• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FFL Difficulties

OK not to be the ahole here, but @cape9mm may not be quite up to speed on how things work in MA
This isn't an "in MA" problem its protocol everywhere. Sending/inbounding a gun without checking/clearing first is compleeetly f***ing stupid. For a whole host of reasons. I don't know if it was here but I remember some nipplehead was like "oh yeah I sent my dealer a couple of guns and the dude went into surgery and I didn't get the guns for like 3 months".... all because someone didn't check first.

This isn't an "in MA" problem its protocol everywhere. Sending/inbounding a gun without checking/clearing first is compleeetly f***ing stupid. For a whole host of reasons. I don't know if it was here but I remember some nipplehead was like "oh yeah I sent my dealer a couple of guns and the dude went into surgery and I didn't get the guns for like 3 months".... all because someone didn't check first.
it is like Tire Rack and their list of "installers" that they created out of the yellow pages and or a Google search.

If tires from Tire Rack show up on the UPS truck and we are not aware they are arriving we refuse the delivery

It is very rare we will install customer supplied new tires.

But when we do it is at an hourly rate plus materials.

@cape9mm Wouldn't get my panties in a bunch over all the NES meany reponsonses they are just mad you didn't ask them first so they could give a nine page dissertation about the buying of firearms in Massholia.
Rule one before buying online find your preferred transfer dealer and ask him first....just a simple way to save you a headache and a pile on here at pile on central.

@cape9mm Wouldn't get my panties in a bunch over all the NES meany reponsonses they are just mad you didn't ask them first so they could give a nine page dissertation about the buying of firearms in Massholia.
Rule one before buying online find your preferred transfer dealer and ask him first....just a simple way to save you a headache and a pile on here at pile on central.
No worries Watchman. It is pretty clear who is who here and just like in real life, I pick wisely! Much easier to criticize and demean, a big word, I know, behind a computer screen. I have received numerous private msg with some very helpful suggestions. Moving on from the lower part of the barrel.

No worries Watchman. It is pretty clear who is who here and just like in real life, I pick wisely! Much easier to criticize and demean, a big word, I know, behind a computer screen. I have received numerous private msg with some very helpful suggestions. Moving on from the lower part of the barrel.
Questionable considering your OP FFL choice.
I do hope you get squared away though.

1701367499455466.jpg

1659156919928606.gif

I think you must have mistaken this forum for the one that validates threats to report FFL's to the state when said FFL declines to conduct business with an unknown rude and lazy skinflint?

"Ex military, not a friendly person, I just ignore him and his business. No bad blood. just is what it is. This was a low dollar experiment since I half expected him to do this."

Seems that you knew lowers could be problematic for some dealers in Mass? Yet somehow you wouldn't accept 'no' for an answer? That comes across as entitled.

Also appears that you may be throwing shade on ex military people? Kudos if your posts are some very artful trolling. You have covered a lot of ground here. [laugh]

A great FFL is like a great doctor, dentist, plumber, electrician, any other profession. Establish a good relationship with your FFL and keep it that way. That means good communication, picking up your inbound stuff in a timely manner so he/she doesn't have it lying around too long, purchasing whatever firearms you need from that FFL even if you could get them for a few dollars less on Gunbroker. Don't push them to do things they can't do. And it doesn't hurt to bring in some coffee and doughnuts every once in a while just to show your appreciation.
I have been using the same FFL for about 5 years now. He is great. I won't go anywhere else.
This in a big way.
They don't even ask my nme anymore,when I walk in they just go out back and get whatever came in for me. But I still email them every time, and they reply.

At one point I tried another FFL who offered free transfers, but I went back to paying. Why? well the free guy was disorganized, took him a while to "find" it and when they unpacked it the accessories were left in the pile of packing on the floor, I had to ask where they were and they had to dig through the waste packaging. They also tossed the original box it came in, had the outer shipping box but the factory box was gone. Shipping document did list the gun and accessories so they couldn't of checked that when it came in. Basically unprofessional, bad vibes. I'll pay the fee for the better service and they seem to treat my gun with better care. The people were nice enough and they did have a couple good deals on used gun, they just didn't seem to care about the transfer side. And I get that it was free, but that was their choice, and a way to bring in people.

