• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Donald Trump is a F****** Moron/Former Collegue/Gun Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghey waving starts that stuff. It all started as a left turn hand signal and some idiot waved. Then the jeep humans started, then hd bros. Now it is just...
I don't wave at anyone. I have enough friends. I don't have to pretend with strangers. When my girlfriend started waving at other bikes I told her if I catch her doing that again she's walking home. My Son in law is a prez of a riding club and he told me I'd be waving if I was in his club or I'd be fined. I flipped him off and told him to grow up and get a life. It double sucked when I had a Wrangler. A lot of years ago I drove a school bus to get out of the house while working from home. All the other drivers were wavers too. I flipped a couple of them off and almost got fired. Such an annoyance!

When my girlfriend started waving at other bikes I told her if I catch her doing that again she's walking home.

Swampy, would anyone who knows you well describe you as a control freak?

Lots of FUDDs in their ranks. Not all of em of course but a lot.

Haven't noticed that although a common accusation mostly a false narrative that people like to toss around. Most clay shooters I know participate in both rifle and pistol shoots and carry even when they are naked.
I think it's just the hunters because well we need a scape goat and hell they don't even wear their corona mask while doing it.

Trump can be a great president. if he knows how to choice words to say to the people.... But he is not really into a political and not looking to be a career politicians so he didn't take it very seriously .

what clubs still allow alcohol on the premise? I'm pretty sure it's a huge liability especially with insurance. Back in the day you could drink beers in the clubhouse in Woburn SC not sure if still allowed.

Tewksbury and Plaistow have full bars. It's great for after bullseye matches

Well, this thread has officially gone FR, largely thanks to total noobs and wanna-be anarchists. Yikes.

Yep in reading some of this thread it also reminds me of a different covid thread we have going.. opinions are much different from what folks I associate with in NH would say, I smell the MA on 'em.

Not all MA folks, MA gun owners, MA "conservatives" etc obviously fall into this category, and by no means is it limited to MA, but the moderate and even liberal spin can be found all over statements being made.

I could care less if someone has a couple beers on their bike and rides with no helmet. If they are alone the risk is 99.99% their own. Hell if it was up to me I'd make it legal.

This isn't an "MA" thing it's nationwide, although some states have it far worse than others. Most states gun laws are larded up with "projection" based legislation, and it regularly shows. Even relatively "Conservative" people eventually devolve to endorsing, or at least tolerating shitty malum prohibitum laws because the laws ban something they don't" like." or that "makes them uncomfortable" without looking at the bigger picture or the huge downstream costs of those laws (which usually end up punishing people unfairly).

This is literally "the crux of the reason we can't have nice things". Because some guy just sucks for full on bar carry ban, or stupid CUI laws because "guns and alcohol don't mix" etc. They can't get past "being offended" to see the greater danger posed by this stuff. Individuals suffer from shitty law, and even the entire system, and the rule of law suffer from shitty laws, too. (makes all other laws, even ones that actually make sense, far weaker and less respected by the people. )

In NH the reason this stuff tends not to happen as much is because the mary hairnet/kravitz mentality is often far less tolerated, regardless of political affiliation.

-Mike

Since when is being a gun owner required to belong to a club.
I think most members join to have a place to drink away from their wives
This is sad but true.
Really? My club doesn’t allow alcohol or drugs on the premises. That’s one of the reasons I’m still a member there.

Really? My club doesn’t allow alcohol or drugs on the premises. That’s one of the reasons I’m still a member there.

You really don't understand the difference between a club bar and members having alcohol on the club property? Gun clubs aren't yacht clubs, members aren't walking around drunk as skunks with G&Ts in their hands. All gun clubs with bars have very strictly enforced rules requiring members to not consume alcohol prior to shooting. Most, and by most I mean like the vast majority, do not allow members to BYOB or D onto club property. Most clubs also restrict alcohol to only being within the clubhouse or even the confines of the club bar itself.

Run well, a club bar can be a money maker and is a pro if a member wants to have a social event (not involving guns) in the club hall.

I've been going to gun and other hunting clubs since I was a toddler and I've never had alcohol (or drugs) while I've been on club property. But if other members want a drink after shooting, who am I to tell other adults what to do?

I could care less if someone has a couple beers on their bike and rides with no helmet. If they are alone the risk is 99.99% their own. Hell if it was up to me I'd make it legal.

Tell that to the pedestrians or folks on peddle bikes. Or the car that violently swerves to get out of the way of a drunk biker crossing into their lanes and smacks into a pole... I could go on... an on.... and on.....

12b10b680b17e675036813835ed85bf4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom