• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Excrutiathlon - WINNERS creedon & shaw

Had a great time guys! PixelPusher, thanks for letting Creeden and I know about the event in the first place. Although, as I was carrying a 60lb tree stump on my shoulder tromping through 8 inches of mud.........I hated your guts [grin]. Guess after all this I just might have to become a regular on these here forums! Look forward to coming to more of these types of events in the future.

"Shaw"

can't wait for the rest of the pictures. was drinking until around 2 AM anyway and now my everything hurts. i think my pain has pain of its own.

baaaaadaaasssssss.

It sounded like they were calling a lot of your shots high. That'll happen if you rest the barrel on the barricade. Even though the carbine feels solid in your hands, the barrel flexes upwards just enough to throw the shot when you rest it like that.

You're better off placing your support hand directly against the barricade, and resting the foregrip between your thumb and forefinger. Or pulling in tight with it on the vertical / advanced foregrip. Just be sure to keep the barrel off the wood.

Kind of like this, you mean?
P3172697.jpg

P3172689.jpg

Exactly like the second picture. Can't really comment on the first one. I try to avoid peasant rifles. Unless there's a hole in the ground that needs to be filled, and there's a sudden shortage of dirt.

I don't see you building anything manly with your girly hands and then running it in a event.

There are plenty of holes to fill. And I do it with my penis. Just like other manly men do that build rifles.

I am angry at myself for not even witnessing this.

[rofl]

Take it to another thread. Don't screw this one up. I'll run a carbine against your peasant rifle any day of the week.

I think we need to make events like this. I have the shittiest, most complete AK47 ever, and I SUCK at these things, and it'd at the very least make an example of my stupid behavior.

I would love to compete with them, lose, and learn why, in a no-pressure environment.

How did atilla do with his 7.62 rifles? Did they limit him at all?

Last edited:
I am angry at myself for not even witnessing this.

I think we need to make events like this. I have the shittiest, most complete AK47 ever, and I SUCK at these things, and it'd at the very least make an example of my stupid behavior.

I would love to compete with them, lose, and learn why, in a no-pressure environment.

How did atilla do with his 7.62 rifles? Did they limit him at all?

The ARs had the clear advantage here. atilla and joeendris (2 of the 3 AK shooters) were the worst two both through the barricade and the traditional marksmanship stages.

To be fair, all the competitors would have been making effective hits on man-size targets at 90-110 yards, and would have at least hit the guy most of the time out to about 200 if I had to guess. We were shooting some pretty small (and hard to see!) targets.

The ARs had the clear advantage here. atilla and joeendris (2 of the 3 AK shooters) were the worst two both through the barricade and the traditional marksmanship stages.
Irons and barricades are not friends in my personal experience (red dot died, had to actually use the "backup irons" that day).

If you were really competing, you should level the field and either require irons or provide some handicap to red dots.

Cool stuff, I hope I can make next year.

If you were really competing, you should level the field and either require irons or provide some handicap to red dots.

The barricades weren't as much about scoring hits as it was more a time penalty. This was a timed race after all. The faster you could clear the nine holes (or run out of the 30 rounds you had for that stage) the faster you were on your way.
The only time adjustments came from the paper targets scoring.

That being said, if one of the competitors was to just do a mag dump thru the first hole in the barricade I think there would have been some sort of issue with that.

I forsee a larger croud at this next year. It was a great time.

Irons and barricades are not friends in my personal experience (red dot died, had to actually use the "backup irons" that day).

Eh. In my experience, irons work just fine. Also, atilla was the only one with an AK without optics. The other two had dot sights.

Either way, you are right though. Next year, perhaps well generate enough interest to actually split up into classes.

i know i got smoked shooting the steel but i was getting hits on paper in all three positions so that was good at least. i mean basically unless you're some super awesome AK shooter somehow it is just a bullet hose. close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades though so "close enough" kind of domed me from the start. [laugh]

with all i went through with that purple polish people punisher i wanted to run it in the event just because. within a few minutes i was like "my god i'm out of shape, i think my heart is going to explode out my neck". so i figured my shooting would... suck.

thanks for the extra pictures, alex.

WHEN this is done. If it is dry weather, we will have to MAKE mud. Talking with others today (creeden and shaw) the mud really made this what it was.

exactly, I was APPALLED to see atilla in snow white t-shirt, I thought this was about crawling your way in shit, dissembling the rifle, pissing on parts to clean off the mud and puking on them to lubricate them, re-assemble and shoot.

another suggestion is may be "hiding" targets behind a panel of sheet rock, where would your 5.56 would go now? And may be mandatory bayonet charge?

exactly, I was APPALLED to see atilla in snow white t-shirt, I thought this was about crawling your way in shit, dissembling the rifle, pissing on parts to clean off the mud and puking on them to lubricate them, re-assemble and shoot.

another suggestion is may be "hiding" targets behind a panel of sheet rock, where would your 5.56 would go now? And may be mandatory bayonet charge?

I suggested to atmay a low crawl, under barbed wire draped in pig intestines, through mud, with Adam and Nicole on the twins firing over head.

Might be a little much, but what the hell.

Back
Top Bottom