Desert Eagle Megathread…

My new arrival this week. Desert Eagle 44 Mag plus 50AE barrel with muzzle brake in distressed white. Grim Reaper model. I didn’t think I would like the distressed white until I actually saw it in person. A lot nicer than photos. Also came with 4. 44 mag mags and 3 50 ae mags and 200 rounds of 44 mag and 2 boxes of 50 ae. All from a private sale. Brand new never fired.

Attachments

• 7DE3B761-E5DF-41F0-B5C3-2DC12224C338.jpeg
    7DE3B761-E5DF-41F0-B5C3-2DC12224C338.jpeg
    467 KB · Views: 79
My new arrival this week. Desert Eagle 44 Mag plus 50AE barrel with muzzle brake in distressed white. Grim Reaper model. I didn’t think I would like the distressed white until I actually saw it in person. A lot nicer than photos. Also came with 4. 44 mag mags and 3 50 ae mags and 200 rounds of 44 mag and 2 boxes of 50 ae. All from a private sale. Brand new never fired.

That's a lot of boom!

Siiiiick. Great score

I would imagine so. Tiger stripe 50 went for over 5 k recently
That is so stupid, everyone outside of MA can order from MR, the wait is probably 6+ months, but still, I doubt they are $5K from them.

Paying $100-300 because you want it today, fine.
Paying $2K+ is pretty stupid, specially when most people will maybe put 20 rounds through it.

I just went to their custom website. It doesn't have the gold option, but I built a white tiger stripe for $3,093.00

Maybe the gold was limited?

Last edited:
This morning I went to a gun show here in SC. One dealer had 2 used DEs. One was in .44 magnum and the other in .357 (I think.) Saw a couple of dealers selling flamethrowers, lots of automatic knives, soda can launchers, brass knuckles...the usual free state stuff. I think the DE in .44 mag was priced at $1800.

You would be correct. But in 'merica sometimes ya' just gotta' own something stupid that puts massive grin on your face.

I thought that once, too. It's why I bought a Deagle myself years ago. I ditched it very quickly.

That is sweet. I have my DE 3 barrel set at Ford's Custom Guns in Florida to be brushed hard chromed. I am not a blued finish guy and I realize the polished blue finish is VERY nice, but I prefer hard chrome - much easier to clean and looks badass.

However I didn't ship the scope rings to be HC'd. I did include the scope base/rail to be HC'd though. I figured if the scope is blued, having the scope rings HC'd shouldn't matter too much. I hope to have it back in October.

So I got a phone call from Ford’s earlier this morning. They wanted to know if I had the gun refinished previously. I said no I believe this is how it came from the factory with the “polished blue” finish. She thinks it was refinished because there are no edges as everything has been “melted” or rounded. She’s like ya I wanted to let you know we can’t bring back those edges. I’m like ya I understand you can’t rework the shape of the metal 😂

I did notice it was very smooth and there were no sharp edges etc. I just figured that’s how it came from the bluing process🤷🏻‍♂️

Whatever. She says they’re working on it now and she hopes to have it ready to ship in a couple more weeks😬😬
Figured I'd post in this thread rather than in the 50AE DE thread....

Got another phone call from Fords today. They told me the 10 inch barrel has a couple small pieces of metal missing from the muzzle end. I'm like wtf?! So she texts me photos and says they can round/blend it in for $40 or weld it and then blend it down for $70.
123_1.jpeg 123_1.jpeg

I literally have no recollection of this damage but then again I only shot the 10 inch barrel once and had it stored away the whole time I’ve had the gun. Hmmm. I don’t have any before photos but I think they damaged it as it’s quite obvious and I feel like I would have noticed it.
Whatever, $70 to strip off the HC, weld and blend isn’t a tough pill to swallow. Still annoying.

Anyway, good news is that it will be shipping in the next week or 2.

I was going to say “Are flip-flops/thongs OSHA approved footwear for a metal shop?”

But yeah, seems sketchy.

Figured I'd post in this thread rather than in the 50AE DE thread....

Got another phone call from Fords today. They told me the 10 inch barrel has a couple small pieces of metal missing from the muzzle end. I'm like wtf?! So she texts me photos and says they can round/blend it in for $40 or weld it and then blend it down for $70.
View attachment 802091View attachment 802092

I literally have no recollection of this damage but then again I only shot the 10 inch barrel once and had it stored away the whole time I’ve had the gun. Hmmm. I don’t have any before photos but I think they damaged it as it’s quite obvious and I feel like I would have noticed it.
Whatever, $70 to strip off the HC, weld and blend isn’t a tough pill to swallow. Still annoying.

Anyway, good news is that it will be shipping in the next week or 2.
So, you're to believe they found that damage after they stripped the bluing, but before they applied the HC, but that it must have been there when they received it? Does their process not include a receiving inspection step?

I was going to say “Are flip-flops/thongs OSHA approved footwear for a metal shop?”

But yeah, seems sketchy.
Hey, it's Florida so.... [laugh]

They've been in business since the 80s and do all of the refinishing for magnum research so they're definitely legit. I just think someone at the shop damaged it - maybe from removing the front sight?? And now they're claiming it was like that when they received it.

Being that it was blued, if chunks of metal were missing, I should have seen shiny barel metal on the muzzle end. Which would have been really obvious.

So, you're to believe they found that damage after they stripped the bluing, but before they applied the HC, but that it must have been there when they received it? Does their process not include a receiving inspection step?
Yup. After stripping the bluing AND after applying the HC finish...Definitely seems suspect

Yup. After stripping the bluing AND after applying the HC finish...Definitely seems suspect
I would definitely ask why they're only bringing it to your attention now. Even if it was dinged without affecting the bluing, how did they not notice it until after stripping, polishing all surfaces, then recoating?

Back
Top Bottom