• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firefighter shot by cop.

Pretty sure that shooting that guy was warranted.

Hubbard was taken to a hospital as well. His injuries included a broken eye socket, a fractured cheekbone, a cut above his left eye that required two stitches and loss of feeling in the left side of his face.

previously the dude had attacked a cab driver as well according to the article.

would have done the same thing myself if i was in that situation.

justified, i thought the guy was going for the cops gun at first, if your slamming your first into my head while im on the ground a double tap will do nicely.

The two ladies filming...disgusting. If they had stepped up, they could have saved a life.

This was just outside a nightclub. There were any number of people who could/would/should have stepped in to break up the fight before it got to the point where the officer needed to use his gun for righteous self-defense.

The officer was justified when it got to the point it did. It just didn't need to get to that point.

Anyone who bought the groom a shot to 'congratulate' him, should feel like shit, too. Nothing good comes from having a shitfaced groom on his wedding night.

This was just outside a nightclub. There were any number of people who could/would/should have stepped in to break up the fight before it got to the point where the officer needed to use his gun for righteous self-defense.

The officer was justified when it got to the point it did. It just didn't need to get to that point.

Anyone who bought the groom a shot to 'congratulate' him, should feel like shit, too. Nothing good comes from having a shitfaced groom on his wedding night.

The bride claimed that the groom wasn't even drunk. I thought being drunk was a prerequisite for trying to wrassle a uniformed cop.

Ultimately the cop was justified, dude was destroying his face. But am I the only one who saw what looked like the cop kneeing him in the head just before they started scuffling?!

It sounded like the cop asked for help. Nobody did and he was forced to take a life. I guess taking a video is more important these days.

It sounded like the cop asked for help. Nobody did and he was forced to take a life. I guess taking a video is more important these days.

the video aspect is valid. If a bystander had jumped in to help the cop and was accidently shot to death then a video is better than a he said she said. Takes a couple of minutes for the police to say that bystander jumped in to help the attacker and try to cover tracks. Either way just like people say "pics or it didn't happen" this applies to interactions with public officials as it gives everything 100% truth or 100% false endings.

Sadly, attempting to help usually makes matters worse. There is no way I'm getting involved with a cop and potential drunk at that point. No way.

I'm a bit confused as to what is going on. At first, it seems like the cop is okay, and just trying to cuff the guy. Then when that doesn't quite work, he changes tactics and gets into a wrestling/grappling match voluntarily. Why? As it turned out, the other guy was a better grappler than him, and he was now in a position without any other options than deadly force. Is ones ego and extreme desire for absolute immediate control worth risking your and his life for?

Back
Top Bottom