• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Desert Eagle Megathread…

Forgot I had a Bushnell 2-6 pistol scope kicking around. Decided to throw it on just to make it a little easier to see my 8" plate at 120 yards. The 2X Simmons scope would probably work at that distance but not ideal. I also like the slightly longer eye relief on the Bushnell.

So obnoxiously big but hey it works 😂
Looking forward to this weekends range trip. Will also bring the chronograph to see what my reloads are running out of that giant barrel. I’m guessing 1500ish fps at least.
5A37FA05-5CEB-444F-A57B-DF43654EA3BC.jpeg

Installed the hook style safety levers to allow a better/easier grip on the slide. Not a polished blue finish (almost parkerized?) like the old one but can’t be too picky.
Magnum Research shipped out the parts next day. Their customer service is top notch.

7EC87125-C7AE-4EE9-A114-88E08EF6CF38.jpeg E9E20763-9064-4E03-A1B6-2F0A95FFFA60.jpeg

......................................... so if you get a shoulder holster for your Desert Eagle are you supposed to buy two to balance out the weight?
Asking for a friend

Only IWB holster I can find is in Slovenia

Last edited:
Forgot I had a Bushnell 2-6 pistol scope kicking around. Decided to throw it on just to make it a little easier to see my 8" plate at 120 yards. The 2X Simmons scope would probably work at that distance but not ideal. I also like the slightly longer eye relief on the Bushnell.

So obnoxiously big but hey it works 😂
Looking forward to this weekends range trip. Will also bring the chronograph to see what my reloads are running out of that giant barrel. I’m guessing 1500ish fps at least.
View attachment 637606
now it wants a proper stock to complete the picture:

1663031442448.png

......................................... so if you get a shoulder holster for your Desert Eagle are you supposed to buy two to balance out the weight?
Asking for a friend

Only IWB holster I can find is in Slovenia
Yes

What a waste of time.

And by "waste of time," I mean I just wasted almost two hours watching this guy blow shit up.

"What are you doing? Come to bed."
"Yeah. In a minute..."
I’ve wasted a lot of sleep time between Kentucky Ballistics and Demolition Ranch. “Today, we’re going to shoot X with Y and see what happens.” What an interesting concept.

I just watched the video ... 475K PSI ... HOLY SH*T.

The fact that you can do that and still have a hand is amazing, great engineering.
but, damn. i personally will never get one. it just turns me off completely, a stories like that.

still, i think, the 44mag version is supposed to be relatively safe, right?

but, damn. i personally will never get one. it just turns me off completely, a stories like that.

You induce a bore obstruction in a 44mag, whether its a Desert Eagle, Model 29 or anything else, you’ll likely have similar results. Maybe a Taurus would be fine /s

You induce a bore obstruction in a 44mag, whether its a Desert Eagle, Model 29 or anything else, you’ll likely have similar results. Maybe a Taurus would be fine /s
i did not watch the utube there, was it blown up due to the factual obstruction? or just exceeded limits of a structural integrity?

Every gun can blow up. The question is HOW it is going to blow up. (Unless it is a hi-point, those don't blow up).

Some rifles literally blow the f*ck up. MR guns seem to be engineered to cause as little harm as possible. Remember my BFR that blew up and I didn't have a single scratch?

If anything, it should make you feel better.

This gun was fired with almost 10x the max PSI, it could have been much, much worse.

Every gun can blow up. The question is HOW it is going to blow up. (Unless it is a hi-point, those don't blow up).

Some rifles literally blow the f*ck up. MR guns seem to be engineered to cause as little harm as possible. Remember my BFR that blew up and I didn't have a single scratch?

If anything, it should make you feel better.

This gun was fired with almost 10x the max PSI, it could have been much, much worse.
Exactly. If you want to get a gun that won’t blow up, get a hi-point, especially the yeet cannon.

i did not watch the utube there, was it blown up due to the factual obstruction? or just exceeded limits of a structural integrity?
Watch the video. He intentionally induced a catastrophic failure with a bore obstruction. The 50AE case pressures are about 50k psi. His bore obstruction multiplied that to roughly 475k psi. I’m actually impressed that the design failed the way it did and sent most of the catastrophic force away from the dummy’s face and hand. You may have been injured, but you wouldn’t have been seriously injured, nevermind killed.

may not be sarc. if you define "fine" as does not negatively affect the value of the firearm..... well then the Taurus will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom