condition venting

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I know nothing about the tomcat. Never owned one, to the best of my recollection never even handled one.
Does it have a firing pin safety that operates independently of the frame mounted safety? Is there anything to keep it from discharging a round if dropped with the hammer down and safety off?

First off, I know nothing about the tomcat. Never owned one, to the best of my recollection never even handled one.
Does it have a firing pin safety that operates independently of the frame mounted safety? Is there anything to keep it from discharging a round if dropped with the hammer down and safety off?

No its a trigger/slide lock combo mechanism... if you carry cocked or half cocked and drop it, there is a chance of sear break and firing

No its a trigger/slide lock combo mechanism... if you carry cocked or half cocked and drop it, there is a chance of sear break and firing

Now that's a bit of a stretch isn't it?
Sorry, but then I must agree. Carrying with the safety off, hammer down on the FP with one in the chamber with no sort of FP safety is not entirely safe. No one in their right mind would carry a 1911 that way.

Sorry, but then I must agree. Carrying with the safety off, hammer down on the FP with one in the chamber with no sort of FP safety is not entirely safe. No one in their right mind would carry a 1911 that way.

Don't worry, it's not even close to a 1911...

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/3032-tomcat/#Main

[rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2]

For when a .380 is just "too big" for you... [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2]

Did it come with a free purse to carry it?? [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2]

I literally don't know of anyone that has one of these, has admitted to having one of these, or would ever consider owning one of these. At least as far as I know. That right there is grounds for man-card revocation.

And since you asked, a revolver has a hammer block. The firing pin can not touch the round unless the trigger is pulled.

I always thought that if you had the hammer hard enough on an older revolver (with the firing pin on the hammer as oppossed to a transfer bar) it could go off.

What about a beretta 92 cocked with the safety off in a chest holster lol.......

hu2e3ysa.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought that if you had the hammer hard enough on an older revolver (with the firing pin on the hammer as oppossed to a transfer bar) it could go off.

How old are we talking here? An old Colt SA revolver has no hammer block, that's why it's carried with only 5 rounds loaded. Modern revolvers do have hammer blocks. Take an UNLOADED modern revolver, pull and hold down the trigger. Now watch the hammer as you release the trigger. You will see it move up off the firing position as the trigger is released.

Don't worry, it's not even close to a 1911...

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/3032-tomcat/#Main

[rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2]

For when a .380 is just "too big" for you... [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2]

Did it come with a free purse to carry it?? [rofl2] [rofl2] [rofl2]

I literally don't know of anyone that has one of these, has admitted to having one of these, or would ever consider owning one of these. At least as far as I know. That right there is grounds for man-card revocation.

If its such a pussy gun, why don't you stand at 30 yards while i shoot a beer can out of your hand. You're free to keep your opinions to yourself next time.

My EDC is a glock 33, something to be said about anything smaller than a 45 i suppose?

What do you carry? 50 cal? maybe winchester 500? perhaps you have a tacti-cool shotgun you strap to your leg as a compensator.

Also, no it didnt come with the purse, i had to buy one for it...

If its such a pussy gun, why don't you stand at 30 yards while i shoot a beer can out of your hand. You're free to keep your opinions to yourself next time.

My EDC is a glock 33, something to be said about anything smaller than a 45 i suppose?

What do you carry? 50 cal? maybe winchester 500? perhaps you have a tacti-cool shotgun you strap to your leg as a compensator.

Also, no it didnt come with the purse, i had to buy one for it...

IF I thought you could hit the side of a barn (that you were aiming at) from INSIDE the barn with that, I'd take you up on that.

BTW, my carry pistol is a high capacity 1911 in .45 ACP... I hate grocks (I don't make that a secrete) and double action triggers (even DA/SA).

If you can't handle some ribbing over your tiny gun, you're on the wrong forums... Or maybe don't spell out what you're carrying if you're so insecure.

IF I thought you could hit the side of a barn (that you were aiming at) from INSIDE the barn with that, I'd take you up on that.

BTW, my carry pistol is a high capacity 1911 in .45 ACP... I hate grocks (I don't make that a secrete) and double action triggers (even DA/SA).

If you can't handle some ribbing over your tiny gun, you're on the wrong forums... Or maybe don't spell out what you're carrying if you're so insecure.

Right, I am insecure when the troll carrys the big stick ...

Right, I am insecure when the troll carrys the big stick ...

Pay no attention to him. He seems to think that he just has to put his 2 cents in every thread, problem is that his input isn't even worth that. 7000+ posts, maybe half a dozen worth reading. (I've never seen one, mind you, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt)

If i posted a short video showing the safety/trigger mechanisms would you guys be able to tell me how closely it resembles an actual 1911, im sure its the same as the 92

This whole thread needs to be drop tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom