• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

F*ck the USCCA with a rusty stick

Their video claims they have never done that, but they conveniently fall short of the obvious solution of changing their contract.
They claim that if you take a plea deal means you are criminal and they as an insurance company cannot support any criminals. I know this sounds crazy but they are some videos in YouTube.

I always hate when they say “googled recently“ I googled some outrageous shit.

But I guess in a good example would be the local cop who got convicted of murdering his wife who had google information about it before hand from the police stations’s computer. And he was a goddamn detective and still couldn’t even cover it up properly.

Like if you googled “how to make a pipe bomb” I don’t know how you don’t already know.

But myself and some other people on ar15.com we’re doing some completely crazy shit but we were doing it legally

if you win the criminal self defense case that gives you a very good defense against a civil case here in MA.
You are correct. However, defending yourself in both the criminal and civil cases could very easily bankrupt you. In the criminal case. the state is using its resources to prosecute you. You are presumably paying for your own defense. In the civil case a plaintiff's lawyer is working on a contingency fee arrangement, meaning the plaintiff doesn't have to put up a dime. You on the other hand have pay for your own attorney to defend you. You may win both cases but it will be a Pyrrhic victory.

You are correct. However, defending yourself in both the criminal and civil cases could very easily bankrupt you. In the criminal case. the state is using its resources to prosecute you. You are presumably paying for your own defense. In the civil case a plaintiff's lawyer is working on a contingency fee arrangement, meaning the plaintiff doesn't have to put up a dime. You on the other hand have pay for your own attorney to defend you. You may win both cases but it will be a Pyrrhic victory.
I believe that every jury should also consider making the defendant financially whole upon acquittal whether from the state or private.
There would be a shit ton less lawfare going on if there was a good possibility of having to pay the other side's losses if you lose.

A friend told me that one of his friends, whom I don’t know personally, shot and killed the perp in an armed robbery attempt in NH. USCCA paid all his legal fees.

That being said, I won’t buy their coverage.

she's not getting out.

does anyone have the conjugal visit schedule for where she's incarcerated?

Last edited:
The funny thing about insurance is it provides the insured with assets to be paid in a suit that would otherwise not exist. Meaning: some random dude making $75,000 a year with a family and a home had next to nothing to satisfy any judgment against him in a suit. A law firm working on contingency sees this and it is not worth the money they will have to invest to get the suit up and running. Now if a law firm sees that you have $2,000,000 liability coverage, now you are a target worth pursuing.

No.

They were caused by magazine spring issues in my case.
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

The funny thing about insurance is it provides the insured with assets to be paid in a suit that would otherwise not exist. Meaning: some random dude making $75,000 a year with a family and a home had next to nothing to satisfy any judgment against him in a suit. A law firm working on contingency sees this and it is not worth the money they will have to invest to get the suit up and running. Now if a law firm sees that you have $2,000,000 liability coverage, now you are a target worth pursuing.
The system allows plaintiff's counsel to learn the insurance limits of the defentant very early in a contingency fee case. Things would work a lot differently if plaintiffs were not allowed to know this. But, the system "works" - attorneys do not take cases without a big pot of gold, and defendants with low insurance and few assets are far less likely to have their home, bank accounts, flobert parlot rifle collection and pedestal seat liquidated because plaintiff's counsel thought there were insured and obtained a judgment.

A friend told me that one of his friends, whom I don’t know personally, shot and killed the perp in an armed robbery attempt in NH. USCCA paid all his legal fees.

That being said, I won’t buy their coverage.

That’s the thing. Their “success” stories are private, unless the person wants to go public about it.

In the UK, a civil plaintiff will have to pay the defendant's cost if they lose. That really contains the amount of nonsense cases filed there. Apparently it is the same throughout Europe.

Coverage with USCCA or CCW Safe isn’t guaranteed, of course not. But Kayla Giles is a pretty bad example to tie your horse to. She bought the pistol, got the insurance, and googled if it was self defense to shoot someone from your car days before shooting her soon to be ex. Her daughter never saw her father lunge or make any threatening movements. She deleted incriminating data from her phone/laptop before the shooting. No, I wouldn’t cover her for self defense either.

It’s not perfect, as they can’t cover illegal acts. That sucks if you end up being found guilty. But hey, you have bigger worries then. And in instances with pretty clear wrongdoing they can drop you, like with Kayla. She was shady as hell.

Buying a gun and insurance and researching self defense laws most certainly don't preclude someone from acting in self defense. As if someone who has a concern for their safety and takes steps to protect themselves cannot possibly have in fact faced a situation where...they need to defend themselves?

You sound like a prosecutor. Or USCCA. Looking to find and stretch the meaning of things to support a predetermined conclusion.

But I digress.

All insurance is a scam. All insurance works the hardest to find ways to not pay claims and steal people's money and makes the minimal amount of effort to pay claims. Whether it's auto, home, life, self defense, or otherwise. The scam is, the same people who gladly take your money when you don't need it are the ones who get to determine whether or not claims are valid. And it works exactly as anyone with any sense would expect...poorly for you, great for them.

Back
Top Bottom