• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

did i ever tell you i like revolvers?

greencobra

NES Member
well, in case i didn't...i do. when i started shooting, back in the dark ages, it was all revolvers. you old timers remember. a semi auto pistol was a rare animal and most definitely it would be a 1911 .45acp or a .22 target pistol. first 9mm's i ever saw was a smith 39 & 59. once in a while you'd see a smith 52, 38 wad cutter semi, show up at a match. i started shooting pistol league with a k-22 6" revolver. but i have a nice little collection of revolvers and i know i've mentioned my favorites are the smith model 10 38 sp and the ruger speed six series shooting .357. more recently i've taken to that ruger gp-100 .357, a sweet revolver. i have one with a 3" bbl. i always have a couple wheel guns when i go to the club. much fun. who else has a revolver fetish? out yourselves.

don’t think they are obsolete, they are just a niche handgun. One of the very few guns I regret dragging my feet on, is a 10-3. Beautiful revolver that was in incredible shape for short money.

I swear I’ve gone backwards when it comes to my personal gun trends. I got into ARs back in 05 or so, and so into them and “tactical” pistols, with some dabbling in “tactical” shotguns. And now, as my shooting buddies see it, I’m into FUDD shit. Shotguns for clays and hunting, lever actions and revolvers.

I’ve got a strong itch for a side gate Henry in 30/30 and even stronger one for a Smith PC 19 Carry Comp

Me.

Love my revolvers. Model 10? Love it. M1917? Love it. Model 36? Love it. Webley .455? Love it. Ruger Blackhawk in .357? Love it. Webley .38? Not so much.

I've gathered a lot of wheelguns over the years. I still carry a couple.

Me too, when my parents passed, it started with their 3. Rossi snub dad carried everyday, 19-3 he bought new , and moms 15. I always lusted after DW when younger so added 15-2, 40, 375, and 7445 (wish it was blue) and about 8 different barrels. And had to have a 500, so the 10” was added. Im still looking for more DW, and thinking a 460 might be fun. Edit: forgot about the 8”686+

Last edited:
A portion of the revolver collection out for a cleaning. Keep an eye out in the classified, some of these will be there soon.

I drop the whole revolver into the ultrasonic cleaner with a little dish soap and simple green. Into bucket of distilled water for a rinse, then into a bucket of rubbing alchol for water displacement, followed by a compressed air dry. Grips off of course.

revolve.JPG

Last edited:
I love a nice wheel gun. My favorite by far is my S&W 29. I wanted one ever since I was a kid and saw the Dirty Harry movies.
It is also the most accurate hand gun I own. If I ever had to make a very accurate, life or death shot, I would hope I could get my 29 in my hands.
And it's no safe queen. Whenever I take a new shooter to the range, I always end with the 29, loaded with 44 special of course.
It's like shooting 22 because the gun is so heavy. Then I always ask if they would like to try a couple 44 mag rounds, just so they can say they did it.
The smiles are priceless.

1693056757022.jpeg

I started out buying black, scary looking semi autos :)cool:) but I have gravitated over to revolvers.... never forget the magazines when on a trip to the range...
686 6"
686 5"
625 JM
Just getting warmed up. I want to get a few Rugers next to compare to S&W models.

Back
Top Bottom