condition venting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after a discussion on Fbook classifieds about what condition you carry i actually had began a conversation with another gentleman in person about how they carry, how i carry. I told them 99 percent of the time i have my glock on me. 1 in the chamber, fully loaded clip. When i carry my Beretta Tomcat I carry chambered, full mag, safety off and hammer is up so first pull is DA.

This began them telling me how I was irresponsible and unsafe, basically i wanted to slap him with the tomcat by the end of this conversation.

If I choose to carry with my safety off and my hammer un-cocked because i feel safer about it knowing how short and soft the trigger break is you can KMFA. I know I can draw my Tomcat, bring it to target, pull DA and follow SA with all shots center mass. I know it will never cock itself inside my pocket. What the hell is wrong with some people... I can understand being opinionated on carrying cocked no safety... but whats the difference between how i carry and how you carry a revolver.

- end rant -

in my opinion you are unsafe and irresponsible if you carry in a way that you are not comfortable with and/or takes you longer than needed to fire a round.

I carry my sig with one in the chamber and de-cocked so it's DA first shot
I carry my glock the same as you as well

just too much that can go wrong if you are under stress and have to draw, safety, rack, etc... the more variables you eliminate the better in my opinion

At least he didn't start in about safety bullets.

If a weapon is on me or in a bag its got to be ready to go. The holster the finger and the brain are the safety.

Last edited:
to the OP, next time tell him you Mexican carry....the look on his face should at minimum generate some free entertainment.

When i carry my Beretta Tomcat I carry chambered, full mag, safety off and hammer is up so first pull is DA.

simple 'STFU' explanation to idiots is, this is how a revolver functions!

Someone tried to tell me carrying with one in the chamber was unsafe. So I asked him if his super hero cops were bad people for carrying like that. He didn't say much on it after.

Dont take the internet too seriously.
The conversation was in person, I was showing them the facebook forum and going to enlighten them on NES however i refrained after the forthcoming disagreement

in my opinion you are unsafe and irresponsible if you carry in a way that you are not comfortable with and/or takes you longer than needed to fire a round.

I carry my sig with one in the chamber and de-cocked so it's DA first shot
I carry my glock the same as you as well

just too much that can go wrong if you are under stress and have to draw, safety, rack, etc... the more variables you eliminate the better in my opinion

Right so same as I do with glock and the SIG is the same as the Tomcat

to the OP, next time tell him you Mexican carry....the look on his face should at minimum generate some free entertainment.

I appendix carry alllllll the time with my glocks, 33/19 use a vanguard 2, sometimes thunderwear (won in karma, love it)[awesome for when there is no belt]

The only firearm I carry with the saftey on is my 1911,and it takes some training to draw your firearm take your saftey off, and then fire.

So after a discussion on Fbook classifieds about what condition you carry i actually had began a conversation with another gentleman in person about how they carry, how i carry. I told them 99 percent of the time i have my glock on me. 1 in the chamber, fully loaded clip. When i carry my Beretta Tomcat I carry chambered, full mag, safety off and hammer is up so first pull is DA.

This began them telling me how I was irresponsible and unsafe, basically i wanted to slap him with the tomcat by the end of this conversation.

If I choose to carry with my safety off and my hammer un-cocked because i feel safer about it knowing how short and soft the trigger break is you can KMFA. I know I can draw my Tomcat, bring it to target, pull DA and follow SA with all shots center mass. I know it will never cock itself inside my pocket. What the hell is wrong with some people... I can understand being opinionated on carrying cocked no safety... but whats the difference between how i carry and how you carry a revolver.

- end rant -

people are stupid. Know that and then move on with your life.

I carry a Kahr PM9 a lot lately as my carry gun. It's got a safety but I pretend it doesn't. Carry with a full mag and one in the pipe. When I carry my Glock 30, same thing...one in the pipe and full mag, gun has no external thumb safety obviously. When I carry my Sig P229, it has no safety but a DA/SA pull for first/subsequent.

So what's there argument exactly? "While safeties are stupid and useless on DAO guns, you're stupid and irresponsible if you don't use the stupid and useless feature"?

Safeties are silly nonsense on double action only/assisted double action striker guns with adequate trigger pulls.

a great deal of this misconception comes from the term "safety".
as we all know, modern handguns have multiple internal safety features that impart actual safety to the firearm.

for this reason i try to help new shooters use the term "thumb safety" and avoid calling it just "safety".
basically a "thumb safety" is a protection from the shooters own booger hook.

most of the misconception comes because noobs think the word "safety" means the firearm is somehow safer. whoever named the thumb-safety the term "safety" did a wrong to the whole gun world. a better term is "thumb toggle" or "external switch"....something along those lines.

also, people who yap on and on about the thumb safety typically have no understanding of the internal safety features of a firearm. last time i heard someone at the range say they didn't like glocks because no thumb safety....this same man had no understanding of the firing pin safety and other critical internal safety features.

Last edited:
So after a discussion on Fbook classifieds about what condition you carry i actually had began a conversation with another gentleman in person about how they carry, how i carry. I told them 99 percent of the time i have my glock on me. 1 in the chamber, fully loaded clip.

Points lost for calling a magazine a 'clip'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom