Finally glock got the hint.. teases on a single stack 9mm- Glock 43 Megathread

A gun doesn't seem very useful in that situation.

Any job that has something resembling a badge/ribbon/special ID fits under that blue label program, lol.

Those who qualify include:

• Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City (Includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials)
  • EMT’s, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
  • Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D. (Includes retired Military with "retired" credentials)
  • Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
  • State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.) also includes State Licensed Armed Security Officers
  • Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys
  • LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy[
  • ]

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm raging pretty hard right now (in a good way). I mean, who wouldn't be? An oversized, overweight, low capacity 9mm is something I just can't get enough of.

Probably. Smaller, slimmer, lighter, same capacity.

Not the same class of gun, IMHO. If I was going to make a guess, the Glock is probably somewhat easier to shoot, particularly at speed. Not that the PM9 is a bad gun, hardly... its pretty much the king of its
class.

-Mike

Not the same class of gun, IMHO. If I was going to make a guess, the Glock is probably somewhat easier to shoot, particularly at speed. Not that the PM9 is a bad gun, hardly... its pretty much the king of its
class.

-Mike

See, if it isn't the same class of gun, then I don't know what class it is suppose to be in. I thought the whole point of making these single stack (mostly 9mm) guns was for ease and comfort of concealing. Why else would you want a reduced capacity firearm? The Kahr PM9 pretty much nails that. As much hate as it gets, the Kel-tec PF9 fits the role damn well too. If I want to go bigger and heavier, I'll stick with a double stack compact. This is why I don't see the appeal of the M&P Shield or the Glock 43. I'll stick with an M&Pc or Glock 26. I just don't get the role of these guns if it isn't meant to compete with the PM9/PF9 class of pistols.

the six rd cap is making me feel like I should've grabbed the PM9 that I saw with a great price
I've got a couple holsters I'll give to you if you do.

class.

-Mike
My guess too.

class.

-Mike

I'm not really sure what class this new Glock is in, and I think that's the issue. If it's a micro-compact there are better guns. If it's a sub-compact there are better guns. Pretty much name any class and there are better guns. (At least on paper. Obviously I haven't handled one yet but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's going to feel like a Glock.)

See, if it isn't the same class of gun, then I don't know what class it is suppose to be in. I thought the whole point of making these single stack (mostly 9mm) guns was for ease and comfort of concealing.

A shield or a G43 is still a lot lighter and narrower than a G26 or M&Pc, and it's probably significantly easier to shoot than a PM9 or a PF9. It's still easier to carry than a G26 or a M&Pc is, too.

I can see where you're coming from, particularly if you carry something like a G26 99% of the time and only downsize on a rare occasion... then yeah, buying a gun in that class doesn't make much sense to you, if you can go smaller than the guns offered in it, anyways. The problem for the general market at hand is, though, things like PM9s and PF9s are not for everyone. Starting with the fact that you can't even buy them everywhere. When I talk to most people about the PM9 they don't even know what the **** I'm talking about, and they don't even know who Kahr Arms is. Not to mention there's an enormous value in having something with a similar trigger to other handguns. Sure a PM9 is easy to operate, but lets face it... it's still a light, but shitty DAO-feeling-like trigger. The only saving grace is the pull is light, but there's no short reset or anything like that. The Shield and the G43 will sell scads of guns based on the trigger alone.

-Mike

class.

-Mike

You hit the nail right on the head with shootability. I would say that if there is one draw back to my PM9 it is that you really have to hold on to that little sucker, especially if you have big hands. I usually carry +P ammo and with a pistol that small you can really notice the difference. It is a pussycat with regular target loads, but when I was running carry stuff through it I could really tell.

But the positives far outweigh the one draw back in my opinion. It is as accurate as any other gun I own, you just can't beat it for concealability and with a spare mag in my pocket you have 14 rounds of 9mm +p, which is nice. I just have more confidence in it than I would with 380, 32 etc.

I have always pocket carried it but think I am going to try carrying IWB and OWB this summer and see how that works out.

I don't like Glocks. But then again my experience has been very limited. I owned a 26. Too chunky. Of course my 9C is also chunky which is why I no longer carry it. I actually held a G42 today for the first time. I might be tempted when the 43s come out.

Not to mention there's an enormous value in having something with a similar trigger to other handguns. Sure a PM9 is easy to operate, but lets face it... it's still a light, but shitty DAO-feeling-like trigger. The only saving grace is the pull is light, but there's no short reset or anything like that. The Shield and the G43 will sell scads of guns based on the trigger alone.

-Mike

This.

Half the reason I sold my CW9. Great gun, don't get me wrong. Slim, light, and you can actually get a good grip on it unlike the PM9. However the trigger on these Kahr's are just ok. Light, yes, but long and no reset. This became a deal breaker for me so the Kahr had to go.

And it was a trigger commonality thing. I carry a glock for work. This was why I bought and carry a 42 off duty.

I'm sure a 43 will end up in my hands at some point too. I suspect this be a very popular BUG/ plain clothes/off duty gun for a lot of guys. Guys at work are already asking me where and when I can get them one. Especially since the .40 is on the way out for us as we switch to 9mm for duty.

Last edited:
Great vid actually. And like seeing the HST round I carry. It will be a comfy carry for sure , I carry a few diff subs and for the last 2 weeks it's mainly switching between the shield and G26 and to me the shield has been a better conceal carry so far

This pistol/thread is like begging the doc to go inspecting with 4 fingers instead of 1 or 2. You know it would be gay to ask him to insert more then 1 finger, but you heard it would feel better if he slid an extra 1 or 2 in there and played rock paper scissor with you so you made up a story about how you know some dude who has an issue with his giggle button so you insist on a thorough search accompanied by a best out of 5 game of Rochambeau until you need a menthol for your walk back to your wife's Subaru.

This pistol/thread is like begging the doc to go inspecting with 4 fingers instead of 1 or 2. You know it would be gay to ask him to insert more then 1 finger, but you heard it would feel better if he slid an extra 1 or 2 in there and played rock paper scissor with you so you made up a story about how you know some dude who has an issue with his giggle button so you insist on a thorough search accompanied by a best out of 5 game of Rochambeau until you need a menthol for your walk back to your wife's Subaru.

Wow.
Don't ask, don't tell.
The overshare light is burning my eyes. [rofl]

Yea sorry about that. It was kinda on the wrong side of that line we shouldn't cross...

[mod: don't do that]

Last edited:

Never go full retard. Realizing what I just said, back to the Glock discussion.

Never go full retard. Realizing what I just said, back to the single stack 9mm Glock discussion.

FIFY.

Admittedly I had like 8 beers too many last night, I did have a point I was trying to convey with that post, I am just not sure what it was.

Back
Top Bottom