FB and IG down worldwide

That’s what I was wondering, too. My nieces and nephews range in age from junior high to college and none of them have Fb accounts because they think it’s for old people. ...
The ol' "old/lame buzzkill", FTW.

Facebook is one of the major auth providers. ... Discourse. WordPress. Etc. ... No user credentials anywhere. Just use Google or Facebook as an identity provider.

Those apps were all lost to the world yesterday.
5pcskr.jpg

I have a hard time believing a company that size doesn't have a very stringent and lengthy change control process.
...said every Faceplant stockholder yesterday.

There's an engineer from Faceplant that made a small change that cascaded to armagedon that will be looking for a new job today....... I have a hard time believing a company that size doesn't have a very stringent and lengthy change control process.
Doesn't surprise me at all. They've been going woke for long enough I can absolutely see their competency slipping. Don't you know that stringent change control processes are "white privilege"?

There's an engineer from Faceplant that made a small change that cascaded to armagedon that will be looking for a new job today....... I have a hard time believing a company that size doesn't have a very stringent and lengthy change control process.
I wish it was this simple...

1633462297065.png

You know, if I run nslookup on my computer with a DNS server of 127.0.0.1 I get the same responce no matter what domain I put in.

The post is fake BS, run it agains a few public DNS servers, then you might have something. More likely some will be OK others not. DNS isn't free from flaws.

lesson #1: never use “host” or “nslookup” as a tool for dns diagnostics. You will be wrong 99% of the time. And you will post it in public and earn the ridicule you will receive (that’s not directed at the poster here on nes)

for those that might care:

both host and nslookup will do a lookup on what you want (eg., www.Facebook.com) and when it times out, will append your local search domain (so you look up “www.Facebook.com.example.com”) and your local, perfectly healthy, name server will respond “nope, doesn’t exist” (NXDOMAIN).

you need to use dig or another tool that doesn’t reference /etc/resolv.conf and the benighted equivalents in Winblows and macO.

My favorite comment overheard on Howie:

"Now do Twitter!"​

(Might have been Taylor; I fergit).

<Insert Archer meme here>

I know a guy who took out the building Ethernet at DEC /LJ (Littleton).
He had a known shorted patch cord sitting on his desk
that he used to test the device driver on his own machine.
Some idiot in another cube needed a patch cord,
so he just helped himself to it and brought down the floor for hours.
[rofl2]

life-in-hell-mistakes-were-made.jpg

Dammit Bongo

I'd have to spend any time on Faceplant in order to spend less time on Faceplant.
But [thumbsup] .

Back
Top Bottom