Firearms and Accessories Show Royal Plaza - Marlborough Sept 26&27

Do they check your carry gun at the door?

Not exactly: they don't permit loaded guns in the place, so you have to drop the mag or empty the cylinder, and a plastic tie-wrap is used to disable it, but you retain posession. Same as if you bring a gun to sell. At least that's the way that it's been done in the past at Marlborough.

Not exactly: they don't permit loaded guns in the place, so you have to drop the mag or empty the cylinder, and a plastic tie-wrap is used to disable it, but you retain posession. Same as if you bring a gun to sell. At least that's the way that it's been done in the past at Marlborough.

Yes, this is correct.

I was thinking check as in check it out... not check it in. [laugh]

You go for the beef jerky, then eat it while waiting in the line for the custom molded hearing protection. Or wander around and look at the war memorabilia.

Dude... I did EXACTLY that!!! Love those ear plugs and the beef jerky!!!

This will be my first gun show, and I'm pumped!!! I've been thinking about purchasing a WASR 10, but I'm not walking in there with intent.Seeing as how I just bought a bunch of hunting gear last night, if I walk into my house with a rifle my wife will beat me with it.But either way I'm sure this show will be great!!

This will be my first gun show, and I'm pumped!!! I've been thinking about purchasing a WASR 10, but I'm not walking in there with intent.Seeing as how I just bought a bunch of hunting gear last night, if I walk into my house with a rifle my wife will beat me with it.But either way I'm sure this show will be great!!

Stop by your local shops and get pricing from them first, that way you will know if your getting a good deal. Also keep in mind that some of these shops selling guns at the show may be 50 or 100 miles away from your house. I'm not say not to buy a gun from there, but if you run into a problem with your new gun, help might not be right around the corner.

Stop by your local shops and get pricing from them first, that way you will know if your getting a good deal. Also keep in mind that some of these shops selling guns at the show may be 50 or 100 miles away from your house. I'm not say not to buy a gun from there, but if you run into a problem with your new gun, help might not be right around the corner.

This.

If prices are relatively equal, buy locally/ That said, there are a good number of local vendors there.

Caveat emptor is the word of the day. I've seen people get gottahavititis because of the overwhelming atmosphere of guns and other nice things (I'm too old and cheap to be susceptible!) [laugh]

My son has informed me that we're going on Sunday - he knows how to work sellers who don't want to pack stuff up (he's 11 [shocked][smile]).

Without fail, I learn someting every time I go.

Stop by your local shops and get pricing from them first, that way you will know if your getting a good deal. Also keep in mind that some of these shops selling guns at the show may be 50 or 100 miles away from your house. I'm not say not to buy a gun from there, but if you run into a problem with your new gun, help might not be right around the corner.[/QL

I agree,from what i understand they are about $500, with a bayonet,surplus mag pouch and cleaning suplies. So anything more, to me, is just not worth it.

I've never had great luck with new/modern guns at gun shows. The prices have always been on the high side, so when you think you've negotiated a good deal you still will have paid 10% more than at one of your local gun shops. The guys at your local gun shop will (usually) take care of you if you have a problem with the firearm, the dealer from the gun show is gone............

I have had luck buying C&R and other surplus guns at different shows, though. Also hard to find mags, gun parts, and ammo (sometimes) are my likely targets. I always make a list of what I am scouting for, bring a bag with a bore light and pen/paper, and enjoy the jerky.

p.s. Keep you ears open when a patron is trying to sell a gun/rifle that they brought to the show. The guy usually gets low-balled by one of the vendors and walks away. You can then offer him a better price and usually get it. The vendor needs to make a margin, you don't. That's how I picked up a sweet Nazi K98 for $150.

I will be there Saturday looking to maybe get a snub nose. I don't have any wheel guns. On an unrelated note, Semzi is a good guy!

i'll be there at some point tomorrow. not sure what to expect, i got there late for the last one but still walked away with some makarov mags at least. some places still had straight up outrageous pricing on stuff but that's just how the game works. if you don't like it make them an offer or just keep walking.

well someone coul make a list of things people are looking for and our cell #'s and dates and ties we are going so if anyone is looking for a rare item or part or magazine we can text you if we see it....

Old revolvers, rare silly small Semi's, Combat grips for Smiths, Bayonets, Magazines, Oddball caliber ammo, Holsters, imitation used pearl grips and even a great M1 carbine that I strapped on the back of my bike all the way back from Springfield . There are many,many things you can find at a gun show . Oh Yeah,,,,,watching some strange people also,,,,,that is fun too . Will be there Sunday for the hunt .

Just got back, parking lot was jammed. Inside wasn't so bad. The usual characters were there. I noticed not so many evil black rifles this time around. Maybe the post craze glut has finally started to even things out.

Saw some decent ammo prices for cases, Lot of way overpriced guns. Actually found something for a good deal and well, bought myself an early christmas present.

I will say that I have never seen as many illegal to possess magazines at a show. There were tons of post ban AR mags. Even a guy with Glock mags with ambi notches in them. I was with a friend who was at his first show. He assumed just because they were selling stuff there that he could buy it legally.

It wasn't too crowded and I had a cold so I couldn't smell the smelly people. I did notice a large amount of velcro sneakers though :)

Some of the worst gun prices I have ever seen at a show! The ammo dude had some decent pricing going on. I didn't see much of anything that I had to have. Walked out with a 3 prong hider for a retro AR I want to build for $10, another guy had them for $15. Saw a couple NES'rs and customers from the shop. Overall the show was a disappointment for me.

I got the same feeling, the ammo prices were ok but the gun prices for the most part were very high. I saw several model 36 smiths there for over double what i paid! I will be going back again in the am, possibly to pick something up but i am not sure if i can get it.

What should i expect to pay for a colt .38 police special 6 inch barrel with a poor finish but what appears to be mechanically sound?

Some of the worst gun prices I have ever seen at a show! The ammo dude had some decent pricing going on. I didn't see much of anything that I had to have. Walked out with a 3 prong hider for a retro AR I want to build for $10, another guy had them for $15. Saw a couple NES'rs and customers from the shop. Overall the show was a disappointment for me.

were you the one in the ZHA shirt walking around?

Back
Top Bottom