Do you keep a lawyers phone number in your wallet, cell, blackberry etc just in case?

Do you have a lawyers number in case of an emergency?

• I have a lawyers number, but I've never talked to him/her

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • I have a lawyers number and I've had a conversation with him/her

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • I don't have a lawyers number but think I should get one just in case

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • I don't have a lawyers number and I'll deal with it if something ever comes up

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Lawyer, I don't need no stinking lawyer!

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Rockrivr1

NES Member
During the Marlboro Firefly's BBQ Meet and Greet, I was talking with Joe G and he mentioned that he kept a lawyer's business card in his wallet in case he ever needed a lawyer quick. It got me thinking. If I ever was involved in a gun related incident, or any incident, where I needed a lawyer right away I would have no idea who to call.

So I'm wondering, how many of you keep a lawyers number on your person? Also, for those of you that do have a lawyer's number, have you actually talked to this lawyer just to let him know you are keeping his number in the event of an emergency?

I know there are a couple of lawyers on the board who are pretty knowledgable in relation to gun laws. For them, would you pick up a case from someone you've never heard from before if they called you at Odark30 looking for representation in a self defense situation?

I've been thinking that I should start at least carrying a lawyers number with me and maybe even introduce myself to that lawyer for the "Just in Case" scenario. If I learned one thing from this board it's that if you are involved in a situation that you had to use your gun to get out of, shut up and don't say a word to LE until you've talked with a lawyer.

So how about you?

I'm actually using a lawyer currently, something unrelated to firearms. If I needed something I'd call him.

My sister is a lawyer in MD, but we don't really speak. I suppose if I were desperate enough, I could give her a call on a general law question.

Were you specifically asking in a firearms related context or need-to-talk-to-a-lawyer-now context?

I'm actually using a lawyer currently, something unrelated to firearms. If I needed something I'd call him.

My sister is a lawyer in MD, but we don't really speak. I suppose if I were desperate enough, I could give her a call on a general law question.

Were you specifically asking in a firearms related context or need-to-talk-to-a-lawyer-now context?

I was thinking more on a firearms related side. That seems to be something where you need representation immediately.

I have mine in my wallet and on speed dial on my cell.
+1 And I spoke with her and have a "backup" she recommended in there as well (to whom I have not spoken).

That said, I have moved 850 miles from where they practice, and I really should re-up with a couple of NH- and MA-licensed attorneys.

It would seem that 50% of the respondents have a lawyer and have talked to them. Sounds like a good plan. I'm thinking that for people like me who want to get a lawyer lined up for the "just in case" scenario, we should start a sticky somewhere listing contact information for pro-gun lawyers. Might even help out those who indicated that they will deal with getting a lawyer if something happens.

What do you thing? If not, would some of you mind PMing me who you are set up with. I'd like to get someone lined up.

It would seem that 50% of the respondents have a lawyer and have talked to them. Sounds like a good plan. I'm thinking that for people like me who want to get a lawyer lined up for the "just in case" scenario, we should start a sticky somewhere listing contact information for pro-gun lawyers. Might even help out those who indicated that they will deal with getting a lawyer if something happens.

What do you thing? If not, would some of you mind PMing me who you are set up with. I'd like to get someone lined up.

There are at least two on the board, Cross-X and Scriever (Sorry I think I spelled it wrong) come to mind. They both are in MA. I thought there was another post discussing competent gun lawyers.

I have my mother's phone number (who's a lawyer), but not a firearms expert at all.

Are there any board lawyers who want to give me their phone number?

I have two lawyers phone numbers memorized. One I've used in court before on a firearms licensing problem, and a second one, from this board who I will use if another situation "comes up", and I can't connect with my first attorney.

I feel very confident about the lawyer who represented me before, Karen MacNutt, and would use her again in a minute. I would also feel very confident with either Cross X or Scrivener, who have both been generous with their time and knowledge in this forum. They both seem very well qualified, though I would want to talk to them in person before I made my decision, and not base it on how I judge them in this forum.

It's MOST IMPORTANT to have an attorney with SPECIFIC firearms background. There are way too many nooks and crannies of the Massachusetts laws to trust your future in your family's real estate or civil lawyer. Like a fire extinguisher or a gun, I am not one to wait until I need one to get one.

There are other lawyers in Mass who have the reputation as good "Gun" Lawyers. Ask around at Goal, or your local club. I think it's worth the money for a consult with a local attorney, just to get to know them, their style, and start to forge a relationship with them. When the time comes that you need them, money will probably not be the big issue.

Even a gun-carrying lawyer could need a lawyer too should armed self-defense prove necessary.

I have mine.

We all assume that the esteemed attorney here knows the old adage that the lawyer who defends himself in court has a fool for a client.

That said, I do have a lawyer's info available should the need come up, and that guy happens to be a NES member. [wink]

Agreed. It seems it would be wise to go down that path as well.

Back
Top Bottom