Dog Killed By Hunter

Don't get me wrong, I know coyote come in various colors, but none that look like this...

20071204__TFront~p2.jpg

No, not that it really matters, however I would be more apt to take a defensive posture at a Doberman off leash with no owner in sight charging at me.

My incidents in the woods were with mongrel mixes in a small pack. My incidents on the beach
(both times) were with Rottweillers, one time just a single one, the other two of them. No
breed is less aggressive when in a pack. Individually maybe, in a pack never. I'm not going to
stop and pet Fido to find out that hard way he likes hand meat, nor am I going to wait to see if
he wants to do his meat shopping on the hoof. Dogs are dangerous period. Dogs in the woods
either alone or with a pack are very dangerous, always. I treat them the way I treat any
animal I see in the woods, with a lot of caution and ready at all times to counter a threat
with deadly force if necessary. Disney cartoons are quite different from reality.

+1 TBP!

If you ever want to hear some stories about dogs attacking in the woods, ask our member "Springer" he has had quite a few run-ins with off leash dogs charging him...

My incidents in the woods were with mongrel mixes in a small pack. My incidents on the beach
(both times) were with Rottweillers, one time just a single one, the other two of them. No
breed is less aggressive when in a pack. Individually maybe, in a pack never. I'm not going to
stop and pet Fido to find out that hard way he likes hand meat, nor am I going to wait to see if
he wants to do his meat shopping on the hoof. Dogs are dangerous period. Dogs in the woods
either alone or with a pack are very dangerous, always. I treat them the way I treat any
animal I see in the woods, with a lot of caution and ready at all times to counter a threat
with deadly force if necessary. Disney cartoons are quite different from reality.

Carrying some of this stuff would be a good idea, assuming you didn't wnat to go straight to stronger measures.

http://www.rei.com/product/722005

I agree with the bear spray, and just so everyone knows, you do not need an FID/LTC to buy it in this state, and the last time I was at Four Seasons, I saw some hanging up on the wall.

Bear spray

I agree with the bear spray, and just so everyone knows, you do not need an FID/LTC to buy it in this state, and the last time I was at Four Seasons, I saw some hanging up on the wall.
You can buy bear spray without an FID but you can`t buy pepper spray without an FID?
Unbelievable.

And just where is that exemption found in the MGL?

G.L.c. 140, § 129B. Firearm identification cards; conditions

If a firearm identification card is issued for the sole purpose of purchasing or possessing chemical mace, pepper spray or other similarly propelled liquid, gas or powder designed to temporarily incapacitate, such card shall clearly state that such card is valid for such limited purpose only.

"Cabbage Juice"

The VERY Best Anti Canine Repellant is good old Ammonia NH3.

Anti Canine Repellant or Cabbage Juice

But more than a sniff of this toxic, reactive, and corrosive gas can make one very ill indeed. It can, in fact, be fatal. Ammonia is pretty nasty stuff. Nevertheless, it is also an extremely important bulk chemical widely used in fertilizers, plastics, and explosives.

Mix it up 50/50 with some white Vinegar. Do this outside!

It makes "Cabbage Juice"

pour it in a big ass SQUIRTGUN! or squirt bottle with emergency backup tool

7-32.jpg

When accostied by a Dog give them a squirt. Works on CATS also(Just for fun)

CAUTION: May attract SKUNKS!

pepe-le-pew.gif

And just where is that exemption found in the MGL?

G.L.c. 140, § 129B. Firearm identification cards; conditions

Simply because Bear repellent isn't classified as mace or pepper spray (ammo in this state), but rather a pesticide in this state.

Go into any outdoors store (REI, EMS) and where they have their bear repellent for sale, they will have a displayed permit for selling chemical pesticide.

Simply because Bear repellent isn't classified as mace or pepper spray (ammo in this state), but rather a pesticide in this state.

Go into any outdoors store (REI, EMS) and where they have their bear repellent for sale, they will have a displayed permit for selling chemical pesticide.

Running "bear /2 pesticide" and "bear /2 repellant" did not produce any relevant hits in the CMR or MGL. Classifying ursines with cockroaches and ants strikes me as a stretch, but I've heard of it working for getting pepper spray into Canada.

