• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FFS - Who took Joan Venochi to the range?

Shark_Cage

NES Member
Nice disgusting from her and her opinion of the scary AR-15 and why non military should not have semiautos. I’m not linking the story because she sucks and doesn’t deserve the clicks.

Taking that asshat is like taking Himler to Temple.

Last edited:
She started to think for herself And printed a couple of opinion pieces that criticized the libtards,

Almost lost her job from the mob ganging up the way Roseanne got screwed.

So she flipped on her back ,legs up in the air like a puppy being scolded.

And kept the job.as long as it’s ok with the group think.

Who???

I don't think freedom of the press should pertain to anyone who supported Hillary. The Founding Fathers would have hung her after a speedy trial. Any press supporting her is treasonous. Prove me wrong historically.

Gee. This could be fun.

My prejudices came with me. A firearm, loaded or not, is menacing. A “cold” shooting range, with flags flapping to signal it’s safe to walk across, is still scary. But I did learn something. I started off believing there’s no reason for a nonmilitary person to own a semiautomatic rifle. After firing one, case closed.
Five blasts confirmed this weapon is as reliable and accurate as advertised. All I could think about was what it would be like to be on the other end, at a church, a nightclub, or a concert; or at a school, where children are the target and the shooter is feet, not yards away. At Sandy Hook Elementary School, one of three recovered firearms was a Bushmaster XM15-E2S rifle. At Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., the shooter used an AR-15. The hotel suite used by the Las Vegas gunman last fall to kill 58 concertgoers contained an arsenal of 23 weapons and accessories, including semiautomatic rifles, scopes, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.
Yet if someone like me can easily hit a target, it’s terrifying to imagine the same weapon in the hands of someone on a mission to kill. Actually, there’s no need to imagine it. Just watch the news.[/quote

I read the article. My response echoed the subject line. Except "What idiot" instead of "who" because it should have been obvious from the get go that this was about as smart as letting a tv camera into the gun shop.

Stupid move. Entirely predictable result.

R

I was hoping she'd tell the truth and admit it was actually kind of fun to shoot an AR-15, especially with the laser sight.
But then again, what else would you expect from the Globe but more high-and-mighty preaching...
Also seen in the Globe today:
• An admission by police that objects aren't a problem, it's the people that use them (article about illegal dirt bikes)
• A particularly offensive column by Yvonne Abraham trying to spin warm and fuzzy feelings about a certain Mr. Vicente, currently in the South Bay House of Correction, being held without bail for dangerousness stemming from gun and assault charges (Ms. Abraham kind of skips over that like it was too many parking tickets). This was accompanied by the usual whining about disproportionate numbers of black and brown people in the lockup...
Keep up the good work!!

Who???

I don't think freedom of the press should pertain to anyone who supported Hillary. The Founding Fathers would have hung her after a speedy trial. Any press supporting her is treasonous. Prove me wrong historically.

Gee. This could be fun.
F n A, For the good ole days when things made sense.

Maybe she can go to the track and run a Corvette next, "The extreme torque and power as I stepped on the gas, no one should own a vehicle w/ that much horse power". It's called Merica bitch. Freedom for us to choose. If things are too scary for you, don't own one.

Why do I feel like if she had shot a 10/22 she would have said the same thing.
You are exactly right. She didn't write this steaming pile of crap for people like us. She wrote it for the sheeple who read the Globe. They can nod their heads up and down in agreement and say "oh she gets it." I'm glad people like her write this garbage. It tends to fire up gun owners even more.

I'm afraid of heights .
No one should be allowed to build anything more than one story high.
You have to wonder what kind of mess these the people's personal lives are that they obsess on what other people have all day every day.
You can bet your ass it's not just guns, she most likely has a long list of other things she thinks other people shouldn't have.

What a hot pile of trash.

The irony is that she makes exactly the argument of why the AR-15 is the PERFECT rifle for everyone, including the general citizen with very little training.
-Accurate
-Easy to use
-Lightweight
-Uncomplated manipulation and no need to reload
-Low recoil

If I were a small statured person who had to defend my life from an ambush predator breaking into my house in the middle of the night, would you want to fumble around jamming shells into a long-ass pump shotgun that would knock me down or would your rather pop a 30 roundpersecondclipmag in an AR and go to work?

She had an agenda, Nestor Ramos must have moved on to another subject. The Globe has gone all hands on deck after guns and Trump. read my comments and the idiots who respond. Surprisingly there were quite a few pro-gun, anti-Joan comments posted.

Last edited:
Should've given her a M&P 15-22, I hear the recoil is monstrous

Having not read the article, I was just wondering if maybe that was exactly what she was shooting. Personally I wouldn't start a person who's never shot before out on a center fire rifle.

I read the article and it was prejudiced and ignorant. Normally, I don't comment in threads like this, because there is nothing positive to be achieved. But in this case, there is a point I want to make.

If you can take someone to the range who has never handled a firearm, and if you are qualified to give them a safe introduction, then you should always do it. No matter how anti-gun the person is, you should invite them if you think they might be willing, and you should create a safe, interesting and possibly fun experience for them. People fear the unknown more than they fear known but scary things. People can hate their fantasy of the unknown more than they can hate a known reality.

As this article has shown, you will not always have a positive result, but spreading actual knowledge is still the right thing to do when the truth supports your position.

I know whomever had the right intentions and introduced her to the AR platform in person, but a scorpion, a Nazi, or a
I read the article and it was prejudiced and ignorant. Normally, I don't comment in threads like this, because there is nothing positive to be achieved. But in this case, there is a point I want to make.

If you can take someone to the range who has never handled a firearm, and if you are qualified to give them a safe introduction, then you should always do it. No matter how anti-gun the person is, you should invite them if you think they might be willing, and you should create a safe, interesting and possibly fun experience for them. People fear the unknown more than they fear known but scary things. People can hate their fantasy of the unknown more than they can hate a known reality.

As this article has shown, you will not always have a positive result, but spreading actual knowledge is still the right thing to do when the truth supports your position.

Respectfully disagree. Never enable the press or someday she may also be covering your transfer into a rail car.

Back
Top Bottom