FA-10 forms

I'm very confused on what to do. I have an FTF transaction coming up. I just sold a gun and the buyer had one of the 3 part numbered forms. I ran into the Shrewsbury PD and they only had photocopies. They told me that only the electronic would be accepted. Went online and found I would need my PIN, which I don't have or remember. Called the PD and got an answering machine (after being connected to the office). GOAL site still allows download of the pdf but also has a page stating they received a letter that un-numbered copies won't be accepted. Worse case I will be printing the un-numbered form.

I'm very confused on what to do. I have an FTF transaction coming up. I just sold a gun and the buyer had one of the 3 part numbered forms. I ran into the Shrewsbury PD and they only had photocopies. They told me that only the electronic would be accepted. Went online and found I would need my PIN, which I don't have or remember. Called the PD and got an answering machine (after being connected to the office). GOAL site still allows download of the pdf but also has a page stating they received a letter that un-numbered copies won't be accepted. Worse case I will be printing the un-numbered form.

The computer based PDF's are now being rejected by CJIS. Don't bother sending one at this point because they will punt it back to you.

You should use the E-FA10 system or pick up a carbon form from the PD.

If you can't find your pin, try to find a PD that still has the FA-10 carbon forms around. There's nothing stopping you from stopping at different PDs and asking.

-Mike

This whole thing is asinine. Imagine how much $$ the Commonwealth would save if it scrapped the whole registration system.

This whole thing is asinine. Imagine how much $$ the Commonwealth would save if it scrapped the whole registration system.

Of course it would save a lot of money, but then they would lose the ability to punish/torture lawful gun owners.

-Mike

Somehow I am guessing that the CHSB's inability to show performance metrics that actually accomplish anything is going to matter to Deval. They will just rephrase the question until they get an answer that doesn't sound like: "We took millions of dollars and turned it into a useless database that primarily tracks innocent people who have done nothing wrong and statistically are less likely than the general population to do anything wrong."

Somehow I am guessing that the CHSB's inability to show performance metrics that actually accomplish anything is going to matter to Deval. They will just rephrase the question until they get an answer that doesn't sound like: "We took millions of dollars and turned it into a useless database that primarily tracks innocent people who have done nothing wrong and statistically are less likely than the general population to do anything wrong."

That is PRECISELY the message we need to get across. It is budget time NOW, and we need to put this on the front burner. Where can we find line item budget info at the state?

That is PRECISELY the message we need to get across. It is budget time NOW, and we need to put this on the front burner. Where can we find line item budget info at the state?
Worth a shot, but I don't expect success, they know they need to have lists of who's who and who has what so they can wait for more hospitable climates for gun control.

**** Devil Patrick. Hope he heard that

Like? What part of the Mass registration part is there to like? I don't recall every saying "like" or even "I prefer", I simply said "I use." Whether right, wrong, not preferred, or avoided like the plague, that the path I used when it first came out, prior to trying scouring the plethora of conflicting information both on here and on the interwebs, much of which created by our lovely state. That said, I have confirmed with the FRB that previous transactions were accounted for and if there were any issue. At the time, (circa Nov 2011), there were none.

Now, I don't doubt that there are terrible issues with the many different systems in place to handle registrations/transfer/etc, however, do you have any past court precedents, cases, or literature that explain or makes reference to particular examples of why NOT to use the e-FA-10 and what the result has/could be?

Thanks in advance.

Let's be clear: this whole e-FA10 mandate while claiming to allow the near extinct paper forms is nothing more than a attempt by the CHSB to force all gun owners to do FFL transfers for everything by making FTF transfers prohibitively difficult.

Jason's simple statement that CHSB forms are available at ANY police department is a blatant lie. Just look at how hard they are to find.

Let's be clear: this whole e-FA10 mandate while claiming to allow the near extinct paper forms is nothing more than a attempt by the CHSB to force all gun owners to do FFL transfers for everything by making FTF transfers prohibitively difficult.

Jason's simple statement that CHSB forms are available at ANY police department is a blatant lie. Just look at how hard they are to find.

It's an end-around to eliminate the "loophole".

-JR

I agree with both of you.

Also it has the "side benefit" of PROHIBITING transfers of off-list guns legally owned. They'd have to be disposed of outside MA, thus further reducing the supply of guns to law abiding [STRIKE=undefined]citizens[/STRIKE] subjects.

This is a win-win for those in power.

What loophole? I don't know and was not aware of any loophole. [wink]

These loopholes....

60fc3458-e129-39b4.jpg

As far as my local or neighbor PD, none were informed about the new e-FA10 requirement nor do they have any FA-10 available. One PD has a printout notice about pdf FA-10 available online and provided link to the existing PDF (no longer available). They also hand out copy of PDF FA10.

I wonder how do CHSB communicate with PD. Maybe they just like GOAL. Moving backward using primitive way to communicate, hand delivery mail by horsemen.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

I still have a stack of paper FA-10s that CHSB snail-mailed to me probably a couple of years ago. Any thoughts on whether they are still valid to use?

Back
Top Bottom