It bears looking into. [wink]

Does that mean if you use bear repellent on a mugger, you need to say how big his teeth looked and how hairy he was? [rofl]

Running "bear /2 pesticide" and "bear /2 repellant" did not produce any relevant hits in the CMR or MGL. Classifying ursines with cockroaches and ants strikes me as a stretch, but I've heard of it working for getting pepper spray into Canada.

It bears looking into. [wink]

So what would the legality be if a person used the bear repellent on certain types of bipedal pests that might enter your home without an invitation? Just curious.

So what would the legality be if a person used the bear repellent on certain types of bipedal pests that might enter your home without an invitation? Just curious.

Don't know, but if I am in my house, and I use it, it would only be to give me what time I need to draw my weapon and stop the threat. For that reason, I keep http://www.counterassault.com spray in reach of my door.

Protect the Family Joules

Protect the Family Joules with one of these Electric BEAR Fences.

I was in Tracor Supply a couple odays ago talking with the sales girl about setting up a couple aceas of electric fence an she reccommended the Zarba

Most powerful animal-control fencer made in USA
200 mile range
20 stored joules of power; 15 joule output at 75 ohms
Heavy, wet weed conditions

That would be a deterant before even getting to your house.

Then I like the WASP & HORNET KILLER. Its handy in your car or truck and home. Enough for multiple applications in a single can. Of course I buy the 3 pack at home depot!

crc-14010.jpg

There are a few things that need to be kept in mind here.

1. Who knows for sure it was a hunter? For all we know it could have been an off duty body guard for the governor. It could have been a neighbor with a grudge against this woman. Chances are, this doby mix frightened someone who was armed and they reacted.

2. The stories keep saying this dog was a 4 year black lab, but the pictures clearly show a doberman or rotty mix. If I saw this animal coming at me there is no way I would have thought cute labrador retriever.

3. For the conspiracy crowd, remember that we are in a big fight over sunday hunting and whether it is safe to be in the woods. PETA would not think twice about sacrificing a dog to further their agenda. Remember the Question One fight in 1996 concerning trapping and the three legged dog that was used in commercials only to find out later that the dog was hit by a car.

4. How far away was the owner from the dog that she could not have been to the scene in seconds and saw who did it.

I feel for the woman as I too am an owner of three pups, but this story originated as a slam against hunters and has not stopped being that.

NOTE that it is NOT limited to protecting only people. [wink]

Scriv- Under MGL, could a dog owner (who is armed) shoot a
dog that attacks his dog(s) ? The law you quoted above
seems to reference people and livestock, but not pets.

-Mike

Scriv- Under MGL, could a dog owner (who is armed) shoot a
dog that attacks his dog(s) ? The law you quoted above
seems to reference people and livestock, but not pets.

-Mike

Judge Powers of the Wrentham District Court seemed to think so. However, there were also livestock (sheep) involved and no written findings or conclusions.

Such cases are fairly fact-driven.

if i was hunting and encountered an aggressive dog i doubt i would shoot it.too many questions asked and reports written afterwards.thats why my cold steel machete always goes with me in the sticks. messy but quiet

if i was hunting and encountered an aggressive dog i doubt i would shoot it.too many questions asked and reports written afterwards.thats why my cold steel machete always goes with me in the sticks. messy but quiet

Uh-huh. And I suppose that the dog is going to go quietly into death and not bark, whine, yelp and scream. [rolleyes]

I can see it now...
Game warden: Tell me, sir - I see blood all over you but no deer. Are you all right? What got that blood all over you?

RBA: Uh...

Game Warden: You have the right to remain silent...

Boston Globe: CRUELTY TO ANIMALS!!!

self preservation, im not talking about the friendly lab strolling through the woods minding his own bussiness that pisses off a hunter by scaring off deer and taking a leak on the trees in his area.im talking about the pit bulls,rottweillers,and bullmastiffs that knuckleheads buy then want to turn into maneaters by abuse,torture, bad training,and starvation unless they learn to attack, then when the dog gets too dangerous they abandon them in the woods.if you shoot a dog broadside with a slug 20 to 30 yards away from you good luck justifying you were in fear for your life at the time.

Back
Top Bottom