• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Favorite Military "sayings"

I posted in this thread already, so I hope I’m not repeating myself.

Lots of great sayings but one that I really remember was how my drill sgt despite all his usual yelling and cussing, would appear next to me when I was lagging on a run or road march. He would lean in and quietly ask “you quitting on me, IGWT?” No anger, no malice, just a quiet question.

Omg, the road march cadences🤣

"We walk our beat! We beat our meat! We fück anything within 50 feet!"🤣🤣

"I wish all the ladies.."
[Echo]"I wish all the ladies.."

"Were holes in the road..."
[Echo]"Were holes in the road..."

"And I was a dumptruck..."
[Echo]"And I was a dumptruck..."

"I'd fill'em with my load!"
[Echo]"I'd fill'em with my load!"

🤣🤣🤣

Omg, the road march cadences🤣

"We walk our beat! We beat our meat! We fück anything within 50 feet!"🤣🤣

"I wish all the ladies.."
[Echo]"I wish all the ladies.."

"Were holes in the road..."
[Echo]"Were holes in the road..."

"And I was a dumptruck..."
[Echo]"And I was a dumptruck..."

"I'd fill'em with my load!"
[Echo]"I'd fill'em with my load!"

🤣🤣🤣
I wish all the ladies....
Were pies on a shelf...
And I was the baker...
I'd eat 'em all myself!

Last edited:
Not sure this is the best thread but how bought this? The curse of CIF.

Its bullshit. E tools and TA 50 gear was always what kicked me back, repeated]fly when out processing. Get to the point where i would clean the shit out of it then bring it back better than when I got it. That was the Supply Sgt mo. Finally, they took the e tool but would not take the TA50 gear. My last duty station I said f*** it, change me for it. Supply went ape shit andd asked if I realized it would be months until I saw the charge and until then the Sgt snd up the chain of command would be ‘out’ gear. I said I didn’t care, take it out of the 2 months unused leave pay coming. CO asked to see the gear, showed him and he could not find anything wrong with it. I walked back to Supply to turn it in and get stamped and the Supply Sgt just threw it in the bin with the rest.

It may be one Army, but there sure are a lot of little Kingdoms complete with power wielding dictators.

The old divisional Cavalry Squadron TO&E was huge - nine vehicles per platoon, three Troops, and an Air Troop. And while nominally assigned to First Brigade, we were a divisional asset.

To boot, the Platoon Leader’s track had three radio nets. You could talk on the troop and platoon net, while monitoring the troop command net. Ditto Troop Commanders, who were on the next higher net.

In REFORGER 84, our mission seemed to change by the minute. At one point, with all the radios going at once, someone commented, “That sounds like chickens squawking.”

And thus, the “Change Of Mission Chicken” was born. Don’t think we invented it, but it still brings a chuckle.

P.S. Always worried about security even though we had the Vinson devices. Really tried to limit platoon chatter.

When the wall came down, the STASI files became available. They confirmed those were never broken. All they would hear was a beep.

Its bullshit. E tools and TA 50 gear was always what kicked me back, repeated]fly when out processing. Get to the point where i would clean the shit out of it then bring it back better than when I got it. That was the Supply Sgt mo. Finally, they took the e tool but would not take the TA50 gear. My last duty station I said f*** it, change me for it. Supply went ape shit andd asked if I realized it would be months until I saw the charge and until then the Sgt snd up the chain of command would be ‘out’ gear. I said I didn’t care, take it out of the 2 months unused leave pay coming. CO asked to see the gear, showed him and he could not find anything wrong with it. I walked back to Supply to turn it in and get stamped and the Supply Sgt just threw it in the bin with the rest.

It may be one Army, but there sure are a lot of little Kingdoms complete with power wielding dictators.

I remember the CIF nightmare turning stuff in and it was always dirty. I was INTEL - the stuff stayed in my locker! WTF How could it get dirty?

I was pleasantly surprised at the Air Force turn in at Al Udeid when we came back from Afghanistan. My captain was positive I was going to either get kicked back or "get in trouble" because I had opened the sealed first aid kit to carry my tourniquet in my leg pocket. We weren't in combat (intel, remember?) but we did get indirect fires a couple times a week, so I carried my tourniquet. The captain was sure that because it was sealed, we weren't supposed to open it unless we had to, and I was like "what are they going to do, take away my pillow?" I turned in the open kit and the could care less, guess they were going through them all anyway. Same with my body armor, no need to clean it was just chucked on the pile.

With everything our military leaves overseas for the locals to scarf up when we pull out it should make everyone furious that they treat our military members like this!

{/RANT}

When checking out of CIF in Germany, I was nice to the E5 doing the check-in. Already resolved to having to make a trip back to the Kaserne, pay a bill at the Finance office, and bring the receipt back to finish check out.

Had everything in good order except for one first aid pouch. The NCO checking me out picked up a piece of green thread from the counter.

”Sir, this looks like a first aid pouch, damaged in training.”

And marked me off. FTMFW!

Stupid barracks inspection at the now defunct Naval Base at Bainbridge in Maryland. Inspection went well and nothing found until... (the pencil sharpener had shavings in it) "Dirty pencil sharpener." (dumps it on deck) "Dirty deck."

Stupid barracks inspection at the now defunct Naval Base at Bainbridge in Maryland. Inspection went well and nothing found until... (the pencil sharpener had shavings in it) "Dirty pencil sharpener." (dumps it on deck) "Dirty deck."
The School Brigade Commander for Jump School and OCS was about as chill as a Vietnam Vet Paratrooper could be. One of those leaders never raised his voice, who you would do anything for not to let him down.

By contrast, the Battalion Commander for OCS was a mad dog. Told an OCS Candidate was absent from his inspection after being brought to the post hospital with blood poisoning, he said, “He’d better die.”

Each of our desk drawers required three #2 pencils, sharpened, with points to the left, and labeling up. Once he got pissed off, he’d grab the drawer and pull it open hard.

This would jostle the pencils so the text was no longer up. He would then instruct his minion to record this egregious breech of military order and discipline.

The School Brigade Commander for Jump School and OCS was about as chill as a Vietnam Vet Paratrooper could be. One of those leaders never raised his voice, who you would do anything for not to let him down.

By contrast, the Battalion Commander for OCS was a mad dog. Told an OCS Candidate was absent from his inspection after being brought to the post hospital with blood poisoning, he said, “He’d better die.”

Each of our desk drawers required three #2 pencils, sharpened, with points to the left, and labeling up. Once he got pissed off, he’d grab the drawer and pull it open hard.

This would jostle the pencils so the text was no longer up. He would then instruct his minion to record this egregious breech of military order and discipline.
Reminded me of this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GefTLKjhAW4

Back
Top Bottom