• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

did i ever tell you i like revolvers?

That’s all I had at one point. I saw no need for semis.
Hell, I’ve carried my .45 Blackhawk quite a bit and never felt under gunned. (Regular guy, not an action hero)
Slowly I started getting rid of them as I started getting more accustomed to semi autos.
I’ve got a couple left.
I look at the new ones they’re making and they’re just missing something.
I don’t think I’ll buy one again, the new ones suck and the old ones are shot out and overpriced.

My holy grail gun is an old K-17

A Model 10 is also on my wish list

Someday
Model 10's that are blued and have holster wear can sometimes be found as low as $400 or so if they are snub or 4 inch,

You can touch up pretty easily. I got mine at a pawn shop.. Now for home defense.. I recommend the highest capacity gun you can have. My choice is the Sig P226R .40 (dad gave it to me) it has the 15 round mag and the 12 round standard mag with a TLR light.. its the only "modern gun I own:.

My EDC is the S&W Model 10 Snubnose.. during the week House-Car safe- work then home.

On weekends I do the S&W Model 64 or my S&W 3913 or my grandfathers S&W 6946 (preban).

My dream gun would be a Dan Wesson.. with ALL the barrels.. Its the Sig p365 of revolvers,

Attachments

• IMG_7741.jpg
    IMG_7741.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 19
Model 10's that are blued and have holster wear can sometimes be found as low as $400 or so if they are snub or 4 inch,

You can touch up pretty easily. I got mine at a pawn shop.. Now for home defense.. I recommend the highest capacity gun you can have. My choice is the Sig P226R .40 (dad gave it to me) it has the 15 round mag and the 12 round standard mag with a TLR light.. its the only "modern gun I own:.

My EDC is the S&W Model 10 Snubnose.. during the week House-Car safe- work then home.

On weekends I do the S&W Model 64 or my S&W 3913 or my grandfathers S&W 6946 (preban).

My dream gun would be a Dan Wesson.. with ALL the barrels.. Its the Sig p365 of revolvers,
A pristine pretty much BNIB Model 13 `1982 production date with no trace of a ring on the cylinder scratched that itch, but someday I will find a Model 10 like my Dad carried when he was a PT cop

A 1980 vintage Model 60 filled the J frame itch

A fetish, no. An appreciation, certainly.

Love single action. Blued revolvers that have plum discoloration are nice. Lots of different sized frames for first time and casual shooters. I used to pick up a case of mini-mag for the 'hunting camp' with the brother in laws and close family friends. That trip is coming up and I won't be there. Life changes. The newest kids, grand kids, of those same hunters/attendees will be there. .22 NAA mini to Ruger Bearcat to .44 Mag. With corresponding lever/bolt/carbine rifles.
Not one of mine but an example of the plum coloring as it aged:
1693089822247.png

Single action fan. Hell, even my rifle is a single action revolver.

Bearcat 'cuz the wife loves it, Single Six 'cuz magnum cylinder, 1858 Remington replica 'cuz I can load the conversion cylinder with laser cartridges.

I love most Revos, HOWEVER.....

Yesterday at the Worcester Pin match I had the unfortunate experience to see a most disgusting Ruger. I'm pretty certain that it was an 8 shot .357 Redhawk and the poor fellow had just gotten it and was attempting to shoot it for the first time. The machine marks on the rear of the cylinder were so pronounced that I was surprised that they let it out of the factory. It completely locked up when trying to index on two chambers. You couldn't cock the hammer or pull the trigger through double action. I dry fired it on a couple of empty chambers and it was so rough, I couldn't believe it! The unfortunate owner explained that he had gotten it through Gun-Broker. (more like Gun-Broken!) I don't know or ask what shop it came through however I counseled him to contact Ruger immediately and arrange for a return to the factory for a complete going over. I felt so bad for him.

Back
Top Bottom