• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Failure to eject

I have a 92x and having failure to eject issues.
Maybe one out of fifty rounds
It will not even stove pipe, it fires and the case will firmly stay inside the barrel

Tried with three different brands of ammo and it consistently fails
Time to send it in for warranty work?

Should I replace it myself on a new gun? It looks inexpensive for the part
Seems like it is a pretty common issue on this model. (the failure) They have strong springs and better barrels available
That's a you issue. Most people would send back.
Some would fix on thier own.

If you can get away with not having it. Then send it back. Free is a good price

It will not even stove pipe, it fires and the case will firmly stay inside the barrel

You can also try using a brass brush to clean the chamber well - may be there is some build-up there and shell gets stuck.

Had my 92x for years and not one issue with ejection. When you purchased it, did you field strip, clean it and lube with a quality product? This step was highly recommended by my shop as the guns are shipped from the factory with a light coating of oil. The 92x is the most reliable semi I own and eats everything I feed it. Good luck.

Have you tried really scrubbing out the chamber area, as mentioned above?

When a round is stuck, is there damage to the rim showing the extractor tried to pull the round an couldn't, or is the rim smooth as new?

With the slide removed, will an empty case hook solidly under the extractor, will the extractor exert enough force to hold the case in place?

If Europellet got the same love as .22LR,
people would be lining up...
slap+hysterical+woman+-+airplane.gif

...to reply "just use CCI Mini-Mags and STFU".

I had same problem,it was the extractor.the lip that grabs casing was bent.Replaced it and have had no more issues.Cheap fix if that is your problem

Should I replace it myself on a new gun? It looks inexpensive for the part
Seems like it is a pretty common issue on this model. (the failure) They have stronger springs and better barrels available
Watch a video. It is probably very easy.

Gunsmiths are not needed unless parts need to be cut, machined, custom fit ... everything else is easily done watching a video.

Watch a video. It is probably very easy.

Gunsmiths are not needed unless parts need to be cut, machined, custom fit ... everything else is easily done watching a video.
I sent it into Beretta and got it back
Going by dates on this thread I got it back one year ago.......... And have not tried it again o_O

Did you clean the gun before its first shot?
The crud on new firearms can be awful. Along with the Anti Corrosive gunk they coat it with. Its far from lube and offten gums up the works more as it heats/dries/collects crud.

I also would be inclined to see if there is a pattern. Is it 1 , 3 , 5 in 50
Is it always in the 1-10 15-25 , 30-50 shot range. Is it magazine specific. Is it always in the last mag, heat induced issue?

Send it back —-
“One in fifty maybe”
“Consistently fails “
They wont find anything wrong if you describe it like that. Lol

My dads words
“Did you clean it”
“Clean it again”

I bought this pistol from the op and it worked great for months with my reloads and then all of a sudden it started failing to extract. I installed a wilson combat 150% spring and still had issues. I put .3 mm thick washer under the spring and shot a couple hundred without issue. I have extra washers if anyone needs one. Will update after shooting more.

Attachments

• 20240114_155701.jpg
    20240114_155701.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 9
The extractor spring, you tap the pin out from inside the slide. I used an allen wrench as a punch. See the round hole.

Attachments

• 20240116_161044.jpg
    20240116_161044.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 2
The pin comes out the top and the skinny black piece is the extractor. The slightly rounded back end has the spring underneath.

Attachments

• 20240116_162346.jpg
    20240116_162346.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom