Ever think about thinning the herd?

Handguns don't take up that much space, so for me to dump them it has to be really disagreeable to me. Got a Glock 27, don't shoot it much, but I keep it because if there's ever a run on 9mm and .40 is available, I'll have something fairly small for carrying that I can feed.

Have a Heritage .32 Mag, bought it when I was really getting into the caliber and it was one of the cheapest options at the time for a .32 Mag. It's got a tight lockup, great balance, trigger is good, accuracy is probably the best out of all my .32 revolvers, but the fixed sights shoot so far from the POI I can't hit anything unless it's a paper target. I should let it go, but all it needs is adjustable sights and it would be a dream, I just haven't bothered to look for a smith to put a set of sights on it.

Rifles and shotguns I have no issues dumping if they disappoint me in any way. Thankfully I buy that which fits a purpose or feeds a major interest. My over/under shotgun I rarely shoot as a shotgun, I mainly use it with shotgun adapters. I got a .32 adapter, hugely disappointed in how far the POI shift was to the POA in both barrels. Started to think about letting it go, but years later thought it was the bullet being too light, so I got a .45 ACP adapter, got loading data for 250gr bullets in the .45 ACP (have plenty of those for use in .45 Colt) and gave it a go. Result was less than an inch from the POA at 25 yards. Now I have more faith that when I get the .45-70 adapter that it will hit close to the POA at 50 or 100.

The Marlin .22 bolt action I bought cuz I thought the microgroove rifling would improve accuracy and gave me 4 MOA with every ammo I tried, then with my Ruger Charger that shoots sub MOA with almost every ammo I try... yeah, fukk off Marlin. That got sold.

We're probably always going to have guns that just don't live up to the hype or expectations, but they still have enough of something to make them worth keeping. Maybe something that you don't like shooting or is all that accurate or is pricey to feed, but it just reliable as shit is in a babies diapers, you keep it just for that reason.

I came to the realization a while ago that having 10 different AR15's and a bunch of AK74 and 47 variants is not beneficial to me. Sold off almost everything except what I really really liked a while ago :)

Used the proceeds to buy stuff that brought me more joy, motorcycles!
I was talking with someone last night about how much has changed in just the last 15-20 years. For a time getting an AK and ammo was cheaper than getting into the AR platform, then something changed and now a decent AK costs twice what a budget AR costs and the AK's built to compete with the budget AR's are complete pieces of garbage. That, on top of the issues with 7.62x39 ammo availability with Russian ammo import bans has me wondering if there's much of any future for the caliber.

I'd have to think the 75m AK's and millions of SKS rifles will keep that cartridge in demand across the world for another century. Probably not a bad choice for a bolt action that will cost half as much to shoot as .308 does.

like someone else said, I regret selling about half of them.

I don't regret selling Keltec sub2k, old ruger pc carbine, Ruger 357 mag , 92fs compact, p239, Henry 22 Mag pump, Henry 22 LR lever, 9mm 1911,
marlin 357 lever (from the era of marlin crap built)
What didn't you like about that Henry pump? I seen a number of complaints about the action being stiff, was it that or the .22 Mag just not doing it for you?

I got earlier this year a .22 Mag/.410 combo, I've wanted a long gun in both since I have handguns in both and figured may as well give a combination gun a go. I love the .410, but the .22 Mag is a bit underwhelming. I can hear my hits on steel at 200 with it and the holdover is less than with .22 LR, but I can't imagine ever owning a dedicated .22 Mag rifle. I'd rather just have a 9mm PCC.

It's been some time since I looked into them. I believe the p7m8 all had euro mag releases. As you can see it's like brand new. I bought it at Riley. They wanted $1000, I got it for $900. I put a magazine through it, cleaned it and put it away.

The original P7 and PSP had heel releases. The P7M8, M10 (40, lol) and M13 all had american style paddle releases. That is probably an original P7 vs a PSP. Honestly if I had that thing I would keep it. Any of those guns are rolexes. My mistake was when I had mine I should have bought it a twin while the guns were still selling for less than 2 grand. Some machinist guy on hkpro was making bushings for them too, which is literally the only part that wears out (the thing at the back of the gun that holds the firing pin etc together. )

If HK started making them again tomorrow for $2000 fanbois would gobble them up. I would probably buy a new one at that price.

