Excrutiathlon - WINNERS creedon & shaw

"Team" and "pair", in this case, mean the same thing. Teams are of 2. Also known as a pair.

And as long as you promise that you're not so out of shape that this will be dangerous for you to participate in, well.....someone has to finish last [laugh]

Hey a pear is a shape!

I have a buddy from work who's interested in doing this with me. He doesn't have an AR yet, so is this something we could do sharing one rifle, or would we need two of them? I guess that also leads into the round count. Is that rounds per person, or rounds per team? Are there any handgun stages? That sounds like it would be fun, mix things up a little. Also, could I just register and pay for the two of us, or would he have to do it under his own account?

I have a buddy from work who's interested in doing this with me. He doesn't have an AR yet, so is this something we could do sharing one rifle, or would we need two of them? I guess that also leads into the round count. Is that rounds per person, or rounds per team? Are there any handgun stages? That sounds like it would be fun, mix things up a little. Also, could I just register and pay for the two of us, or would he have to do it under his own account?

1) you each need a rifle. There have been several offers for loaners in the thread in General Discussion
2) roundcount is per shooter
3) stay tuned.
4) you can pay both at once. Just be sure to include all the requisite information.

There have been two AR's offered as loaners. I am now also offering mine as I'll just be watching the trail.

So now there are 5 AR's offered as loaners, Bring standard (BRASS CASED NOT STEEL CASED) 55 grain ammo and you're all set.

Last edited:
"Team" and "pair", in this case, mean the same thing. Teams are of 2. Also known as a pair.

And as long as you promise that you're not so out of shape that this will be dangerous for you to participate in, well.....someone has to finish last [laugh]

FFFFFIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNE

Fortunately my partner has already signed us up.

Team Name: "Knives at a Gunfight!"
Team members include: "The Machinist" and "Captain Adequate".
Motto: "Hey, at least you're not us!"
Goals: Don't shoot anyone else. Get better at math.
Likelihood of reaching our goals: 70/40.
Chance of having "more fun than you" - Wicked high.

"-6 magazines will be needed."

Couple of questions on this:

1) If we have 30 rounders, do we still need 6 (I only have 3 pre-ban mags)?
2) If the answer is Yes, is there any way for me to avoid spending another $100 for mags?
3) Do we need to be able to carry 6 at at time in mag pouches, etc?

"-6 magazines will be needed."

Couple of questions on this:

1) If we have 30 rounders, do we still need 6 (I only have 3 pre-ban mags)?
2) If the answer is Yes, is there any way for me to avoid spending another $100 for mags?
3) Do we need to be able to carry 6 at at time in mag pouches, etc?

Yes.
Yes.
And yes.

I have some that can be loaned out....PMags, Colt USGI or BCM GI-type.

As for carrying , you can carry them however, but you do need to carry them.

Hey Guys.. I just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who put on the event.

My partner and I sucked and are totally OK with it because the event was absolutely batshit fun. I sincerely hope that we don't have to wait until next year to do it again.

If you didn't go, I assure you, you're pretty upset about it. For $20 and a handful of ammo, there is not possibly a better way to have spent the morning!!

I need to get in better shape so I can participate, maybe the old man/woman division or something like that. I was very impressed with how the teams did overall. and to echo sweetjeep it was a great way to spend a saturday

Not the greatest of photos but here are some of the better ones I took.

Great time had by all. Thank you everyone that was able to make this happen. Maybe this might convince me to loose some weight
so I wouldn't die trying this thing.

Teams before

before.jpg

Teams after (not quite as muddy as hoped)

after.jpg

The victors (Creeden & shaw)

firstplace.jpg

The Loosers (joeendris & sweetjeep)

lastplace.jpg

and... the last but not least the "Triumphant Bastard" award goes to Attila.

attila-trophy.jpg

**** you, I just home, and I need to shower so I can go drink.

Ill have mine up tomorrow night.

[kiss]

I may have missed it, but was/is there a breakdown of what the shoot entailed? If this becomes an annual event, I am down for next year.

Basic Breakdown was as follows:

Run...
Shoot from barriers...
Run...
Move logs...
Run...
Shoot standing(*)g...
Run...
Carry buckets of water...
Run...
Shoot kneeling(*)...
Run...
Carry Stump...
Shoot Prone(*)...
Run to finish line.

(*)I was stuck down at the pavilion manning the clock so I might have these out of order.

Not the greatest of photos but here are some of the better ones I took.

Great time had by all. Thank you everyone that was able to make this happen. Maybe this might convince me to loose some weight
so I wouldn't die trying this thing.

Teams before

before.jpg

Teams after (not quite as muddy as hoped)

after.jpg

The victors (Creeden & shaw)

firstplace.jpg

The Loosers (joeendris & sweetjeep)

lastplace.jpg

and... the last but not least the "Triumphant Bastard" award goes to Attila.

attila-trophy.jpg

i got wood.

corrected

i had to carry my proud phallus through four doors and up two (albeit short) flights of stairs to proudly display it in my home. it was excruciathon round two.

...with man-parts.

who had the pictures of me sitting in a puddle next to my car hanging on the bumper looking like i was going to die? i want to see those really bad.

Honestly.. I had been wondering if I was developing a 'fat crease' on the back of my head. Ugh.

I wish I got to hang around a play pistols afterward too.. but wasn't in the cards this time.

Back
Top Bottom