This in a big way.
They don't even ask my nme anymore,when I walk in they just go out back and get whatever came in for me. But I still email them every time, and they reply.

At one point I tried another FFL who offered free transfers, but I went back to paying. Why? well the free guy was disorganized, took him a while to "find" it and when they unpacked it the accessories were left in the pile of packing on the floor, I had to ask where they were and they had to dig through the waste packaging. They also tossed the original box it came in, had the outer shipping box but the factory box was gone. Shipping document did list the gun and accessories so they couldn't of checked that when it came in. Basically unprofessional, bad vibes. I'll pay the fee for the better service and they seem to treat my gun with better care. The people were nice enough and they did have a couple good deals on used gun, they just didn't seem to care about the transfer side. And I get that it was free, but that was their choice, and a way to bring in people.
It's almost like basing one's buying decision solely on price doesn't always net the best value...

Not transferring a AR15 lower really is only a MA retardation though.

Book rate, with your installers completing the job in half that time, I assume [rofl]
Tire and LOF are a loser for a flat rate mechanic, time is too short and aftermarket wheels and tire require more care/time.
It's true you can make bank flat rate, more so if you aren't at a dealer since warranty work plays less, other 1/2 the "book" time. But this is for experienced mechanics, the newby will come out losing. And none of this accounts for tool costs, the mechanic buys his own tools. Still, you can do good flat rate, it's just not the gold mine some think it is.

The OP got screwed. He is new to guns and needs assistance not “you shoulda”
nice way to turn someone off..
how about suggestions on what to do..

maybe stop being a Ma**h*** and move the heck out of Mass.
OP screwed himself. Suggestions? Go to dealer, apologize for the shipment, then see if dealer will relent and transfer, ship to a dealer who will transfer, or simply return to vendor. Probably the cleanest method will be to work out a return to vendor with a return shipping label and no cost to the receiving FFL. OP may be on the hook for the return shipping cost.

The OP got screwed. He is new to guns and needs assistance not “you shoulda”
nice way to turn someone off..
how about suggestions on what to do..

maybe stop being a Ma**h*** and move the heck out of Mass.
Assistance and solutions for what? OP said he asked the FFL to ship back to the seller- is there a later update saying the FFL refused? Otherwise, problem solved and the replies are all reasons of why he's wrong (don't be a Karen and call the state) and how to avoid this in the future.

This thread should die. Instead of beating around the bush and buying a questionable f***ing lower just go by yourself a real preban one and get over it..

There are some dealers who won’t even transfer you one and they are super gay. A lot of these guys also have pretty bad rifles for 3 to 4 grand hanging on their wall that they want you to buy.

Hop on gun broker do some research or buy one from the classified it don’t mess around with your $35 nonsense and you’ve already have one

While in Mass doing as the Mash0les do.

There’s a little price to pay for the finer freedoms from out of state. Having a good relationship with an FFL paye dividends and nets commraderie. OP learned a lesson and will find the way soon enough. 10 years ago I was such a noob making some big mistakes. We all learn but thick skin is a must with fellow NES degenerates.

OP asked FFL to play middleman instead of doing the courtesy call knowing it likely wouldn't work.

Normal people would call the FFL and ask "Hey can you get this part? If not do you mind if I order from this company and have it shipped to you?"
This, times 10.
It’s what I’ve been doing for years and it always gives the local guy a chance to make a sale rather than a transfer.

it is like Tire Rack and their list of "installers" that they created out of the yellow pages and or a Google search.

If tires from Tire Rack show up on the UPS truck and we are not aware they are arriving we refuse the delivery

It is very rare we will install customer supplied new tires.

But when we do it is at an hourly rate plus materials.

I just did Tire Rack for the first time since I now have a tire machine.
I don't have a balancer though.
Paid the local shop $130 to balance 4.
Little steep I think as a DIYer, but I get it, he's a small local business, needs to put food on the table.
carry on....

Little steep I think as a DIYer, but I get it, he's a small local business, needs to put food on the table.
carry on....
I like the package deals from tirerack.
They come mounted and balanced, all ready to just install on the car.

But, TireRack won’t be able to help out the OP…

carry on....
so how much money did you save in the end?

Back
Top Bottom