I was talking with someone last night about how much has changed in just the last 15-20 years. For a time getting an AK and ammo was cheaper than getting into the AR platform, then something changed and now a decent AK costs twice what a budget AR costs and the AK's built to compete with the budget AR's are complete pieces of garbage. That, on top of the issues with 7.62x39 ammo availability with Russian ammo import bans has me wondering if there's much of any future for the caliber.

I dunno what they run now or if theyre even obtainable, but not all that long ago a WASR was $700 and it came with a nice tapco g2 trigger in it. Say what you want but those guns were
generally not garbage. Not that any of this matters, its still basically skinflint talk. If someone made an AK that was 1000 bucks and I wanted to shoot an AK id just buy the
damned thing. It's not really absurd of a notion to drop a grand on a rifle you want.

The good thing about 762 x 39 is Romania and a couple other countries also manufacture that ammunition. 545 x 39 is a completely different story!

There were also rumors that PSA was going to make x39 but I take any of their fanfare and ejaculations with a grain of salt. Although they eventually DID make the dagger after 100
years. [rofl]

The original P7 and PSP had heel releases. The P7M8, M10 (40, lol) and M13 all had american style paddle releases. That is probably an original P7 vs a PSP. Honestly if I had that thing I would keep it. Any of those guns are rolexes. My mistake was when I had mine I should have bought it a twin while the guns were still selling for less than 2 grand. Some machinist guy on hkpro was making bushings for them too, which is literally the only part that wears out (the thing at the back of the gun that holds the firing pin etc together. )

If HK started making them again tomorrow for $2000 fanbois would gobble them up. I would probably buy a new one at that price.
I think it’s time for me. I’ll keep a few. I guess gunbroker will be where I get the most money. I bought guns in very good to excellent shape. The last 2 are original p226X5s. I paid $600 for 1 and $700 for the other. IMG_0282_Original.jpeg IMG_0080_Original.jpeg IMG_0061_Original.jpeg IMG_0043_Original.jpeg

Last edited:
I dunno what they run now or if theyre even obtainable, but not all that long ago a WASR was $700 and it came with a nice tapco g2 trigger in it. Say what you want but those guns were
generally not garbage. Not that any of this matters, its still basically skinflint talk. If someone made an AK that was 1000 bucks and I wanted to shoot an AK id just buy the
damned thing. It's not really absurd of a notion to drop a grand on a rifle you want.

The good thing about 762 x 39 is Romania and a couple other countries also manufacture that ammunition. 545 x 39 is a completely different story!

There were also rumors that PSA was going to make x39 but I take any of their fanfare and ejaculations with a grain of salt. Although they eventually DID make the dagger after 100
years. [rofl]
I'm aware of the WASR's not being crap, back in the day they were under $500 and came with a whole kit, but I too have no idea if that shit is still available and at what price.

The 762x39 rifle that's had my attention the most is the PSA AR that uses AK mags as it's a proprietary lower. I would buy that before any AK these days.

At this point I'm concerned any ammo being imported to the US is unsafe from being banned or tariffed/taxed into oblivion. If there isn't a sizeable domestic source for the ammo, I begin to lose interest.

My issues are holsters.. I threw a bunch out mostly remora crap and a stupid “hybrid leather kydex holster.

Biggest issue is finding a holster that holds my k frame model 10 2 inch snub… BS… I tried don hume and got the right model holster doesn’t retain right. So I’m getting a custom kydex IWB holster for it and I’ve given up on OWB 2 inch k frame revolver holsters as I have a bobbed hammer so that limits the options… just annoying. As many searches pull you into J frame holsters.

However I usually carry my 4 inch k frame model 64 on weekends especially with the colder weather. A little easier to find holsters for that.

I most recently have begun converting EDC holsters for the 3 guns in the EDC rotation to IWB kydex. Leather sucks for IWB I think.

Any of you knuckleheads got a HK P7M8 or P7M13 you want to sell me? You totally won’t miss it or regret the sale.
I have an HK P7M8 that I'll sell, contact me directly.

