Desert Eagle Megathread…

Manufacturers probably always say firing pins are supposed to last forever. But if you shoot a lot, you've replaced some. Am I wrong?
I’ve never needed to replace firing pins in any of my guns before. Well I guess technically a gunsmith at Dan Wesson replaced a firing pin on my DW 22lr revolver but only because I had an old style FP which was more prone to light strikes.

wow, that's a really odd breakage. A good sized portion of the pin snapped off. the DE pins are pretty robust by design.
But they are not Andrew1220 robust.

That should be a thing in the gun industry, they could charge more for having that designation. It means the average person will probably never be able to break it.

I never heard a manufacturer claim this.
I just got off the phone with MR and the guy said he hadn’t heard of this happening before but said it’s certainly not impossible. Thinks it was just a fluke and the replacement FP should last me the rest of my life….I don’t think he knows about my track record with guns…🤣

Allow me to rephrase: "Probably all manufacturers treat firing pin breakage as a sort of fluke, or due to some other issue, rather than as a part with a MTF."

Allow me to rephrase: "Probably all manufacturers treat firing pin breakage as a sort of fluke, or due to some other issue, rather than as a part with a MTF."
You're talking about a small piece of metal whose sole job is to slam against another piece of metal. I would expect that to be one of the most likely to break - probably tied with extractors.

edit:
When I started shooting, folks were saying the AR-owner's equivalent to a "Save a Dive" kit is a bolt and a firing pin - here's one of the Magpul MOE pistol grip cores:
057_3_1.jpg

Last edited:
Though I did finally break the hangers on my gong target when I was shooting it with my AR x39 today😂. The steel gong is starting to crack too. I haven’t replaced the hangers or steel plate in a couple years. No idea how many thousands of rifle and pistol rounds it has seen.
8B8750D8-8B24-4D7D-928C-A167451D0F6E.jpeg 364FEEFA-29FA-44B4-9697-FE8074177812.jpeg 52959680-13AF-4C48-BA80-94A5EBAF46B2.jpeg
Got a fresh target and rubber hangers now.
8FAE9613-D740-4DC0-9F68-B4A3522E961C.jpeg

Though I did finally break the hangers on my gong target when I was shooting it with my AR x39 today😂. The steel gong is starting to crack too. I haven’t replaced the hangers or steel plate in a couple years. No idea how many thousands of rifle and pistol rounds it has seen.
View attachment 535586View attachment 535587View attachment 535589
Got a fresh target and rubber hangers now.
View attachment 535588
Ive been using tow chain since its sold in pairs for not a lot. Wish I used cheaper pipe though lol. Not sure what we hit it with, for how off target it was, im guessing 7.62x39

20210820_122506.jpg

As long as you don't have the old version. You can buy the 50AE kit and shoot 50AE. I mean, who doesn't like making bigger holes

I need to stay away from this thread or I'm going to end up with the Joe Exotic Special. Seriously, I want one of those not only for the fun of shooting it but to shoot at the range while wearing my most fabulous shirt.

tiger-king-joe-exotic-netflix2-1024x784.jpg
DesertEagleTigerStripes-1024x614.jpg

I wonder how many months of Rogaine I'll need to grow a mullet? (Probably more than I have left...)

I need to stay away from this thread or I'm going to end up with the Joe Exotic Special. Seriously, I want one of those not only for the fun of shooting it but to shoot at the range while wearing my most fabulous shirt.

tiger-king-joe-exotic-netflix2-1024x784.jpg
DesertEagleTigerStripes-1024x614.jpg

I wonder how many months of Rogaine I'll need to grow a mullet? (Probably more than I have left...)
a golden gun really only works in pair with a golden toilet.
1648035949316.png

Back
Top Bottom