bought back in the 70s used. When I bought my .22 at the ripe old age of 13 in '69 I had the chance to buy a nice lever action Marlin .22 but bought the Marlin bolt action instead. I've kicked myself ever since...while the bolt action I have is still a tack driver, even after >100K rounds shot through it, the lever action just has a lot more "mojo" factor a la The Rifleman [grin]

I have about a dozen lever guns, but only one Marlin, an 1894C in .38/.357.
I'd like to get a model 39a. If I find one at a decent price I'll grab it.

Something else I saw at the Concord show was the new Henry "Mares Leg" in .22LR.
I didn't even know they were making them.
I've seen the Rossi versions in centerfire calibers, but I think a .22 would be a lot of fun.
However, I live in Mass, and Marsha won't likely ever allow us to have them.

[sad2]

I have about a dozen lever guns, but only one Marlin, an 1894C in .38/.357.
I'd like to get a model 39a. If I find one at a decent price I'll grab it.

Something else I saw at the Concord show was the new Henry "Mares Leg" in .22LR.
I didn't even know they were making them.
I've seen the Rossi versions in centerfire calibers, but I think a .22 would be a lot of fun.
However, I live in Mass, and Marsha won't likely ever allow us to have them.

[sad2]

Yup, it was a 39a that I shoulda, coulda, woulda but didn't. I see them everywhere but always for more than I can justify buying one for. I have seen the Henry 22 LA rifles around and they are a nice looking rifle but I'm still holding out for a bargain 39a...to reminisce with and all that [grin]

In general how much dealing goes on before the doors open......

i was actually referring to the line out front. not disparaging the dealers. i got there at 9 15 and there had to be 100+ people in the line ahead of me. This is not counting the people inside all ready. My point now was the people going in got dibs on everything before i could get in the door.

i was actually referring to the line out front. not disparaging the dealers. i got there at 9 15 and there had to be 100+ people in the line ahead of me. This is not counting the people inside all ready. My point now was the people going in got dibs on everything before i could get in the door.

In the past few years, I have been getting there around a 1/2 hour before the doors open and the line isn't too bad...this morning I was actually looking for something specific, which I usually am not doing, and I figured I'd better show up even earlier and I was surprised how many people were in line already. I found what I was looking for almost immediately at a better price than I was expecting so I hung around until about 11 but it was getting just too friggin' crowded for me so I bailed out. Even at 11, there was a line with about a hundred people in it. I've never seen it like that at the Concord show.

It was a good show as far as selection. Dealers were dropping prices and some ammo deals were available. I picked up a 45 I wanted and was VERY happy with the price.

Spoke to DrGrant which is always fun. Sold some odds and ends to folks for some great deals. Yugo slings with oiler for 3 bucks, one guy wanted a set of Markov grips to make his commercial Mak look more like the military, I sold them for a buck. So for all you out there that think you cant pick up deals at shows...well your wrong.

From a dealers stand point it was a slow show given the number of people who attended. But i don't own the gun shop so for me I got to look around and as I said i picked up a unbelievable deal on a 45.

For you garand lovers out there there was an all correct with bring back papers from the US military and it sold for $1300!!!!!!!

Last edited:
And that Garand was a bargain,, i examined it for the prospective owner.I believe i had seen this gun many yrs. ago when the previous owner had it. It belonged to the past president of the Garand Collectors Association and came with a letter of authenticity from Scott Duff,, a noted garand collector. The Garand was a late 1942 gun in original condition and appeared to have seen little in the way of use, amazing it lasted as long as it did in service without going through a rebuild. The good stuff is still out there IF you are paying attention.

It was nice to meet you Fred . Saw quite a few familiar faces . Picked up a beauty of a K 22 for a great price .Can't wait to get my hands on it later this week .

Not really. I went to Riley's this AM and it was packed.

If anything gun stores have MORE people in them when shows are running... a lot of smaller shops are at the show so they're closed up at their real storefront, and the bigger shops that are open are getting the "I didn't find what I needed at the gun show" crowds.

-Mike

And that Garand was a bargain,, i examined it for the prospective owner.I believe i had seen this gun many yrs. ago when the previous owner had it. It belonged to the past president of the Garand Collectors Association and came with a letter of authenticity from Scott Duff,, a noted garand collector. The Garand was a late 1942 gun in original condition and appeared to have seen little in the way of use, amazing it lasted as long as it did in service without going through a rebuild. The good stuff is still out there IF you are paying attention.

I don't know if that Garand was Bob's or Terry's. I looked at it, but needed to sell stuff today, not buy. We had a busy day. About 2:1 handguns to long guns along with a fair number of accessories along with a couple of stripped AR receivers. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Off to bed.

If anything gun stores have MORE people in them when shows are running... a lot of smaller shops are at the show so they're closed up at their real storefront, and the bigger shops that are open are getting the "I didn't find what I needed at the gun show" crowds.

-Mike

very true...I picked up a 9x18 mak pistol today at the show and wanted to pick up a box of ammo for it...the prices at the show were pretty high and I knew that Riley's had the same stuff for about 20% less...I decided after a fashion that I was at the show, the ammo was at the show and I just didn't want to be bothered driving to Rileys and endure another crowd....so i bit the bullet (as it were) and bought a box of 50 from a friendly show dealer.

Last edited:

-Mike

i can't tell you how many times i have gotten pumped up at the gun show and then bought something that day at a shop. sometimes there is something at the shop i want and i am waiting to double check the show first. bought a russian sks that way last year

I have seen the Henry 22 LA rifles around and they are a nice looking rifle but I'm still holding out for a bargain 39a

As I said before, I have a bunch of lever guns, Winchesters, Brownings, Ithacas, a Rossi, a Marlin and a Henry.
IMHO, the Henry has the smoothest action of them all, like butter.
However, if I had to choose a favorite, I'd go with the Browning BL-22.
It's not the smoothest, but it does have the very shortest lever throw, making it the fastest.
I can flick the lever with the back of my fingers to cycle the action, without moving my thumb position off the stock wrist.
I'd still like to get a Marlin 39a anyway simply because I don't have one in my collection.

i can't tell you how many times i have gotten pumped up at the gun show and then bought something that day at a shop. sometimes there is something at the shop i want and i am waiting to double check the show first. bought a russian sks that way last year

I've done that myself.
Drove 85 miles to Springfield and didn't find what I wanted there, so I stopped at Nicks in Palmer (exit 8) on my way back to Boston and ended up buying something from them.

I didn't make it to the show I ended up getting a great deal Glock 23 on Friday and then spent the rest of the money I had squirreled away on a bunch of reloading supplies to keep me shooting for a while

I didn't make it to the show I ended up getting a great deal Glock 23 on Friday and then spent the rest of the money I had squirreled away on a bunch of reloading supplies to keep me shooting for a while

The best upgrade you can make to that is an aftermarket barrel, such as a KKM, with conventional rifling and a fully supported chamber. You can shoot lead reloads all day long, and the brass doesn't get that bulge down near the base anymore.

I placed an order for a lone wolf barrel as I got home on Friday. I hope I get it by next weekend but I didn't get supplies to load 40 s&w yet I picked up 308, 303, 9mm and 45acp components. I want to do some more research on reloading 40 s&w before I pick up the dies and components I mostly use use rcbs dies would you recommend a separate crimp die such as a lee factory crimp to avoid setback ? I of heard horror stories with set back when reloading 40 s&w

Back
Top Bottom