It was my "desk gun" in my MA house for many years. I don't have a place for it here in NH. It was a NJ SP gun with the NJSP logo scrubbed off at the factory IIRC.

Accumulated tons of parts, ammo and firearms over the years and it seems a lot gets unused and not having a lot of time to get out as I used to got me thinking of selling some off but obviously hate to since it’s not as easy to get AR”s or AK’s like it was and prices are not like they were.
I'll take some gun parts off your hands but I'm starting to be a hoarder my self. I guess its genetic

I'd have to think the 75m AK's and millions of SKS rifles will keep that cartridge in demand across the world for another century. Probably not a bad choice for a bolt action that will cost half as much to shoot as .308 does.
You are thinking like a MA resident.

This is a big country, people on the other side of that magical line that marks where MA ends don't get raped on AK prices.

You are thinking like a MA resident.

This is a big country, people on the other side of that magical line that marks where MA ends don't get raped on AK prices.
Yeah, I live across that line and you know what? IDK what the prices are, but even if they're $700 for a WASR or PSA's AK, IDK if I'd choose that over the KS-47 AR that is more accurate.

And, with the AK market being, well, HUGE, I don't see the thinking that it will continue to rise in price like Mosins and Mausers once did, because there aren't 30 million of those rifles floating around out there. Those KS-47's, even with them being standard current production, are going to have more value in the future as NFW PSA is ever going to make more than a million of those.

Just me thoughts on this.

Yeah, I live across that line and you know what? IDK what the prices are, but even if they're $700 for a WASR or PSA's AK, IDK if I'd choose that over the KS-47 AR that is more accurate.

And, with the AK market being, well, HUGE, I don't see the thinking that it will continue to rise in price like Mosins and Mausers once did, because there aren't 30 million of those rifles floating around out there. Those KS-47's, even with them being standard current production, are going to have more value in the future as NFW PSA is ever going to make more than a million of those.

Just me thoughts on this.
What is accuracy to you? Sub moa?

Do you want a sub MOA gun or do you want an AK? ... you have to make up your mind.

That KS-47 is neither and the 7.62x39 round, specially surplus ammo, is not sub MOA ammo.

Anyway, the conversation was about AK and prices. You can easily see free state prices online.

Do you want a sub MOA gun or do you want an AK? ... you have to make up your mind.

That KS-47 is neither and the 7.62x39 round, specially surplus ammo, is not sub MOA ammo.

Anyway, the conversation was about AK and prices. You can easily see free state prices online.
Mounting a scope on the KS47 is far superior and it is about 1 to 1.5 MOA. That stetches the effective range out to 350 before drop just becomes to much.

The AK is 200 yards, maybe 250 and still double the group size.

Mounting a scope on the KS47 is far superior and it is about 1 to 1.5 MOA. That stetches the effective range out to 350 before drop just becomes to much.

The AK is 200 yards, maybe 250 and still double the group size.
Your first post was about AK prices, that is what I answered. Then you threw accuracy in the mix.

I thought you meant dumb people. I was like is that even a question

I thought the same.

OP, I've had this thought with guitars and basses, but those are big and take up lots of room. I've not ever sold a gun unless I had a definite reason to, and as I look back I only regret one of them... and even that one, I made good by replacing it. I do have (objectively) way too many firearms, but they don't take up very much space so I'm not motivated.

I went through the collection with my Son, and he will be receiving a "starter pack" once his license and safe are set. I've trimmed a bit, have my revolver addiction under control and think I'm in a good place.

If the person who bought my Smith and Wesson 3913 want to sell it back, that's the one I miss.

Going through stuff and I have a pile of holsters and mags that I have no idea what gun they go to. LOL. I’m not even sure I still own what they fit. I guess I’ll be test fitting a bunch of stuff before I list them. [laugh]

I haven’t done any research but I’m curious what a Arsenal Sam 7r or an SGL- 21 get in mass.

What was that one? I couldn’t remember if it was like a SLR5 , probably wrong.

I do know it’s very very smooth
The SGL- 21 is one I wouldn’t sell ever.
The Polish I may tho
Sam7-s? Not sure. It had the multi vent brake on it, fixed stock, milled receiver, no rail.

Back
Top Bottom