• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cross bow permit

wjsmall97

NES Member
Has anyone had to get a permission slip to use a crossbow in the archery season.
I am 65 with tendonitis and arthritis in my left shoulder ( Iam left handed ),
I tried to get my doctor to give N.H. Fish and Game the info that they needed
but they wanted more, so now I have to do a face to face with my doctor, even though he knows what is going on with my shoulder.

I have done it in Mass and it is pretty straightforward. Get the form filled out and sent in and I had the permit in a few weeks.

Whenever I do forms like this I always complete them as much as possible, have the doc fill out the required part, and take it with me to put in the mail so that it doesn’t get lost in the doctors office.

Here is a link to the NH form if it helps:
https://www.wildlife.nh.gov/sites/g/files/ehbemt746/files/documents/disabled-crossbow-permit.pdf

Good luck,

Bob

Once you go with a Crossbow , in Ma you can't use a bow anymore. It's not reversible.🤬🤬🤬🤬
Same with N.H., but I don't think I could hold a hunting weight compound bow back anyways.
I wonder how that would work if you were allowed to use a crossbow if you qualified to use it by the age requirement and not medical.

Back
Top Bottom