Explosion in Manhattan

Somebody's getting their jihad on.

Was my first thought as well, but last year there was an explosion at a Japanese restaurant in Manhattan because someone illegally (and apparently without knowing how to do it safely) tapped into a gas line.

Edit - my skepticism is growing in favor of terrorism after reading that a pipe bomb went off at a 5k race in NJ shortly before this.

Edit 2 - a dumpster, apparently.

In any case, I've said it before - the only reason the US is largely shielded from all the shit in Europe is because we happen to be separated by 3000 miles of water. It will come here, however, and at some point the lefitist liberals will wake up to "WTF have we done..."

Explosion at a mall in Charlottesville, VA too.

Between this and if the bombed Marine charity race had started on time this morning and all 3 bombs went off it would have been an even worse day.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/17/explosion-rocks-chelsea-in-new-york-city/

A reader who was walking from the High Line could feel and hear the blast at West 19th Street and 7th Avenue. He described the sound as "like fireworks in terms of bass and volume, but only one large boom and definitely low to the ground."

"Louder than any thunder I've ever heard in my life. Like the sky exploded. Shook the building" NYC explosion pic.twitter.com/WsY3Ax7PS7
Liz Mandel (@elisabetherapy) September 18, 2016

Police are ordering pedestrians to move from 23rd to 22nd street pic.twitter.com/V12ReH70gY
Corey Johnson (@CoreyinNYC) September 18, 2016

http://gothamist.com

Explosion at a mall in Charlottesville, VA too.

Between this and if the bombed Marine charity race had started on time this morning and all 3 bombs went off it would have been an even worse day.
Any links to the mall explosion? I haven't heard that story.

Waiiting for the right wing to be blamed - perhaps Tea Party.

[STRIKE=-]Waiting for the next one to go off near the first responders - from now till 1 hour after the first blast is the normal interval.[/STRIKE] Looks like they made it past the first hour and a half, maybe next time - this isn't going away or getting better anytime soon.

I read comments on the news sites like "Trump just won the election", my retort is "You think there will be an election if this continues?"

Last edited:
In any case, I've said it before - the only reason the US is largely shielded from all the shit in Europe is because we happen to be separated by 3000 miles of water. It will come here, however, and at some point the lefitist liberals will wake up to "WTF have we done..."

I think it's already here.... [thinking]

Cnn actually stopped a reporter who was saying they didn't know if it was a gas explosion or some shit and said it is reported to be an IED.
They are looking for more devices.

Not a dumpster - if you look into the media reports, it was a trash can.

Just like New Jersey earlier in the day. Somebody is in a '**** America' mood today and letting their inner terrorist act out.

Afterthought - presuming these bombs today - the ones that detonated and the ones that didn't - ARE related, it's a good thing whatever shitbum is doing this can't even terrorist right. Could have been REALLY bad if it wasn't some 2/3 retarded dickbrains that clearly couldn't have coordinated a two man parade. Or maybe it will be yet.

No easy answer for stopping this kind of stuff. If there was I'd offer it up. (I'm kind of dumb so easy answers are really all I'm good for.)

I wonder if this is related to whatever douchebag built the IED which blew some guys foot off in Central Park a month or two ago.

....and Boston...and Orlando...and San Bernadino............a few beheadings here and there.....

Never did I say that nothing happened here in that time. However, you can't compare that to the events that killed hundreds recently in France and Germany. I stand by my statement that we have been relatively isolated in the past decade, and shit will hit the fan and get worse. (bolded so you get my meaning; not semantics.)

Never did I say that nothing happened here in that time. However, you can't compare that to the events that killed hundreds recently in France and Germany. I stand by my statement that we have been relatively isolated in the past decade, and shit will hit the fan and get worse. (bolded so you get my meaning; not semantics.)

Maybe I misinterpreted what you were saying.....but it is here already....and sadly more will come.

I don't know why, but when some asshat NYPD started yelling at people to get off the ****ing street, I literally yelled **** YOU at my monitor.

I understand if they're in the debris/evidence area of telling people to get back, but last I checked standing on a street corner isn't against the law.

I don't know why, but when some asshat NYPD started yelling at people to get off the ****ing street, I literally yelled **** YOU at my monitor.

I understand if they're in the debris/evidence area of telling people to get back, but last I checked standing on a street corner isn't against the law.

Is not the role of the PD to protect the innocent from harm ?

Back
Top Bottom