EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

What do I need for a change of address on my C&R? Do I just fill Form 5300.38? What sections should I leave blank? It seems like the form is designed for those really doing business with as an FFL. Thanks!

What do I need for a change of address on my C&R? Do I just fill Form 5300.38? What sections should I leave blank? It seems like the form is designed for those really doing business with as an FFL. Thanks!

I got the following from the Surplusrifle.com C&R Primer:

surplusrifle.com said:
Moving/Change of address: The address listed on your license is the ONLY address that companies should be shipping firearms to. If you move or have some other address change, you will need to contact ATF for a new license and send out new copies.

IF you have a change of address, you need to download and submit form 5300.38 “Application for an Amended Federal Firearms License”. You can download the form at

www.atf.treas.gov/forms/pdfs/f530038.pdf. Realize that this form is used by ALL types of licenses if there is an address change and there are many parts that do not pertain to the C&R license. Fill out the parts that are geared toward more the individual rather than a business. Questions on zoning, hours of operation, business numbers, etc do not need to be filled out. Remember, the 03 license is ONLY for individual collecting.

I would find it prudent to send with the form a short note that explains that you have a C&R and have moved. They will issue a new C&R. There is NO fee for this form.

I just received my C&R license in the mail today[smile] Let the Collecting begin! Any recommendations on what I should get first?

I just received my C&R license in the mail today[smile] Let the Collecting begin! Any recommendations on what I should get first?

a really big new safe?

a fun money bank account?

a divorce?

We all have different needs! [smile]

As far as guns are concerned, what difference does it make? Sooner or later you'll want at least one of everything.

Well, I called the ATF to get my name straightened out and I have to say, I wasn't expecting it but they were quick, efficient, and extremely friendly. I guess they've got a specific agent, a Yolanda Peters, assigned to Massachusetts and I got transferred right to her. She said it must have been her mistake, apologized gracefully, and promised to send a new one right out.

First the CHSB now the ATF, friendly and efficient government agencies! What the heck is going on?

BTW, Scully714, you get your C&R yet?

Last edited:
I just got my C&R FFL yesterday. It was taking forever and I couldn't figure out why. Then we cleaned out my fiancee's old car so we can get rid of it and found the application under the seat. It must have fallen off the stack of stuff to be mailed that day.

Once it was actually mailed it I think took less than a month. Perhaps they rushed it when they saw it was dated and signed in I think mid Sept.

my checked was cashed on 12/26 im thinking i am going to wait 2 more weeks and see what the deal is then. If I have not heard anything by 1/31 Ill look up some contact info for Yolanda.

My CC was charged before the holidays, I received my books 3 weeks ago, but I still have not received my License either!

M1 Garand from CMP, followed by an M1 Carbine or either a 1903 or 03-A3 Springfield from them. Their prices are CHEAP.

Get the hard to find stuff first, along with the things you just HAVE to have. Mosins and such will be available for a long time at low prices, except for Finn's.

well came home from dinner tonight and sitting on the divider was a blue envelope from the ATF...CR LIcense came in but still waiting for the books..Helloooo Checkbook Goodbye Greenbacks.

Thanks for the push

I got my app today in the mail and it will go out tomorrow. Anyone know how long there taking now. Thanks guys for talking me into it.

Was just reading over the C&R Regs: "Must enter into the A/D record all curios and relics acquired after receipt of the collector's license".

Question: If I purchase a C&R listed gun with my LTC (say in MA or NH) do I need to document the transaction into the A/D record? Mil-Dot

Was just reading over the C&R Regs: "Must enter into the A/D record all curios and relics acquired after receipt of the collector's license".

Question: If I purchase a C&R listed gun with my LTC (say in MA or NH) do I need to document the transaction into the A/D record? Mil-Dot

You just answered your own question. Yes, you do. This has been discussed on this thread before; you may want to take the time to peruse the whole thing.

dwarven1,
I've spent the past 1. 5hrs perusing the "whole thing" and didn't find anything. There's hundreds of posts/comments on the subject. I'm a newbie to this forum but have been using others for years. I have to say this forum has a bunch of nice guys on it but too many like you! If you bothered by a question because you've already answered it, then don't respond! It's no wonder that when I go out of state that NO ONE respects any of us from MA. Lighten-up!
Mil-dot

You just answered your own question. Yes, you do. This has been discussed on this thread before; you may want to take the time to peruse the whole thing.

dwarven1,
I've spent the past 1. 5hrs perusing the "whole thing" and didn't find anything. There's hundreds of posts/comments on the subject. I'm a newbie to this forum but have been using others for years. I have to say this forum has a bunch of nice guys on it but too many like you! If you bothered by a question because you've already answered it, then don't respond! It's no wonder that when I go out of state that NO ONE respects any of us from MA. Lighten-up!
Mil-dot
I'm sorry if you're offended by my answering what you asked and then suggesting that you read the whole thread. I will do as you suggest and not answer any more questions that you post.
4.gif

Back
Top Bottom