Constitutional Carry tracker.

One of the priorities for McMaster is increasing the sentences for those found in illegal possession of a firearm, and the Senate Judiciary has tacked that measure on to two different pieces of legislation; one a bill creating a criminal offense for trafficking in fentanyl, with the other the Senate version of constitutional carry.

The enhanced gun penalties are one of the measures McMaster wants to see completed before the Legislature goes home for the year, but he doesn’t have a preference on which bill they use to pass them.

“Whether it’s on the fentanyl bill or constitutional carry, both are excellent bills I think, and I’ll sign them,” he said.

🐯

LOL. Wild West. The closest state to us that doesn’t have Constitutional Carry is a days drive. Edwards will veto this again but we get a new Governor next year
Louisiana is screwy. The French heritage is strong: "We don't care how everyone else does it, we'll do it a different way."

(My lovely bride is from LA, and our two oldest offspring were born there.)

LOL. Wild West. The closest state to us that doesn’t have Constitutional Carry is a days drive. Edwards will veto this again but we get a new Governor next year

I thought I heard one of the online pundents saying that this time around the legislature had a veto proof majority onboard and as long as they held fast they could pass it over the governor's veto. Was that not right?

🐯

I thought I heard one of the online pundents saying that this time around the legislature had a veto proof majority onboard and as long as they held fast they could pass it over the governor's veto. Was that not right?

🐯
Correct. Passed the House with a Veto-proof majority last week.

For historical reference, it passed the House AND Senate with veto-proof majorities in 2021 as well. Governor vetoed it after the legislative session ended. Legislature met for an unprecedented "veto session" in the summer (for only the 2nd time in the state's history) to attempt to override the Governor's veto on this and some other proposed legislation. The Governor was able to "convince" (read bribe or some other favor) a handful of traitors to change their vote in the veto override session to kill it.

Last year it also passed the House with veto-proof majority, but they gutted the bill in the Senate.

This year still pushing for it, but don't see how it makes it through with a Dem governor. Bill was launched in April at the beginning of the session. Finally got through the House and we are almost in June. Session ends near the end of June, so need to get it through the Senate in a few weeks, but then the Gov can veto it again.

Having a pro-2A Republican Governor solves this issue.

Many I've spoken with are quite fine with this.
Yes.

I am sure that you can find a few cops that are pro-2A but The MA state police association doesn’t come out in support of loosening gun restrictions. Same deal in LA. I can find a few beat cops that would support it but Louisiana Sheriffs Association has opposed this.

If this ends up passing in the Senate, and gets closer to being real I send all the links in the local news media here detailing out how the Governor, all the Dems, the RINOS and the LA Sheriff’s Association are against this and it will cause “wild Wild West” and blood in the streets and other apocalyptic predictions despite 26 other states not experiencing anything like it

I have a FL CCW so this won't apply to me, however, worth pointing out since I always enjoy making fun of how retarded the FL state (also county/city) government is.

On July 1st, FL is a "Constitutional Carry" state. Nevermind the fact that open carry is banned, whatever. Anyway, no CCW needed! Unless you plan on doing something crazy, like driving, walking, biking or moving around in general. Why? law demands a CCW in order to carry a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school. Get caught? Felony conviction stuck right up your ass! [rofl]

I like this because FL didnt bother to warn anyone about this and people are apparently just catching onto it enough where the perceived gains from this passing are gone. FL puts most of its schools on major roads which would make it incredibly hard to not violate the school zone law. Essentially all for nothing. Not how it was sold though, eh?

Last edited:
I had a Florida ccw for many years, but let it lapse in May because they accept my current state of residence license (not MA). Should I assume I'm good to go, or do I need the Florida ccw still. I went to read the bill, but don't feel like reading through 106 pages.

I had a Florida ccw for many years, but let it lapse in May because they accept my current state of residence license (not MA). Should I assume I'm good to go, or do I need the Florida ccw still. I went to read the bill, but don't feel like reading through 106 pages.
You should be good to conceal carry without a permit in FL come July 1st. Open carry is still prohibited.

My guess is that there is a significant difference in opinions between rank and file police officers and "bosses." Chiefs may have personal feelings, but will subordinate those to what the city council, board of selectman, town manager, or mayor want.

Many I've spoken with are quite fine with this.

I'm not sure what the answer is on that. I don't know if out of state CCW's bypass the federal law that is making this issue in the 1st place. Nowhere near an expert on this stuff.

IANAL, but I wonder if the federal law applies to someone who LEGALLY carries a firearm in a state that doesn't require a CCW. Legal as in they are not a PP.

I'm not sure what the answer is on that. I don't know if out of state CCW's bypass the federal law that is making this issue in the 1st place. Nowhere near an expert on this stuff.

New Governor being elected this fall. The candidate leading in the polls was just endorsed by Steve Scalise:

My favorite part of the article:

More recently, Landry promised as governor that he would make constitutional carry a reality in Louisiana.

“The current Gov. of this state has vetoed constitutional carry, but we’re going in and passing that,” he said.

I have a FL CCW so this won't apply to me, however, worth pointing out since I always enjoy making fun of how retarded the FL state (also county/city) government is.

On July 1st, FL is a "Constitutional Carry" state. Nevermind the fact that open carry is banned, whatever. Anyway, no CCW needed! Unless you plan on doing something crazy, like driving, walking, biking or moving around in general. Why? law demands a CCW in order to carry a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school. Get caught? Felony conviction stuck right up your ass! [rofl]

I like this because FL didnt bother to warn anyone about this and people are apparently just catching onto it enough where the perceived gains from this passing are gone. FL puts most of its schools on major roads which would make it incredibly hard to not violate the school zone law. Essentially all for nothing. Not how it was sold though, eh?
So, it's not "Constitutional Carry". [rofl]

I always chuckle when I read the applicable text to another state’s “constitutional carry” statute and its several or dozens of pages long. Every state needs to be like NH and keep it simple.

NH RSA 159:6
III. The availability of a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver under this section or under any other provision of law shall not be construed to impose a prohibition on the unlicensed transport or carry of a firearm in a vehicle, or on or about one's person, whether openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, by a resident, nonresident, or alien if that individual is not otherwise prohibited by statute from possessing a firearm in the state of New Hampshire.

One sentence. That’s it.

So, it's not "Constitutional Carry". [rofl]
Is this about Florida law § 790.06, or the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990?

Because no state's "Constitutional Carry" law can override the federal act.

Best NH was able to do is forbid our NH law enforcement from helping enforce federal law. Arizona tried to update state law to claim that the constitution is their permit...

Is this about Florida law § 790.06, or the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990?

Best NH was able to do is forbid our NH law enforcement from helping enforce federal law. Arizona tried to update state law to claim that the constitution is their permit...
I wouldn't consider a state that bans open carry to be constitutional carry

No, but the lack of a corresponding state law creating GFSZs in NH means you're essentially safe from enforcement as the feds aren't patrolling the schools and as you mentioned, NH LE isn't supposed to help the feds.

Back
Top Bottom