Fedex just dropped off my Garand... and some legal advice?!?!

Yesterday I ran into our Town Engineer while doing some business errands, although I've known him for years all prior discussions were about town business. He asked what I do for a living and then told me that he shot some guns for the first time a few weeks ago at a club in RI (sounds like an open house) and really liked it but would be scared of having one in the house. Now I have a "project" working on him. [wink]

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. It's not a pit-bull that can turn on you. [rolleyes]

If anybody needs something shipped or wants advice give me a call. We dont ask questions when we ship because its none of my business.

I had the same issue with a FedEx driver. He's full of sh*t. After two such occurrences with the same driver I called FedEx national offices and complained. I gave them the driver's name. They apologized and said they would speak to him. Stand up for your rights, respectfully, of course.

I had the same issue with a FedEx driver. He's full of sh*t. After two such occurrences with the same driver I called FedEx national offices and complained. I gave them the driver's name. They apologized and said they would speak to him. Stand up for your rights, respectfully, of course.
A while back I got grief from a FedEx employee when I was shipping a gun to the manufacturer for repair. The employee was claiming that I had to remove the firing pin prior to shipping. She called up another FedEx employee who said the same thing.

I sent a letter to the FedEx CEO, politely explaining what happened, that it was contrary to FedEx policy, and that they were not living up to the high standards of customer service that I've come to expect from FedEx. I received a written apology from FedEx, acknowledging that the employee was wrong, and they reversed the charges on my credit card, so the shipment was free.

In any large organization with tens of thousands poorly paid employees, you will run into a fair share of dolts. If you tell management about it, then they can fix the problem.

Here was my letter to FedEx: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...etter-to-FedEx?p=126123&viewfull=1#post126123

And here was their response: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...etter-to-FedEx?p=131538&viewfull=1#post131538

Last edited:
Nice rifle. Enjoy!

I would have asked him if he has an LTC and if not whether I should call the police and ATF on him for his part in illegal posession and trafficking of firearms. [laugh]

What a douche...

A while back I got grief from a FedEx employee when I was shipping a gun to the manufacturer for repair. The employee was claiming that I had to remove the firing pin prior to shipping. She called up another FedEx employee who said the same thing.

I sent a letter to the FedEx CEO, politely explaining what happened, that it was contrary to FedEx policy, and that they were not living up to the high standards of customer service that I've come to expect from FedEx. I received a written apology from FedEx, acknowledging that the employee was wrong, and they reversed the charges on my credit card, so the shipment was free.

In any large organization with tens of thousands poorly paid employees, you will run into a fair share of dolts. If you tell management about it, then they can fix the problem.

The key to success right there.

Next time tell him to STFU and mind his own business.

Nice rifle.

absolutely. Tell him that its simply a case of mind over matter..... "you dont mind because he does not matter." ha ha...

sometimes I crack myself up. :)

Rob

Update: Fedex just returned (to deliver my sling and a crossbreed holster [rofl]) and explained that he was thinking of getting his FID. We chatted for a bit about the MA process and I expressed that I understood his concerns for his liability but he should read up a bit on the CMP.

Turned out to be a nice conversation.

good thing you didn't tell him to F off. haha. great story, and gorgeous gun man.

Weird, but he's probably just reading the prompts on his computer. If it couldn't be shipped to you in MA, either CMP or FedEx would have caught that at the point of origination. Once it's accepted for delivery, their only recourse would be to return it to CMP BEFORE it got to you door step. He wasn't that concerned because he still let you sign for it and then he gave it to you.

Conglats on the new garand. I also got the same delivery last week. I wasn't expecting a nice CMP case, but nice to have one.

To my surprise, my ordered also take about 3 weeks. Mailed my paperwork on mid-September and got my rifle on the first week of oct.

Just check CMP website, they are now include a CMP rifle case on every order. WRA service grade M1 is available now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, they now ship in a free case. I guess it is a recent addition. The case, and the 3-week turnaround were pleasant surprises!

Holy Crap!! I just received my SA Springfield at the end of Sep and didn't receive a free CMP case!

My turn around was about 3weeks also.

My FedEx guy didn't get any funny beeping when he scanned my Garand.

Last edited:
Orders going in today, let you all know what kind of surprise I get in 3-4 weeks. Paperwork was mailed, post office, for a Winchester Service grade, 817.95 total, now the wait begins,[popcorn]

Last edited:
Next time that driver comes to your door, just blow some smoke in his face (you were smoking a Newport, right) and tell him to piss off.

CMP emailed me on the 20th with order received confirmation and the check was cashed yesterday, so its been 2 weeks since my package was mailed. I'm anxiously awaiting a fedex delivery, probably have 2-3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom